Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix) - Part 4

Really enjoying it so far, but not a big fan of the iris/focus effect, find myself wondering if I've forgot to put my glasses on.

Oh man yes agreed! I thought my eyes had gone wonky at first!

Also, the more I see Zelda holding and not smoking a damned cigarette the more absurd it becomes! It reminds me of Constantine, where they weren't allowed to show him smoking so had him endlessly stubbing them out.

3 episodes in and I'm really loving this. It's funny dark and twisted...:devil:

when Zelda whacks the sister in the head with a hammer, then buried her....:eek::laugh:

Great fun. And also agree about the iris,focus effect. I thought my TV settings had gone on a bender...:confused::rotfl:

I'm 4 episodes in myself and really enjoying it :thumbsup:

It's not up there with Netflix's best Stranger Things, Daredevil, Haunting of Hill House, etc

The long game with Michelle Gomez was not that thrilling. I think it could lost a few episodes

These witches have signed their souls away for power and prestige, outside of Sabrina summoning hellfire not sure I've seen any great powers and why aren't they living in luxury..

It got darker in latter episodes. I went off Sabrina with the end scene
7.7/10 overall

Last edited:
I watched all of the first season and really enjoyed it. I liked the fact that it didn't over-complicate the plot lines. I watched the first episode of Riverdale afterwards (and will watch at least one more) but it didn't grab me as much. As a former Buffy fan, this was right up my street - and as a former Coupling fan, it was fun to see Richard Coyle in a very different role!

The 'Sabrina' holiday special is set during the Church of Night's celebration of the winter solstice

The 'Sabrina' holiday special is set during the Church of Night's celebration of the winter solstice
No doubt their Satanic choir will be sweetly singing some traditional material and not something actually unholy - although like last time, anything from The Sound of Music qualifies.

Finished watching this last night.

Loved it and it looked sumptuous in Dolby Vision.

Pretty much everyone seemed like they had a ball hamming it up from start to finish.

Really was great fun and a visual treat throughout.

Finished watching this last night.

Loved it and it looked sumptuous in Dolby Vision.

Pretty much everyone seemed like they had a ball hamming it up from start to finish.

Really was great fun and a visual treat throughout.
Yeah, aside from some of the lens trickery which felt unnecessary.
I wonder what demon they'll opt for the Xmas special? Should be a ho, ho, hoot.

Yeah, aside from some of the lens trickery which felt unnecessary.
I wonder what demon they'll opt for the Xmas special? Should be a ho, ho, hoot.

Yep... that weird lens effect threw me a little.

If it'd been used in a consistent fashion then it might have worked. However, I found it very random in its implementation.

Renewed for seasons 3 & 4
Neflix have ordered 16 more episodes of the show, to be released in two installments as Parts 3 and 4.

As previously announced, Part 2 is already set to hit Netflix on April 5.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
wow April 5th that is quick.

Cool really enjoyed Season 1 :thumbsup:

What on earth is the music they used on that trailer? It's so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

EDIT: Well "Shazam" can't identify it. Looks like I'll have to start working my way through my industrial, aggrotech, techno libraries...which could take months. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I'm 50 tomorrow.

Got things planned tomorrow and Saturday and then Sunday I'll be curled up on the sofa with the dog and watch this ALL day...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom