Christmas/Boxing day sales

Turk

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of any upcoming Christmas or boxing day sales? Could just do with the XE90 coming down a couple hundred quid so I can snap one up. :thumbsup:

Should have some good deals on that model coming up, in my opinion that model is by far the best in that price range .

I'm hoping so. I'd like to see the 55" at a grand but I think I might be asking too much.

I think it is very possible it come could down to that price, at the moment the cheapest I can find is £1,179 so I can certainly see it dropping to a grand during the sales.

Profit margins are already squeezed even more because of the exchange rate... I would be very surprised if it falls to a grand or less... Possibly down to £1100.00.

Same boat as the poster above, do I wait to see if it comes down in price, or just bite the bullet at its current price. I wonder if Sony know how good the product is for the place it is in the market (after all it is currently best bang for buck as it is). If so they might not drop it in price at all.

Same boat as the poster above, do I wait to see if it comes down in price, or just bite the bullet at its current price. I wonder if Sony know how good the product is for the place it is in the market (after all it is currently best bang for buck as it is). If so they might not drop it in price at all.
I'm not sure it's that way round to be fair. I think maybe the others are just that poor this year.

I’m waiting patiently too lads also wonder will xe93 come down to £1200 and would it be worth getting

If the 93 came down to 1200 I reckon I could find an extra couple of hundred quid. :D

sales really disappointing so far. have £700 to spend but not seeing much around.
Very little popping up on UKhotdeals to.

Sales have never been great at xmas/new year for TVs. They push the prices back up after black friday/cyber monday and then push them back down sometimes to the same level. Won't be until clearance sales that you'll see TVs significantly discounted more than black friday.

Id like to pay a grand for a 55 XE90 from somewhere local (curries, RS etc). Do you think that's asking too much? I can get one from Co op electrical for around £1025 with a code and cash back but I'd rather buy local.

If you buy locally you actually get less rights when it comes to returning the item.

For example, when you order an item online you are able to return it within 14 days with no restocking fee. Whilst if you order the same item in a store, they will charge you a restocking fee to return it. This is of course if you are just unhappy, not if you have a fault.

That aside, generally stores all price match each other, so if one store drops the price of the TV down to a certain level the others will either match it themselves or allow you to make a price match request anyway.

If that price is avaialble to everyone from the coop you should enquire if RS will price match it, although John Lewis seem to be the most leniant with cashback. Currys I'm not sure about, they have a price match guarentee but I'm not sure how leniant they are with it when it comes to promotions and offers elsewhere...but then again I would recommend not buying from Currys but thats just me.

Oh right, didn't think I'd get a price match with it being a code and cash back. May be worth a try then.

So current prices -
xe85 - £849.99
MU7000 - £849
xe90 - £1199

Based on black friday deals, if the xe85 was available around £650 again is this the best deal to get if i was going to upgrade in 5ish years? I know the xe90 may come down to £1000 - £1100 but is it worth the extra £400 - better spending the £400 in a few years an OLED?
Dodge, no real preference over the MU7000 and xe85 - whatever is cheaper?

Thanks guys

Well John Lewis certainly price match discounts, provided they are available to all and not just one customer. Cashback, well that is probably another matter as you aren't paid by the retailer really.

@archman certainly at those prices the XE85 leaps above the XE9005 in the bang for buck meter but which TV you go for is more about when you buy and your uses than the exact model. The XE9005 is of course much better value to someone using lots of HDR compared to someone who doesn't.

Prices have started to fall by the looks of it. B7 back to 1500, 55XE90 down to 1100, 55XE93 at 1450. According to price spy.

I've been waiting couple weeks now for these sales to start
I've just been down to my local Costco and seen the sony 55" oled for £2243 inc vat and it says £300 cashback = £1943 ...offer last till 24th dec

I was going to wait on the sales for a lg b7 cv7 for around £1400 I also still have a price match with jl for 1489 but now I've seen this sony I dont know what to do
maybe I'll wait and wish for the 65 lg to come down nearer £2000 ..when do you stop but the 65 would be awsome!
what do you guys think be the price for the 65

I'm terrible at making up my mind

I'd get the lg even at the same price tbh. Sony clip whites which is really a massive problem to me compared to the LGs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom