Cinemaparadiso disc rental

Cinema Paradiso reverted back to the standard number of discs at home a couple of weeks ago as they believe Royal Mail are back to normal operations (apart from not Saturday deliveries).

In my experience, while the discs being sent out by Paradiso are received next day, the returns are taking several days to process.
Is anyone else having the same issue?

Cinema Paradiso reverted back to the standard number of discs at home a couple of weeks ago as they believe Royal Mail are back to normal operations (apart from not Saturday deliveries).

In my experience, while the discs being sent out by Paradiso are received next day, the returns are taking several days to process.
Is anyone else having the same issue?

My Alita Battle Angel 4K disc arrived back to them on Monday and they dispatched my next rental the same day.

So it's not just me then. I thought the slow delivery might have just been because I live in N.I
Not only that, their disc turn around has been very slow. I put my membership on hold on Monday. If they had continued to send double discs I would have been happy to stay.

Yes it arrived on Tuesday.

I'm glad you are getting your money's worth Mark!

I know post normally takes an extra day to get here in N.I but I can't understand why my turn around was so slow.

Also a N. Ireland CP customer. Service has been slower this last few months due to coronavirus.
AFAIK there is no competitor now to CP, that Lovefilm has closed, so we have to stick with them.
It's the only way to get to see all the new movie releases, without having to resort to the inferior (quality wise), streaming platforms.

Also a N. Ireland CP customer. Service has been slower this last few months due to coronavirus.
AFAIK there is no competitor now to CP, that Lovefilm has closed, so we have to stick with them.
It's the only way to get to see all the new movie releases, without having to resort to the inferior (quality wise), streaming platforms.

Funnily enough, I was also a member of lovefilm, when it closed I moved to Cinema paradiso.
One reason I preferred lovefilm was that u could also rent video games.

Hey folks, just wanted to get your opinion on Cinema Paradiso. I just signed up for the free trial but instantly it said 4K and 3D are not available on the free trial so I just cancelled it. My only reason for joining would be to get 4K and 3D discs as well as access to movies not available on streaming/sky etc. Seems a bit pointless to limit the free trial to standard blu ray.

What are the turn around times, can you set to only receive 4k blu rays, are latest releases easy enough to get, do the discs ever turn up in poor condition? Would you recommend?

Cheers

Hey folks, just wanted to get your opinion on Cinema Paradiso. I just signed up for the free trial but instantly it said 4K and 3D are not available on the free trial so I just cancelled it. My only reason for joining would be to get 4K and 3D discs as well as access to movies not available on streaming/sky etc. Seems a bit pointless to limit the free trial to standard blu ray.

What are the turn around times, can you set to only receive 4k blu rays, are latest releases easy enough to get, do the discs ever turn up in poor condition? Would you recommend?

Cheers

Hi. Which level did you select when you signed up? If you selected the 1 disc out / 2 discs per month option then you are only able to rent dvds and standard blu rays. I usually get the disc 1 or 2 days after they've dispatched it. Receiving new titles partially depends on your list of wants.
All discs have been in excellent condition. I could send you a 30 day VIP trial link but I think you'd have to create another account.

Hi. Which level did you select when you signed up? If you selected the 1 disc out / 2 discs per month option then you are only able to rent dvds and standard blu rays. I usually get the disc 1 or 2 days after they've dispatched it. Receiving new titles partially depends on your list of wants.
All discs have been in excellent condition. I could send you a 30 day VIP trial link but I think you'd have to create another account.
Hi Mark, thanks that would be great. Yeah I just selected the 2 disc per month option. When I was at the first stage of setting up my new account it asked me to select the format of blurays i would like to receive “Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray and 4K” when I tried to select 3D and 4K i got a message saying they weren’t included in the free trial so I presumed it was due to the free trial rather than because of the subscription level.

Good to hear the turn around is usually pretty fast and discs come in good condition. How is the 4K catalogue, do they have most titles available in 4K (where there is a 4k disc release)?

EDIT:

I was just looking to see where it says what you get with each subscription and came across this -

Do you offer 3D and Ultra HD / 4K for rental?
We offer some 3D and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs for rental. Even though we have listed all the titles that have been released on our website, the button to Add a title to the list will only appear next to the title we can offer for rental. Please log in and go to this page to find out what is available. Film Explorer for online Blu-ray and DVD Rentals
Please note: 4K Ultra HD titles are not available while your subscription is on the Free Trial offer.

It doesn’t mention anything about 4K or 3D being limited to the unlimited subscriptions only that they are not available during the free trial. I wouldnt want you to waste your VIP 30 day trial on me, is there anyway to check it will definitely Include 4k and 3D?

Last edited:
Hi Mark, thanks that would be great. Yeah I just selected the 2 disc per month option. When I was at the first stage of setting up my new account it asked me to select the format of blurays i would like to receive “Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray and 4K” when I tried to select 3D and 4K i got a message saying they weren’t included in the free trial so I presumed it was due to the free trial rather than because of the subscription level.

Good to hear the turn around is usually pretty fast and discs come in good condition. How is the 4K catalogue, do they have most titles available in 4K (where there is a 4k disc release)?

EDIT:

I was just looking to see where it says what you get with each subscription and came across this -

Do you offer 3D and Ultra HD / 4K for rental?
We offer some 3D and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs for rental. Even though we have listed all the titles that have been released on our website, the button to Add a title to the list will only appear next to the title we can offer for rental. Please log in and go to this page to find out what is available. Film Explorer for online Blu-ray and DVD Rentals
Please note: 4K Ultra HD titles are not available while your subscription is on the Free Trial offer.

It doesn’t mention anything about 4K or 3D being limited to the unlimited subscriptions only that they are not available during the free trial. I wouldnt want you to waste your VIP 30 day trial on me, is there anyway to check it will definitely Include 4k and 3D?

I can't find anything that says 4k and 3d blu rays are or are not included with the VIP trial pass.
I won't be wasting my VIP trial as I can send out multiple passes. I'll drop you a pm with my link.

I'm on 4 discs a month and can get 4K discs

Yeah I don’t see anything regarding disc type limitations on any subscription. Just the free trial period.

I can't find anything that says 4k and 3d blu rays are or are not included with the VIP trial pass.
I won't be wasting my VIP trial as I can send out multiple passes. I'll drop you a pm with my link.

Cheers mate, I signed up again with your lino but the VIP trial is the same and limited to standard blu ray. I guess I might as well just try It out, il have a look at what is only on blu ray that I cant get through sky or netflix etc.

EDIT:

So I just cancelled my free trial subscription and have gone to reinstate my account so that I can get access to 3d and 4k. It’s here you can see that the £5.99 subscription is limited to DVD and Blu-Ray.

82007435-2EB7-4F6A-BD66-C6E906EBFD12.png

Last edited:

Cheers

They have been fantastic in all the years I have been with them. But their turnaround times have been a lot slower than usual since the virus hit. Normally if I returned disc on a Monday I would have my next lot by the Thursday.
The way it works.... You make out a list of movies you want in order of priority. They do generally send you the discs u have at the top unless it is a popular release, even then u won't wait long. If they can't get what's at the top of your list they send out whatever is available close to the top of your list. When u setup your account you tell them your prefered media, 3d, 4k or bluray. When u select a disc it automatically picks your preference. Say u wanted 3d. If that is not available on that movie it will automatically select 4k and so on. But when u pick a movie it shows u the available media so you can also choose manually
I checked for you, there are lots of new releases that still use 3D, i thought that was dead long ago.
The discs they send are alway immaculate, I'm yet to get one with a single scratch.
I find the unlimited, 2 discs at a time the best value, if u watch them when u receive them, then return ASAP, u can get through a lot of movies in a month!
I had suspended my membership when everything slowed down but on Sunday I started it back up again so I'll let you know how fast the turn around it now, if it is still as slow as it was I will suspend again for another couple of months.
I would definitely recommend them though, it is a superb service and I have been with them for a very long time.
I hope this helps, anything else u want to know, post and I'll reply.
Cheers, Jim

Turn aorund isn't too bad, maybe a few days longer than usual, and that mainly seems to be the return route. Whether that's postal delays or processing on their side I'm not sure. I can easily manage to get my 4 a month limit covered.

Cheers Eddy.
I know getting post to N.I is taking a bit longer which doesn't help
Jim

They have been fantastic in all the years I have been with them. But their turnaround times have been a lot slower than usual since the virus hit. Normally if I returned disc on a Monday I would have my next lot by the Thursday.
The way it works.... You make out a list of movies you want in order of priority. They do generally send you the discs u have at the top unless it is a popular release, even then u won't wait long. If they can't get what's at the top of your list they send out whatever is available close to the top of your list. When u setup your account you tell them your prefered media, 3d, 4k or bluray. When u select a disc it automatically picks your preference. Say u wanted 3d. If that is not available on that movie it will automatically select 4k and so on. But when u pick a movie it shows u the available media so you can also choose manually
I checked for you, there are lots of new releases that still use 3D, i thought that was dead long ago.
The discs they send are alway immaculate, I'm yet to get one with a single scratch.
I find the unlimited, 2 discs at a time the best value, if u watch them when u receive them, then return ASAP, u can get through a lot of movies in a month!
I had suspended my membership when everything slowed down but on Sunday I started it back up again so I'll let you know how fast the turn around it now, if it is still as slow as it was I will suspend again for another couple of months.
I would definitely recommend them though, it is a superb service and I have been with them for a very long time.
I hope this helps, anything else u want to know, post and I'll reply.
Cheers, Jim
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jim. I know a lot of people never took to 3D, but a good 3D movie on a projector that can handle 3D well is a great movie experience so I still like too see some movies in 3d when I can. Marvel do some great 3D movies, it was always a hard choice wether to get 3d or 4k when buying marvel blu rays, I would usually get 3d or both.

I recently sold my blu ray collection, I had built up a massive collection over the years but I was due to downsize somewhat and couldn’t afford the space to keep them, so I decided to go down the streaming/sky route. But for some movies I’d still like to watch using disc to get the very best out of it.

I was able to search the available titles once I signed up for the free trial, your right there is a decent selection of 4k and 3d. Its a shame the trial is limited to blu ray only so I guess I will bypass the free trial and just try it out how I plan to use it to see for myself. Like you say I will Need to take into account they will likely be busier due the pandemic.

Thanks again for Sharing your thoughts

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jim. I know a lot of people never took to 3D, but a good 3D movie on a projector that can handle 3D well is a great movie experience so I still like too see some movies in 3d when I can. Marvel do some great 3D movies, it was always a hard choice wether to get 3d or 4k when buying marvel blu rays, I would usually get 3d or both.

I recently sold my blu ray collection, I had built up a massive collection over the years but I was due to downsize somewhat and couldn’t afford the space to keep them, so I decided to go down the streaming/sky route. But for some movies I’d still like to watch using disc to get the very best out of it.

I was able to search the available titles once I signed up for the free trial, your right there is a decent selection of 4k and 3d. Its a shame the trial is limited to blu ray only so I guess I will bypass the free trial and just try it out how I plan to use it to see for myself. Like you say I will Need to take into account they will likely be busier due the pandemic.

Thanks again for Sharing your thoughts
I got four free 3 month trials to give out to friends at Xmas, when they were used up I asked I could have more but it was a no go.

I got four free 3 month trials to give out to friends at Xmas, when they were used up I asked I could have more but it was a no go.
I don’t think they would be have been any good for me either mate, I tried the 14 day free trial and the 30 day VIP free trial that mark sent me but neither would let me take out 3d or 4k, and in the T&Cs it says that 3D and 4K are not included in free trials. The only way for me to try it out is to go for a paid membership. I think I will start with the £9.99 1 disk at a time unlimited per month.

Yeah thats what I’m thinking, i like that you can freeze your account as well because i often work away from home for upto 7-8 weeks at a time so usually I still pay for services I cant use with this at least I will only pay for when im home

Thats me setup, just went for 1 disc at time for now. Ive made a list of 10 movies so far, dont want to add too many yet. My account wont be verified until tomorrow though as it was after 12pm.

I had suspended my membership when everything slowed down but on Sunday I started it back up again so I'll let you know how fast the turn around it now
Please do. I'm another NI member and the turnaround has been terrible since this whole covid thing started, service was always brilliant before this. I'm considering freezing my account as delivery's taking 6-7 days each way so I'm only getting 2 deliveries per month. Pretty sure it's royal mail at fault though.

Please do. I'm another NI member and the turnaround has been terrible since this whole covid thing started, service was always brilliant before this. I'm considering freezing my account as delivery's taking 6-7 days each way so I'm only getting 2 deliveries per month. Pretty sure it's royal mail at fault though.

Sorry, so your account is still active atm? And it is still taking that long to turn around? I'll let you know how I get on but by the sounds of things I might be freezing again soon. The main reason for restarting account was because I am itching to see 1917 in 4k. I added this to the top of my list and thankfully that's what they have sent out. I'll let everyone know how long it takes to arrive here, and also how long it takes to get back and how long the turnaround time takes
Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom