Cinemaparadiso disc rental

Sorry, so your account is still active atm? And it is still taking that long to turn around? I'll let you know how I get on but by the sounds of things I might be freezing again soon. The main reason for restarting account was because I am itching to see 1917 in 4k. I added this to the top of my list and thankfully that's what they have sent out. I'll let everyone know how long it takes to arrive here, and also how long it takes to get back and how long the turnaround time takes
Jim
Maybe things are improving because my disc posted Friday was marked as received today, so only 2 days late, which I'm happy enough with given the current situation. Will have to see how long it takes for today's disc to arrive with me.

Would u let me know how u get on please mate? Many thanks. Jim

My account got confirmed today and the first disc sent out, Ant Man 3D which was about 15th on a 17 film list, a wee bit disappointed that was the highest movie on the list they could send but I never got a chance to watch my copy before I sold it so looking forward to watching it.

My account got confirmed today and the first disc sent out, Ant Man 3D which was about 15th on a 17 film list, a wee bit disappointed that was the highest movie on the list they could send but I never got a chance to watch my copy before I sold it so looking forward to watching it.

Wow, I am really surprised they sent you out a disc so low down your list. I'm sure all other members will agree they have never had this issue, I certainly haven't. I wonder if it is anything to do with your list being mostly 3D, that's the only reason I can come up with. Very strange.
Have any other members had this issue before?

Wow, I am really surprised they sent you out a disc so low down your list. I'm sure all other members will agree they have never had this issue, I certainly haven't. I wonder if it is anything to do with your list being mostly 3D, that's the only reason I can come up with. Very strange.
Have any other members had this issue before?
My list is mainly 4ks but maybe because most newer releases even still I would have thought there would have been something higher up available. The only thing I can think of is I Have accidentally moved it up, it’s annoyingly easy to move movies about the list when scrolling on my iPad.

F1AFD8AC-EC47-4E1B-A8B1-ABCA4F7C6411.png

My list is mainly 4ks but maybe because most newer releases even still I would have thought there would have been something higher up available. The only thing I can think of is I Have accidentally moved it up, it’s annoyingly easy to move movies about the list when scrolling on my iPad.

View attachment 1307450

Have you got Send At Random on for that list?

Have you got Send At Random on for that list?
Just checked and the box under send at random is unchecked so I dont think that is the reason, thanks for pointing that out though as i didnt know about that

Nor did I lol.
Maybe u didn't get some from towards the top of the list is because I just got 1917 & bad boys sent out to me 😁😅

Nor did I lol.
Maybe u didn't get some from towards the top of the list is because I just got 1917 & bad boys sent out to me 😁😅

Haha no fair😆

I returned Terminator Dark Fate yesterday and it arrived with them today. It's usually taken a couple of days for the discs to get back to them lately. And I've also had an email saying Knives Out is on it's way. They were 7th and 3rd on my list.

I'll always sing the praises of this company and their service. Absolutely great. Consistently quick service & a hell of a lot better than blind-buying films.

Got a message back from Cinema Paradiso, they said that Antman 3d was 6th on my list when it was sent out so looks like I’d accidentally moved it up the list when scrolling through the ipad, oops :)

Antman 3d was received today (sent back on Saturday) and The Gentleman 4K sent out today (No 1 on my list) Looks like I will get around 4, maybe 5, movies a month making it around £2 - £2.50 per rental which ain’t too shabby.

A question I forgot to ask the regular CP users. When you send a disc back do you drop off in post box or do you take into the post office so you can get a proof of posting receipt (thats what I did returning my first disc) but does anyone ever just stick in a post box, and have there ever been any issues with discs going missing?

Cheers

A question I forgot to ask the regular CP users. When you send a disc back do you drop off in post box or do you take into the post office so you can get a proof of posting receipt (thats what I did returning my first disc) but does anyone ever just stick in a post box, and have there ever been any issues with discs going missing?

Cheers

Just post box here, I don't think Ive ever had discs go missing, I have reported discs missing a few times, especially the last few months due to covid19 and the delays but they eventually receive them.

The service for me has been slow the last few months, understandably. Things could be be getting better though as although I had to report discs missing last week, but after I did, I got an email to say they received them, 2 new discs then sent out on Friday, and received them Monday, considering we get no post on a Saturday currently, that was quick.

Still waiting on The Gentleman, it was posted out on tuesday so thought it would have arrived by now, I understand there is potential for delays with all thats going though. How long should you wait to report a disc missing? Ive not really noticed any delays with my post in recent weeks so starting to get concerned this has gone missing.

@mambo1888 - I'd be really interested to know how you get on over the coming weeks/months.

Just reading through all these comments and overall it sounds as though Cinema Paradiso is pretty good at delivery 4K blu-rays near the top of your list in a timely fashion (current COVID issues aside)?

I'm in the process of installing a 7.2.4 Atmos setup (will be ready in August) and while I had intended to only stick to SkyQ and my Apple 4K TV with streaming services, I'm tempted to now buy a Blu-Ray player and sign up for CP for a Friday/Saturday night type "movie night" where 4K and the full sound package works.

I'm leaning towards cancelling my Sky Movies subscription (£10 pcm and barely used, especially now Disney+ has the kids films on) and using that to offset the cost to sign up for a 2-3 disc unlimited CP subscription. This seems the most sensible and cost effective way to go about utilising the new setup, rather than spending a lot of money on some sort of media server platform (e.g. Kaleidoscope) or having to spend £25 per pop on a Blu-Ray every time I want to watch one.

@mambo1888 - I'd be really interested to know how you get on over the coming weeks/months.

Just reading through all these comments and overall it sounds as though Cinema Paradiso is pretty good at delivery 4K blu-rays near the top of your list in a timely fashion (current COVID issues aside)?

I'm in the process of installing a 7.2.4 Atmos setup (will be ready in August) and while I had intended to only stick to SkyQ and my Apple 4K TV with streaming services, I'm tempted to now buy a Blu-Ray player and sign up for CP for a Friday/Saturday night type "movie night" where 4K and the full sound package works.

I'm leaning towards cancelling my Sky Movies subscription (£10 pcm and barely used, especially now Disney+ has the kids films on) and using that to offset the cost to sign up for a 2-3 disc unlimited CP subscription. This seems the most sensible and cost effective way to go about utilising the new setup, rather than spending a lot of money on some sort of media server platform (e.g. Kaleidoscope) or having to spend £25 per pop on a Blu-Ray every time I want to watch one.
Il keep you updated mate, at the moment il hold judgement since it looks like my second disc has been lost, so at the moment I’ve only had 1 disc in about 2 weeks. If all goes smoothly I think it should be good value, like you say a proper movie night on a Friday/Saturday in the best possible format is what I was looking for with Cinema Paradiso.
Obviously the current situation needs to be taken into consideration as well as I might have been unlucky with my second disc so I will give it time, but for £10 a month I’d want 4 movies ideally.

Il keep you updated mate, at the moment il hold judgement since it looks like my second disc has been lost, so at the moment I’ve only had 1 disc in about 2 weeks. If all goes smoothly I think it should be good value, like you say a proper movie night on a Friday/Saturday in the best possible format is what I was looking for with Cinema Paradiso.
Obviously the current situation needs to be taken into consideration as well as I might have been unlucky with my second disc so I will give it time, but for £10 a month I’d want 4 movies ideally.
Under normal circumstances you'll definitely get 4 deliveries per month, I usually get 5-6 depending on how fast I watch them. I wouldn't judge the service based on how things are at the moment.

Under normal circumstances you'll definitely get 4 deliveries per month, I usually get 5-6 depending on how fast I watch them. I wouldn't judge the service based on how things are at the moment.
Yeah to be fair thats what i was expecting and i do think thats what il get, think i just got unlucky with the second disc

Hey bud, just to give you a wee update. After my second disc was considered lost (i think i reported it missing on Saturday morning after the post had been and it still hadn’t arrived) I was sent out another disc on tuesday (Lion King 3D about 5th on my list)

The Gentleman turned up yesterday (8 days after they sent it out) and Lion King 3D turned up today (2 days after it was sent out).

I guess like the other users have said the current Covid 19 pandemic may be causing some delays with the deliveries, but at least there is the option to report disc missing to push through the sending of your next disc.

Hey bud, just to give you a wee update. After my second disc was considered lost (i think i reported it missing on Saturday morning after the post had been and it still hadn’t arrived) I was sent out another disc on tuesday (Lion King 3D about 5th on my list)

The Gentleman turned up yesterday (8 days after they sent it out) and Lion King 3D turned up today (2 days after it was sent out).

I guess like the other users have said the current Covid 19 pandemic may be causing some delays with the deliveries, but at least there is the option to report disc missing to push through the sending of your next disc.
I was doing that at the start of the pandemic to speed up turnaround times. Now they seem to be back on the ball again.

I was doing that at the start of the pandemic to speed up turnaround times. Now they seem to be back on the ball again.
Yeah 2 out of the 3 discs were delivered in 2/3 days which is fine, I think if it gets to 5/6 days and still not delivered I would just report it as missing just in case there’s an extra long delay or it has been lost. That way I can try and keep on track for 4 a month. I think I might have just been unlucky with the gentleman though as the others were delivered fairly quick.

Well something weird just happened. I've been waiting for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil which was sent out on Friday and I just received an e-mail a few minutes ago saying that they've received it back from me even though I never had it :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom