Cinemax's Jett Season 1 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Got better through the opening episode so I'll stick with it.

Her surname starts with a G by the way!

Started this the other day, liking it so far.
I’d actually been waiting for this to arrive here for ages...ever since I heard CG had her own Cinemax show. :love: Love her.

I really enjoyed it, Cinemax provide some very adult & watchable stuff.

Also enjoyed this overall, thought it drifted a bit in the middle but it was worth watching overall. They have definitely set it up for the next season.

Mind you i would watch CG in just about anything

Watched it back in summer

CG is one hot mama and it's 9/10 series for me.
Everything is brilliant, cast, script, casting and and acting.

Carla Gugino
Sex
Nudity
Violence
Bruce greenwood

I’m all in!

She cameoed in Justified, if anyone's interested in seeing what the Sisco series might have been like.

Great series, really enjoyed it.

The best show from Cinemax since Banshee and that was a cracker too.

Is this on sky? Also, I read Cinemax have cancelled all of the original programmes, so what does this mean?

I read Cinemax have cancelled all of the original programmes, so what does this mean?
According to article linked in the other Jett thread, they are looking for another network

Seems Warrior which is also a Cinemax show has already filmed S2 but no news on whether it will still be aired

As much as I enjoy these kind of schlock-entertainment from the likes of Starz, HBO et al, I gave up after 45mins in episode 1. The opening scene felt lifted from Pulp Fiction (mimicking the dialogue between Jules and Vincent). It tries very hard to come across as a hard-boiled crime drama but I personally found it neither gripping or humourous. Ultimately, I was bored. Not for me personally.

As much as I enjoy these kind of schlock-entertainment from the likes of Starz, HBO et al, I gave up after 45mins in episode 1. The opening scene felt lifted from Pulp Fiction (mimicking the dialogue between Jules and Vincent). It tries very hard to come across as a hard-boiled crime drama but I personally found it neither gripping or humourous. Ultimately, I was bored. Not for me personally.

Eventually it gets darker, with more impact and more consequences, turning a throwaway show into one I'd actually like to see a little more of. But you have to trudge through some hit-and-miss opening episodes before it decides to stop imitating Soderbergh/Tarantino (I can see plenty of Out of Sight here).

The torture in particular was surprising, if you make it that far.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom