Classic Doctor Who on DVD

Not for some since it’s listed as Region A locked but I couldn’t pass this at $23.97 shipped from Amazon.com:

DDB649C7-501D-4372-B966-3D3ABDB9BD2F.jpeg

Not for some since it’s listed as Region A locked but I couldn’t pass this at $23.97 shipped from Amazon.com:

View attachment 1259268

I think I paid around the same amount at Barnes and Noble. I've only watched the first episode so far so I can't say if there are any errors but it's great to have all of David Tennant's stories in one place at such a low price.

For those who have pre-ordered the Tom Baker season 12 re issue it has now been put back to a 30th of march release date.
The issue is with the discs themselves , hence the retailer recalls.

My copy already shipped, expecting it tomorrow and was happy with an early dispatch from Amazon for a change :(

Mike, I believe there was a small amount of disc pressings that were ok so hopefully you will be lucky, but most of the sets either contain Jon Pertwee's season 10 or have that sets artwork on the discs.
Amazon emailed me this evening to inform me I won't be getting mine untill the 30th of march.

I watched shada on BritBox, really enjoyed it, just nice to seen a new (to me) Tom Baker story, incl. great cameo by Tom at the end.

My Tom Baker set arrived and the discs have the correct content but the wrong artwork.

Sorry to hear that mike , what a balls up all round. Would of been more straight forward if they would of simply postponed your order, what artwork do they have?

Sorry to hear that mike , what a balls up all round. Would of been more straight forward if they would of simply postponed your order, what artwork do they have?

The Season 10 discs, but Season 12 content :confused:

E40C57FF-570C-4C53-BBFB-5C4B8F7740BC.jpeg

I amazes me the quality control in these sets. Is there any that have been released without something wrong?

A real shame. Particularly when so many people have worked so hard to come up with these releases. Does this point to advising slowing down the release schedule a bit? Who knows.

It wasn't the production staff at fault on this one, it was Sony who buggered up the entire pressing run.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Faceless Ones [3xBD] steelbook pre-order £25.99 at HMV now price-matched at Amazon

Just (re)ordered from Amazon for £20.99 using voucher code MYDISCOUNT5.

This discount is £5 off £25 for selected customers.

Just (re)ordered from Amazon for £20.99 using voucher code MYDISCOUNT5.

This discount is £5 off £25 for selected customers.

sadly doesn’t work for me - I wonder what the criteria is for the code to work ?

I've just watched the leisure hive on bluray. Season 18(season 7) arrived from USA. It's region a locked. The box set only cost £18 plus excise and postage. It came to around £28.
I do like Tom Baker as dw.
I'm not keen on Warriors Gate, but I've not seen it for years so I may at last get into it.
I wish the BBC would release all of Baker and pertwee on bluray.
If the BBC were a business they'd be out already but as they don't need to make money I don't suppose its a priority.
I do have the region 1 original dvd boxset of key to time. Must dig it out as its an absolute classic.

I like the Leisure Hive - some of it is very funny. Warriors Gate takes some getting into but once you do it is very good. Only duffer in that season is Meglos which is poor - only good thing about it is Tom Baker

I recently watched The Macra Terror - whilst i love Patrick Troughton i find a lot of his stories too slow and padded out but i suppose it is a sign of the times. Macra had some good ideas but just went round in circles half of the time.

I ordered The Faceless Ones from Amazon. It was showing as arriving before 8.00 pm today even though it hadn't been despatched. I wasn't too surprised when I received an email saying it's not coming yet. What terrible service. You'd think there was a national emergency on or something.

Bri

My order always had an expected delivery date of 23rd March. I assumed that would move forward if it really did get released today, but not surprised it hasn't.

I'd kind of hoped it would have arrived early. Maybe on Saturday. At the very least I would have liked it to have arrived early enough to start watching it tonight. Their site doesn't give any indication of a delivery date at all now.

Bri

Looking around it looks like The Faceless Ones steelbook is sold out just about everywhere online. I think Amazon are unlikely to to be able to get any more copies. I rang my local HMV and they said they didn't have a copy so I managed to find an eBay seller who had it at £32. I ordered it but went for a walk later and went past HMV. As it was completely empty of customers I went in and guess what I saw straight away. So I bought it. I've cancelled my Amazon order and notified the eBay seller I no longer want the disc.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom