cleaning todays led's and oled screens

lumper

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you folks use to clean your screens when they appear dirty?
My Vizio looks like it has spots from rain for example, no it didnt get rained on or even get wet, but that is kind of what it looks like when it is off and you see light bouncing off the screen.
I am afraid to use any cleaners on it.
LG says to use a dry micro fiber and use circular motions, but it seems like a dry cloth isnt going to do it and may even scratch it, they dont make any solution that you can use to get a really nice clean screen?
I havent ordered my C9 yet so I wanted to know what to expect, but I do have a 70" Vizio P series that I want to clean up.
Thanks for any information.

I use items from my car detailing regime - specifically Meguiars 'Last touch' and a 360 gsm microfibre. I spray the product on the microfibre rather than the TV directly and it works great :)

TL : DR - don't apply harsh chemicals and don't over apply product :)

Thanks, I have been doing the sham and microfiber but I am not getting it clean, not as clean as I want it anyway.
What are you putting on the rag first gex23?
I know they warn against even water, no alcohol etc... so it sounds like from their website, dry cleaning only, but I just felt like there must be a product made for this that is wet, but I guess not?

Over the years I have tried many things. I can confirm the most effective and absolutely safest solution is the use of Autglym Fast glass. This is an automotive product aimed at plastic screens found in vehicles, Sat Navs etc, but it is absolutely perfect for any kind of TV screens whether coated or not. Also good for laptops, computer screens and surrounding plastic on anything, blu-ray players, accessories, remote controls etc. Particularly effective on screens, where no end of polishing by other means still leaves streaks.
Very gentle product, contains no chemicals, silicones, waxes or abrasives and leaves no residue of any kind. Just spray on and wipe off excess with a paper towel then buff with a micro fibre cloth. Your screens will look like new for minimum effort

Last edited:
Another vote for Ecomoist here. Leaves screens clean, smear free and anti static. I use it my 65 LG OLED and my 32 inch LED monitor.

Ok thanks very much, I never heard of it here in the states, but I will see about ordering some, and Ill check out the autoglym too.

Makes sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom