Clear night for the ISS.

Atmos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A clear night, perfect for the ISS. I screwed up the first pass and waited another 90mins till 2:25
am for a second go. I'm glad I did. The best shot of the ISS I've ever taken.

IMG_7091.jpg

I also took pictures of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. All with a DSLR camera.

IMG_7123.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6978.jpg

So what camera/lens combo were you using; impressive regardless

So what camera/lens combo were you using; impressive regardless

Thanks.

I was using a 24mp Canon D200 with 100-400mm Canon L lens and a 2x Canon Teleconverter.

No doubt a Telescope would get much more detail but it’s still fun to see what a DSLR can do.

tonight is a good chance to catch it 00:03 - 00:07, 01:37 - 01:44 and 3:13 - 3:20

no long lens though so its just a pixel in the sky for me

A clear night, perfect for the ISS. I screwed up the first pass and waited another 90mins till 2:25
am for a second go. I'm glad I did. The best shot of the ISS I've ever taken.

View attachment 1333005
nice, did you pre focus?

I don’t think you can pre focus the ISS because it’s either getting closer to you or further away. The way I do it is to take a shot every 2-3 seconds and refocus every shot. It’s a bit hit and miss but it’s better to do that than end up with 100 shots all slightly out of focus. The ISS is hard work.

Even with a 400mm lens and 2x teleconverter the ISS still looks like a pixel through the viewfinder. It’s only when you crop on the PC do you realise if you have anything worth while.

And as good as my L Lens is it’s not built to focus precisely on a space object like a telescope is so I feel lucky to get anything worth showing.

But it’s all good fun and I look forward to seeing other members shots of the ISS and planets.

I wouldn't have thought you could capture so much detail looking at Saturn so Kudos on that

Very nice.
Depending upon cloud cover I'm planning to have a go with my telescope tonight. It's 450mm focal length and I use a 2x barlow lens to connect the camera to the telescope.

This was a picture of the comet last night without any zoom:

IMG_4732.JPG

I had a go at Neowise last night, to much light polution and not enough zoom
s2.jpg

Nice.

I’ve still not seen it yet.
i couldnt see it with my naked eye, just looked like a faint star. Had cloud cover but got lucky last night.
All i did was find the big dipper then take a pic below it to track it down. I used Google earth pro to find were to look. THe place i wanted to capture it from was blanketed in cloud so had to head to the coast.

was a good night to capture the ISS last night, i hoped to get them both in the shot but it was not to be.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom