Cod4 should be brought back to XBOX1+PS4

There's rumours of a Modern Warfare Pack coming for PS4 & Xbox One.

Will just be Single Player though and not MP.
Rather than re-hash and old game I would rather they start from scratch and work on a new engine and a balanced MP with decent maps and weapons.
The SP has always been good fun but in recent COD's the MP side has been lacking and just downright dumb and rubbish. Stupid killstreaks, stupid sights and perks.

This is what i mean by bringing Cod4 back - nice and simple. Killstreaks 3,5,7. Nice cooncept of guns and the golden guns. Nice bolt action sniping and good maps. Love it!
Perhaps a new engine worked around the game to make it that bit better?

Three grenades, Martyrdom and Juggernaut could probably go though, eh? Wetwork was like playing during an artillery strike at times with the amount of grenades getting chucked about.

It would be good to see a 'modern warfare' collection get released but really don't see it happening, would detract from the annual cod release :(

Three grenades, Martyrdom and Juggernaut could probably go though, eh? Wetwork was like playing during an artillery strike at times with the amount of grenades getting chucked about.
Its not that bad and part of the fun.

I have went back to playing the older games as Ghosts is so bad and have spend a good month on COD4. Its superb. The amount of snipers is ruddy ridiculous though as everyone now snipes who is left on the game. FragX3 is not that much of a problem.

The only perk I think should be removed is the Overhear perk where you hear the other sides mic chatter. Its the most pointless perk in COD history.

Juggernaut, three grenades, OP choppers. All would need to go imo. No skill required mode could keep them though.

Modern Warfare was the last CoD game I really enjoyed playing online, I think it was the high point of the franchise and it all went down hill from there.
Having said that though, I'm not sure I'd want to see it again on next gen, I think I'd rather they started from scratch with a new engine, new maps and a balanced MP that players of any ability can get into and enjoy.

I'm sorry but I must strongly disagree with this, without it I would have been naive to the fact my mother is such a whore

Dunno my team usually keep me well informed of matters like that, as well as my own unknown sexual deviances. How do they know us so well?

I still go back and play the sp campaign of cod 4 from time to time, its still the best one in my opinion.

I still go back and play the sp campaign of cod 4 from time to time, its still the best one in my opinion.

Agree. It was such a breath of fresh air at the time and so well done with so many stand out levels and scripted moments. Very few bugs and an incredibly well balanced MP. For me thats why World At War was such a poor game (Apart from it being another Treyarch bug fest) it was such a step back after COD4.

Such a shame Infinity Ward got ripped apart.

I agree with this

I've just lately been looking back at the maps for MW2 and 3 and apart from a couple they were all bloody brilliant

There was a time when you would always have your favourite map and everyone else thought the exact same but now there's none :( I can't say in AMW that there a map I really, really like :( Wish they would bring back the maps we all loved and introduce them to Multiplayer but it's never going to haopen

Luckily though I still kept my Xbox 360 and all the COD games so I can go back to play these any time I wish :) :)

I liked what they did with the Crash map at Christmas time :)

I agree and it's interesting that many people think that the way to make COD4 a little better is to take a few things AWAY.

Instead, the devs just shoehorn as much stupid, OTT content into the game as possible and completely ruin it. The simplicity and gameplay is what made the game great, not the gimmicks.

I agree and it's interesting that many people think that the way to make COD4 a little better is to take a few things AWAY.

Instead, the devs just shoehorn as much stupid, OTT content into the game as possible and completely ruin it. The simplicity and gameplay is what made the game great, not the gimmicks.
It's going to be a few years yet before the Activision realise this, hopefully someone else will come up with a game changer before then

COD4 really was cracking. Personally I'd love to go back to WWII. It's been quite a while since we've seen a COD WWII shooter and I have (mostly) fond memories of playing through COD2 on Veteran on the 360. It would be a big shift from the current one but I think it could work as an alternative. Personally I prefer the real world settings of the old historical games. I know some will say you can't go back, especially with all of the new manoeuvrability of the current game, but I'd love to see them go back to their roots and almost reboot the WWII shooter.

Last edited:
COD4 really was cracking. Personally I'd love to go back to WWII. It's been quite a while since we've seen a COD WWII shooter and I have (mostly) fond memories of playing through COD2 on Veteran on the 360. It would be a big shift from the current one but I think it could work as an alternative. Personally I prefer the real world settings of the old historical games. I know some will say you can't go back, especially with all of the new manoeuvrability of the current game, but I'd love to see them go back to their roots and almost reboot the WWII shooter.
Well said this man and what a cracking game COD2 was, particularly on Veteran.

Yes I agree, best COD ever. Although I've recently just bought an Xbox One and thought I would give Call Of Duty one last chance, I bought Advanced Warfare, what a pile of shit. All the players doing the massive boost jumps, just reminds me of when COD4 was ruined with hackers floating around in the air. I've bought lots of Call Of Duty games after the original brilliant first Modern Warfare game and none have been as good, they just added lots of crap, and made it way worse.

Still its a great cash-cow for them, that's all its about these days.

The new Black Ops 3 is a jumper shooters Paradise. The first MW game was simplicity and stunning for it's time.

I think BOPS3 is better than all these modern call of dutys but no where near as good as the likes of cod4 and waw.
It's a shame with this new back compat they won't bring back cod4 etc

I think BOPS3 is better than all these modern call of dutys but no where near as good as the likes of cod4 and waw.
It's a shame with this new back compat they won't bring back cod4 etc

There's hope as Black Ops 1 is coming. Don't rule it out yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom