Complete list of 4K UHD retailers

Best Buy is a retailer of UHD blu-rays, but it's kind of like the biggest box store, there might be one guy in the whole store who knows anything about movies or the gear.

Yesterday I bought Blade UHD from them, because:
A - I had a coupon for $5 USD off
B - I buy from brick & mortar stores when I can, because our postal system is already overworked

The idiots stuck the pickup tag right onto the front of the disc packaging, which is NOT in cellophane, so when I was removing it bits of the front cover came off. I was a little angry about it, but under the paint is silver, so it doesn't look too bad.

Hi all. Can anyone recommend websites in the UK that sell 4k uhd discs which aren't the obvious HMV, Zavvi and Amazon. I just took a gamble on the shining and loved how good it look and the sound quality so looking at purchasing a few more. Especially if people know where I can get the nice steel books.
Thanks

Steelbooks will be mainly through Zavvi with HMV and Amazon stocking some as well as WB store.

I tend to buy alot on ebay or through the European amazon sites and Amazon.com if I want exclusives from other countries.

You also have WOW HD - New Release Cheap CDs, Discount DVDs, Blu-ray, Bargain Games for imports of 4K titles.

You can also try the classifieds on here.

Hi, new to this forum.
Just a quick question
Has anyone experience of ordering disc from planet of entertainment?
Just heard about them today?

The Zavvi U.S. site is a bit of a joke.
If you look under UHD Steelbooks there's only one listed, but they have many.

Dune (1984) UHD steelbook is listed twice, exact same set. One for $41 USD the other for $50.

They also like to claim 'Zavvi Exclusive', but in my experience the item is often not exclusive to Zavvi.

Dune (1984) UHD steelbook is listed twice, exact same set. One for $41 USD the other for $50.

They also like to claim 'Zavvi Exclusive', but in my experience the item is often not exclusive to Zavvi.
That's because they have sold both the UK and US versions of the same steel, hence the dual listings and sets of pricing. I believe the US one was tradewide, so they were able to sell both to US customers via their website.

As for the exclusives, that's not really correct. Zavvi are primarily a UK company and if they call something an exclusive that's generally because they have the exclusivity on that product for the UK market. They do occasionally have US exclusives on their US store, but you'll find most of the stock on there is from the UK.

Whether they should or shouldn't be selling UK versions in the US if another US retailer does has the exclusive there is another topic, but they're still known to do it anyway.

I have an order in with them & I'm dubious about one of the three being Region B, which would not play in my UHD player.
It also stinks that even an expensive order still gets charged shipping fees.

I think the threshold for most retailers is $30 USD.

I have an order in with them & I'm dubious about one of the three being Region B, which would not play in my UHD player.
It also stinks that even an expensive order still gets charged shipping fees.

I think the threshold for most retailers is $30 USD.
Which one is it? I should be able to tell you. The UHD will play (region free), the standard blu-ray may not, depending on the studio/title.

Yeah we even get charged shipping in the UK for zavvi as well, unless you pay for their membership scheme.

how easy is it to return damaged items to amazon japan?

how easy is it to return damaged items to amazon japan?
Easy from the pov that they respond in English and are perfectly accommodating. Less so overall because you have to pay for a fully tracked and insured service to Japan upfront and claim it back from them with your refund later. That was over 60gbp for me a few months back when I returned a single steel btw.

Which one is it?
Oops, it clearly states Region 2 right there:

It hasn't shipped yet, so I guess I should contact them about a substitute.

Oops, it clearly states Region 2 right there:

It hasn't shipped yet, so I guess I should contact them about a substitute.
Nah, ignore that. Both disc's are region free. Universal have been for a very long time now.

Ah OK thanks!
, on a live chat with them & I'm having to explain why I'm confused.
Region 2 is for DVDs

It hasn't shipped yet, but they're willing to ship & return it if it won't work for me.

Ah OK thanks!
, on a live chat with them & their head is far up it, just like Apple!
I genuinely wouldn't bother talking to them on chat about anything. They never have a clue what they're talking about, particularly if you're after product information.

Does Zavvi have brick & mortar stores in the U.K. or Europe?
It occurred to me that their exclusives are probably similar to what our Best Buy does, but in that case I can order, then drive to the store & pick it up in person, which is nice for preventing damage to steelbook being sent by post.

Does Zavvi have brick & mortar stores in the U.K. or Europe?
It occurred to me that their exclusives are probably similar to what our Best Buy does, but in that case I can order, then drive to the store & pick it up in person, which is nice for preventing damage to steelbook being sent by post.
Unsure about Europe, but I'm fairly sure all their UK stores closed down a while back.

May be my last order with Zavvi, unless there's a bigger discount than this most recent one.
They sent me a message that my order had been dispatched, but without any tracking information at all:

1662145649475.png

They're also expecting it to take at least a week to get to me, What?!
I really abhor these shorthand date-formats, for a rational reason.

I think you should include the boutique labels in the list as they also make 4k titles along with their blu’s . Ones I’ve used and can vouch for are

UK-
Arrow
88 films
Eureka

US-
Vinegar Syndrome

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom