Component Speakers 16.5 cm

PhillyG76

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Honda Civic mk8 2009, and will be having a Pioneer sph-250dab fitted at end of month. I felt the sound from the Honda had poor bass, and people say change head unit first and you will notice difference but don’t know how much. Was planning getting some Focal ones but they’re quite expensive and wondering if it’s overkill if the stereo itself improves the sound. So thinking of lowering budget to around £150, does anyone have any recommendations? If there’s some that are a huge amount better for spending maybe an extra £20 then I’ll not refuse spending a bit more. The Hertz range seem good value. But are the cheaper Focal ones any good? Did really like the flax cone ones, and if can be sure it’s worth spending the extra then won’t say no. But would I be happy with more bass spending around the £150 range.? Many thanks for suggestions and advice.

Just a brand isn’t enough to make a choice. You also got to look at compatibility with the amplifier from your new head unit and the frequency range the speakers support.

Naturally if you keep the look stock as in use the same mounting sizes that were in the car there will be a limitation as to how much bass it can produce.

Often providing sound deadening material in the right places can also make a significant difference.

But ultimately nothing improves bass as much as adding a subwoofer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom