Condor (US) S2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Max Irons stars in a new reboot TV series of Condor.

The new AT&T Audience drama Condor is loosely based on James Grady’s novel Six Days of the Condor, which begat the beloved 1975 Robert Redford spy thriller Three Days of the Condor, a movie so determined not to bore its audience that it sliced the time frame of its source material in half.

The idea of expanding the novel’s story so that it becomes fodder for an ongoing series would seem like a step in the wrong direction, but showrunners Jason Smilovic and Todd Katzberg make it work by getting the tone right. Although there are some borderline James Bond-ian scenarios designed to make you appreciate that the entire world could be in danger, the action and conversation are photographed to make them seem as if they could actually happen.

Max Irons plays Joe Turner, a talented young CIA analyst who stumbles onto a plot that has something to do with a deadly biological agent.

Condor Reboots a Beloved ’70s Thriller, But With Fewer Thrills

IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited:
Difficult to track down.

They did a great alt version in Winter Soldier, and a modern take in Rubicon. I don’t know why they cancelled that in favour of fluff like this.

Last edited:
They did a great alt version in Winter Soldier, and a modern take in Rubicon. I don’t know why they cancelled that in favour of fluff like this.
I thought it was a remake of the 80's classic film Condorman for a moment.
12_.jpg

I thought it was a remake of the 80's classic film Condorman for a moment.
View attachment 1026599

I'm sure I loved that as a kid but, then again, I'm sure I only watched it for the truck-turned-racing car chase sequence. And, when I grew up, I resented their wanton destruction of Porsche 911s and uber-rare 930 flatnoses. They were even more rare after this production.

I'm sure I loved that as a kid but, then again, I'm sure I only watched it for the truck-turned-racing car chase sequence. And, when I grew up, I resented their wanton destruction of Porsche 911s and uber-rare 930 flatnoses. They were even more rare after this production.
I saw it at the cinema and was most impressed with the chase sequences and hi-tech nature of it all! And, not an um Betty in sight.
Seeing the 911's exploding from the front first (hold/boot) and not rear engine makes for a laugh now at least.

Watched the first two episodes. If you are a fan of spooks etc, this should be on your list. It is pretty good.

Three Days Of The Condor is available on Sky Cinema Collection btw.

Watched the first two episodes. If you are a fan of spooks etc, this should be on your list. It is pretty good.

Episodes 1-3

Enjoyable global thriller, shit hits the fan pretty quick. I've not yet seen the Redford movie, or never finished it in the past, Max Irons plays his namesake Joe not Joseph in this updated version.
Brendan Frashier is not far off becoming a slimy psycho, I hope they go there

Episodes 1-3

Enjoyable global thriller, sh*t hits the fan pretty quick. I've not yet seen the Redford movie, or never finished it in the past, Max Irons plays his namesake Joe not Joseph in this updated version.
Brendan Frashier is not far off becoming a slimy psycho, I hope they go there
Fraser looks a bit different from his Mummy days - like he's been on a TV dinner, donut and beer bender for a few years.:D

I came in late to the series but managed to get into it and found on the dark side, and was sorry when it ended.

Fraser looks a bit different from his Mummy days - like he's been on a TV dinner, donut and beer bender for a few years.:D

He's been through the mill if you read up on him...

I've really enjoyed this series so far - the film is far far better though (it has Von Sydow as a great assassin).

Ep4: Trapped in History

Ok epidode, still housebound, Joe recalls his recruitment history. Though by the end it looks like he might be able to leave.

William Hurt's Bob is sweating a little :D

Last edited:
William Hurt is the best thing n this, oh, and his scenes with (still sexy) prickly Sorvino.
I guess if Joe had kinetic training he'd of noticed the pepper spray next to the Vit's. Tsk!
They need to go on about the lack of kinetic training a bit more being the reason for people getting whacked and then pass over it when they've had it but been brought down by the nefarious coffee cup!
How did Gabrielle get the nerd dancing up on that rope..?!

Yeah, it feels odd to not have more bottom scenes of his desperate none girlfriend.

Ep5: From Innocence

Enjoyed that, Joe's not in a good place.
Black site ?

Mass pilgrims' death on the cards?

Ep5: From Innocence

Enjoyed that, Joe's not in a good place.
Black site ?

Mass pilgrims' death on the cards?
One minute it's bad business to blame to make money but this looks more like it's creating a confused Holy War on all fronts.
How was it that uncle from UNCLE didn't get any action from the sexy nympho killer? Now that's what I call bad luck.

Ep 6 wasn't so great. There is a reveal but if you hadn't guessed it already, I'd be surprised. The writing is starting to feel overstretched and the focus on hunky wooden Max Irons and sexy nympho unconvincing killer isn't helping...

i enjoyed ep6, then bedroom standoff was good.

All the back story stuff is draining. Get on with the story. All this revisionist emphasis. Tsk.
The bedroom scene was a drawn out lesson in how dumb the agent was. When he put his gun away, I was in sheer disbelief. And Max Irons lame I'm sorry of the week is like a crying vampire. Oh please Senior Dingaling.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom