Connecting 'old' wireless mouse and keyboard

ennnceee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just changed desktop and was/am hoping to use the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse that was such an excellent servant with the old setup. I have only tried it once, but it does seem as though it won't connect. I've had to use a USB adapter as you can see in the photos, but that shouldn't make any difference, should it? My simple mind wonders whether it matters where the two USBs are placed.

The new setup is:

Dell Quad Core Desktop SFF PC Computer Bundle Windows 10, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD

Thanks.

Attachments

• P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 262
If you have a model number for that it might help. My guess is that it needs drivers which W10 might not have.

That sort of adaptor only changes the plug, it requires the device itself to support USB and communicate over that protocol when plugged into a USB port.

The round port is called PS/2.

Looking at the FAQ in techquest's link above it appears that you only need the one USB plug for both, the PS/2 plug is only if you're using a PS/2 plug changer on the USB port (as there are seperate PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse).

Keyboard and mice will generally use the generic windows driver quite happily so you shouldn't need the setpoint software for normal functionality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom