Lorchan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise regarding connecting my Cyrus One Amp to my BK P12-300 subwoofer via high-level lead?

I have the stereo amp connected to my AVR via pre-outs, I believe sub can be connected to both sources?. When using the AVR with the stereo amp in AV bypass mode will the sub be powered by AVR or Stereo Amp?

On the sub's manual, it states for a class D amplifier refer to the amp's manufacturer for connection information. On the Cyrus website, it states to refer to the subs preference :confused:

I have a BK Neutrik Speakon high lead, not sure how the red, yellow and black wires connect?

I believe there is a separate volume control for the high level on the Sub, does this need set once? Will the volume control on the amp also control sub volume?

Many thanks

I wouldnt use high level inputs on sub because of complex load without serious research.

Try pre outs on Cyrus to sub for 2.1
I personally don't like using a sub for stereo.

2.1 from avr can usually be obtained in certain settings with all but left right and sub switched off.

Class-D-Receiver-High-Level-Connection-01-e1532380707640.jpg

I have done exactly that. Have my REL sub connected to my sound bar via Sub LFE and my HiFi via Neutrik.
It works really well and I am very pleased with it.
Just make sure you take the time to adjust at what level you sub kicks in with the HiFi.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom