Connection problem magic eye to new smart tv

TonyCaerphilly

Novice Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I upgraded to a new sky box and thanks to this forum I managed to get my bedroom tv to connect via the magic eye (the previous box had different fittings rf out) so after buying an io link and an amplifier I've had 12 months of being able to use the bedroom to again to watch sky tv.

However my wife wanted a new larger bedroom tv, Ive bought an LG smart Tv, at the back of the new tv there are two input sockets one for aeriel input and one for satelite tv input, if I plug the magic eye into the aeriel socket (as I did with the last tv which worked fine that way) the new tv finds no channels, no sky tv etc, I think I should be plugging the magic eye into the satelite socket input on the back of the new tv, however my magic eye has an aeriel type fitting on the end (the type you just push in) the new tv satellite input needs a fitting that screws in, is there anything I can do? I'm starting to think the new tv which is a smart tv may have been a mistake for a second tv in the bedroom.

Any help would be great fully appreciated.

Plug the extension into the push-in aerial socket, and then tune the TV'S analogue tuner to the channel that the Sky machine is outputting which is usually 68 but may have been changed.

Last edited:
The OP needs to make sure the TV is looking for analogue channels (not digital). Connecting to the satellite input will not work. The TV manual should tell how to switch between digital and analogue.

Thank you guys, your like the gods of TV, all done. The auto tuner was only looking for digital channels or satelite input. I managed to get it to analogue tune and hey presto sky channel there. Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Thanks guys.

You're welcome.:clap:

As you have a satellite input on your new TV why not run a feed from your dish to it? Then you will be able to watch fta channels irrespective to what is on the sky box.

I have had the same problem today when trying to connect a new Smart TV to a Sky Eye. I found the analogue channel 68 and got a picture, with the Sky remote being responsive with the Sky Eye, but no sound. I have checked that the sound does work on the new TV by using different input (it does work) and tried the new TV in a different Sky Eye - same problem. It is absolutely the new TV and not the Sky Eye that is the problem.

Can anyone suggest a fix to get the audio too? Not sure if Argos is going to refund me for this reason :(

Can anyone suggest a fix to get the audio too? Not sure if Argos is going to refund me for this reason :(

Please provide the brand and full model no of the TV.
You'll find it printed on a label on the back.
Almost certainly a tuning/setup issue on the TV's analogue tuner.

Please provide the brand and full model no of the TV.
You'll find it printed on a label on the back.
Almost certainly a tuning/setup issue on the TV's analogue tuner.

Indeed. Check that it is system I or 6MHz, not BG or DK 5.5MHz or 6.5MHz.

It's a Bush Bush 24 Inch Smart HD Ready TV / DVD Combi.

Code on back is ELED24HDSDVDW.

Under the installation menu select analogue manual tuning and as Winston2010 states look for and store “Pal i”

So, for the possible benefit of others, what exactly was wrong that caused the no sound problem.

I have a bush 22"smart tv model number eled22fhds
I can get sky tv through my magic eye but no sound ,
can anyone help please

So, for the possible benefit of others, what exactly was wrong that caused the no sound problem.

PAL I as used in the UK uses a different frequency for the sound carrier compared to most of Europe,

I have a bush 22"smart tv model number eled22fhds
I can get sky tv through my magic eye but no sound ,
can anyone help please

In setup look for a UK setting or a option to change the PAL option. The UK uses PAL I.

In setup look for a UK setting or a option to change the PAL option. The UK uses PAL I.

Manual here

22"smart tv model number eled22fhds

In the sound menu make sure the digital audio out is set to PCM.

In the Sky box settings set Audio to Stereo rather than surround.

HI I have JVC 39" LED Smart HD TV LT-39c790. Connected via magic eye obtain picture but no sound. My old LG TV was working fine and the Samsung tv downstairs is working fine. The jvc is brand new.

Have used analogue tuning but could find no reference to pal setting also checked sound menu but no mention of pal setting.
Not the best with technology so please keep suggestions simple.
Thanks

Try the “Analogue Fine Tune” option (page 17 of user manual).

HI I have JVC 39" LED Smart HD TV LT-39c790. Connected via magic eye obtain picture but no sound. My old LG TV was working fine and the Samsung tv downstairs is working fine. The jvc is brand new.

Have used analogue tuning but could find no reference to pal setting also checked sound menu but no mention of pal setting.
Not the best with technology so please keep suggestions simple.
Thanks

What kit have you downstairs to send the video and audio to the magic eye as a analogue TV channel ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom