Considering having your TV calibrated? Find a calibrator here

How much time does it take for the average calibration? That can give me an approximate hourly charge. If the average is 2 hours at £260-350, then that would be £130-175 per hour.

It varies from job to job but approximately four hours.

Your calculation isn't taking into account travel costs (and time) for what may be a 400+ mile round trip...

It varies from job to job but approximately four hours.

Your calculation isn't taking into account travel costs (and time) for what may be a 400+ mile round trip...

Exactly. But for me, to do an LG OLED, for instance, I'm talking 4-5 hours job time plus often between 4 and 6 hours driving. Try and get a plumber for less - and he doesn't have £20k worth of equipment that he's had to invest in.

Didn't the Hulk go green because he had too much gamma? :)
Exactly, so turn up in hulk mode colouring and switch back to Bruce Banner when completed to give the customer a visual indication that the jobs done. Although the limited and repeated HULK SMASH conversation while working might be a bit offputting to customers unless you qualify it with "Hulk Smash Bad Out of the Box Calibration" :smashin:

Sorry for going well off topic..

I have a Hyundai iONIQ. range between charges depends on climate and how you drive, just like with an internal combusion engine car. When it was -5 i would drive 90 miles then charge (i'd still have 25-30 miles range left as a buffer) This last week it's gone up to 120 miles with the same level of buffer and when it gets to summer you can add another 10 miles on to that probably. When i first got it i wrote some posts about my travels over on the motoring forum here. I also regularily post about my travels on my personal facebook page an in the Hyundai Ioniq owners UK group on there.

I'm considering getting my Sony A1 calibrated. Any recommendations for the Manchester/Merseyside area?

I bought a 55" LG OLEDB7V and am thinking about getting a professional calibration carried out, I am about 25miles South of Aberdeen.

Anyone have any travel plans bringing them near my area anytime soon?

I’ve numerous recommendations and suggestions for calibrating my soon to be delivered LG OLED 65C8 for day, night, HDR & DV. Can anyone recommend the very best through personal experience? Thanks

I’ve numerous recommendations and suggestions for calibrating my soon to be delivered LG OLED 65C8 for day, night, HDR & DV. Can anyone recommend the very best through personal experience? Thanks
My personal experience on my last 4 devices?
@Gordon @ Convergent AV

We all have our favourites from experience. And there are many good calibrators out there.

Mine is as above for the service, pricing, loyalty discounts, level of expertise and overall a very nice guy :thumbsup:

My personal experience on my last 4 devices?
@Gordon @ Convergent AV

We all have our favourites from experience. And there are many good calibrators out there.

Mine is as above for the service, pricing, loyalty discounts, level of expertise and overall a very nice guy :thumbsup:
Thank you, @dr no I see this purchase as a big step up in my viewing and want the absolute best calibration possible. Appreciate your input.

I don’t think there is a best. We all work to the same set of standards and approaches to how to get there are very similar from calibrator to calibrator. The ones you have to watch out for IMO are those who promise radically better results because they have the ‘golden eye’ or have discovered a special methodology. Avoid these guys. I have no hesitation in recommending the work of the vast majority of my competitors who are also my colleagues. It then comes down to issues of availability and price. Hope that helps.

Cost for some calibrators depends on location.

Which area are you in?

I've got a few questions about professional calibration.

1) Most of my devices actually go in to my Denon A/VR

4K Blu-ray Player
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
PC

Surely every device is different, so how can you calibrate the TV correctly in that scenario?

2) If it was all calibrated and then I upgrade/changed the AVR in future - would it need re-calibration or do they all literally just 'pass-through' the signal purely without additional processing?

Last edited:
Back in the day of analogue video signals you would get large variances in the signals output by sources. Nowadays in the land of digital video you find that, as long as the correct settings are applied in the sources, they will be pretty much identical in output. If there is a problematic devie you could normally just deal with it by using a different preset for it when in use. I would hope that the receiver should not be altering the signal in any way once set up correctly but if it did then you would be correct that a tweak of the calibration would likely be required. I charge a nominal fee for that sort of hting and i suspect other calibrators are the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom