Answered Continuum Season 4 Blu-Ray

Derek S-H

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hello knowledgeable people!

Have just managed to pick up the first three Seasons of Continuum on Blu for the combined princely sum of £20.40!

However, I notice that there is a fourth and final Season out there but it's currently only available on Region A (so far). I do have a Multi Region player, but it is a bit of a faff with button presses and turning off the machine to reboot it and so forth, so I'd much rather get a Region B version.

Anyone have any news or links as to whether this might happen anytime soon?

Thanks!

All the Continuum releases are multi-zone i.e. ABC, just pick up Season 4 from the US as I did.

John

Aha, I didn't know that!

Amazon UK have it listed as Region A (I think) which is why I posted my query.

I shall proceed!

Derek

I’m happy to lend you Season 4 provided that you pay the two sets of postage. Season 4 is something like 13 episodes so the box is smaller than for previous seasons.

It also means that I have to dig it out of the loft and test its zone.

Hopefully this doesn’t count as a classified and attracts a mod’s ire.

John

Hi John

Thank you for your very kind offer but there's no need to lend it to me - I haven't started watching Season 1 yet!

However, if it's not too much trouble, I would be very grateful if you could test its zone as not only would it help me, but any other person who does a Google search on this subject and finds this Thread.

There's absolutely no mention of Regions on my copies, either on the packaging or the discs, and I did an image zoom on the Amazon listing and the packaging layout and information is identical to the previous three Seasons.

Which suggests that you are right: they are all Region Free, but it would be good to have it confirmed.

Thanks!

p.s. Cheeky offer: if it's for sale I'll take it off your hands! £10 including p&p?

p.s. Cheeky offer: if it's for sale I'll take it off your hands! £10 including p&p?
Derek, I’ve dug it out and can confirm that it’s ABC.

As it cost me £2.40 the last time that I sent a disc in the post, I’ll have to decline your offer.

I was wrong when I mentioned the number of episodes, it’ s only 6 in season 4.

John

No problem - just thought I'd ask, especially as it's only six episodes, no point paying full price for that!

At least I know I can play it without all that fiddling about, so thanks, just need to find a copy cheaper now.

About £18 looks to be the cheapest price. Wow don't even list the season 4 Bluray. It's not a bank breaker so I would go for it lest you delay and find it deleted.
There does not seem to be another European option either so if the US version is the one and only way to get season 4 you'll be unlikely to get new copies much cheaper. The chances of finding a UK based seller with used copies seems remote.
Isn't the entire series currently on Netflix or Amazon?

Okay, ordered from Amazon UK via Amazon US for £18.80 something. However, a £15 e-voucher came through so it only cost me £3.80 something, which is fine for only six episodes.

Wandering around online, I found a quote from somewhere saying that Universal had no intention of releasing the Season in Europe, so ordering from the US is the only option.

Just hope I don't get hit with customs charges, shouldn't do as I think the limit is £15 (excluding delivery)?

Thanks for all help with this.

Out of curiosity I went to order it direct from the US Amazon site where it came out at £19.45. I tend to order from them as they make you pay import duties upfront which means you won't get a surprise charge and most importantly you won't need to pay an admin fee. Royal Mail current admin fee is £8 so you'd have to pay that on top of any charges. But the selling price is under the customs limits so the postage charges are ignored and you'll be fine.
If the item ever goes over the customs limit the postage charges are then added to the total and you pay duties on the postage too. Worth remembering

At the moment Netflix has all 4 seasons but Amazon only have seasons 2 and 3.
You'll be pleased to hear the show does have an ending. Whether it will satisfy you is another story

Despite being delivered by Yodel, Season 4 arrived today and can confirm that it is Multi Region.

Only two discs and six episodes, so the £30 asking price on some sites is a bit ludicrous. Amazon UK (via Amazon US) is still the best price currently with no customs charges to pay.

Thanks for everyone's help with this!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom