Question Contrast... Video contrast! I'm confused.

Amity chief

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I picked up a PUS6814 and I'm curious as to the various settings and also if anyone has any settings suggestions for me. I'm not a techy person and I'm slightly confused as to the difference between contrast, video contrast etc. Which is the contrast, where is the back light etc? Should I have video contrast on max?

Yeah it had me over at first too, contrast is actually backlight and video contrast is just contrast.

See I thought it was the other way around. So does back light need to be on 100 for hdr content?

See I thought it was the other way around. So does back light need to be on 100 for hdr content?
It's supposed to be up there I think yeah but I've got that 6 series not the 8 and the hdr implementation is horrific, as such I don't use hdr at all, with the back light so high the image is just flat and grey, night scenes are just useless.

I find the hdr to be quite good. Not brilliant but that reflects in the price. And to be honest I've no idea how to disable hdr.... I find dolby vision content to be excellent

I find the hdr to be quite good. Not brilliant but that reflects in the price. And to be honest I've no idea how to disable hdr.... I find dolby vision content to be excellent
The 6 series only has hdr10, if you want samples of the quality you get with that there are a few threads here with photos, it's comically bad, particularly through Netflix, uhd blu ray isn't so bad but still not great, I'm currently wondering about jumping to the oled 754.

I was thinking the same. Had this about 6 weeks but was thinking about the pled myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom