Control for the Xbox One discussion

I remember it took me a few attempts, think I ended up just taking it very slowly and trying to take out the hiss from distance.

I’ve just managed to do it. Took a few hints from some YouTube videos. I was trying to clear all the enemies...but on the last section they keep spawning. You need to get to the Siphons and activate whilst enemies are in the area...once each is done the Hiss are killed instantly. On to the last mission now...

I forgot I had this game until I saw a big update for it.

I still haven't got round to playing it but I think this will be one of the next games I play (after I finish Crackdown 3 and a few others I'm working through).

Has anyone tried it since the latest update? I heard that in the past it had some framerate issues, was this solved?

I forgot I had this game until I saw a big update for it.

I still haven't got round to playing it but I think this will be one of the next games I play (after I finish Crackdown 3 and a few others I'm working through).

Has anyone tried it since the latest update? I heard that in the past it had some framerate issues, was this solved?

I played and finished it at release and loved every second. I don't remember too many performance issues on the X. I think there were some minor framerate issues later on in the game when it got very intense but not enough to put me off at all. I will admit that I'm not particularly sensitive to such issues as they are probably more detrimental to others playing.

I assume the big patch is to coincide with the new story DLC. I was really looking forward to getting that, then found out it's PS exclusive until June. Boooooo.

Highly recommended though especially if you're a fan of Remedy's previous work. It feels like a blend of their previous games rolled into one.

I played and finished it at release and loved every second. I don't remember too many performance issues on the X. I think there were some minor framerate issues later on in the game when it got very intense but not enough to put me off at all. I will admit that I'm not particularly sensitive to such issues as they are probably more detrimental to others playing.

I assume the big patch is to coincide with the new story DLC. I was really looking forward to getting that, then found out it's PS exclusive until June. Boooooo.

Highly recommended though especially if you're a fan of Remedy's previous work. It feels like a blend of their previous games rolled into one.

Thanks. Think I'll give it a go.

Yeah I think the performance issues were largely rectified in a couple of patches shortly after launch. DF did a few videos on it. Still isolated bits of slowdown when there's loads going on but not enough to ruin the experience. Base consoles suffer more than the enhanced as may you expect.

It's an excellent game - I finished it a few weeks ago. Still a few side missions to go after which perhaps will return to at some stage.

You can easily see why it was awarded a number of GOTY nominations and wins last year.

The main issue/bug I had with the game was the map not loading at times.
Considering how much you rely on the map, it was a huge pain.
Actually, there was another bug that was patched and that was to do with weapon upgrades not appearing.
It actually broke he game for me as I couldn’t progress due to difficulty because I couldn’t upgrade certain weapons.

I’m going to wait for a sale and pick this up and keep for the series x as hopefully it will get an update and if not at least it will run more stable.

The main issue/bug I had with the game was the map not loading at times.
Considering how much you rely on the map, it was a huge pain.
Actually, there was another bug that was patched and that was to do with weapon upgrades not appearing.
It actually broke he game for me as I couldn’t progress due to difficulty because I couldn’t upgrade certain weapons.
When I last played the game I had finished everything and upgraded everything with level 5 mods. I clicked continue to play the DLC and all my fitted weapon mods have vanished and so had my character's personal mods, when I tried to refit the weapon mods I had only 3 level 5's.

I ain't happy.

I completed the Foundation DLC earlier today, it's more of the same and nothing special. One of the missions was really good and one was terrible and in between there was a lot of walking around not doing much.

I’ll wait until both DLCs are out and there’s a price drop.
I’ve got enough to play at the moment, and I want to go back to the base game at some point for the end game boss.

been playing this on gamepass I should like it love remedys other games alan wake and quantum break but this is beyond annoying. It needs quest icons telling you where to go the map is pretty useless most of the time i dont know where to go, how to get there, or what to do when i do finally manage to stumble across the right place. and the combat fine i guess till you get one shoted by somthing god knows what it was then you have to trapse your way back to where you were

very overrated game

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom