Control for the Xbox One discussion

On the trailer above...it says '505 Games' presents...am I right in thinking this was the internal Remedy team that were put together to work on experimental triple A experiences? I'm sure I read something about this a couple of years ago.

EDIT: turns out 505 are the publisher. What I was thinking of is called 'Vanguard' - https://www.remedygames.com/vanguard/

Either way, looking forward to this. Really liked QB and have yet to play a bad Remedy game.

Saw this for sale in Tesco on Saturday so assumed it had been out for awhile but couldn’t find any reviews online, surprised to find out it’s not actually released until tomorrow which explains that.

Last edited:
Good old Tesco!
They used to do that kind of thing fairly regularly years ago, in the Xbox360 heyday.

Good old Tesco!
They used to do that kind of thing fairly regularly years ago, in the Xbox360 heyday.

After watching a few more videos I am quite intrigued by the game, tempted to pop down and buy it.

Apparently my copy from Amazon is out for delivery now. So it’ll probably arrive by the time I get home from work.
I still need to finish Metro Exodus first, though.

After a fun morning on Wreckfest I am just about to spend an afternoon with this. Got my cuppa and custard creams ready to go.

Looking forward to this tonight, also enjoyed Wreckfest last night so torn. Might do an hour of wrecking then dive into this. Always enjoy Remedy's work, the little bits I've watched have looked great.

Damn work getting in the way.

Gone are the days of buying games on release day for me.
Will pick this up when it hits the sales which shouldn't be too long as its SP only.

Can't wait to grab it though, looks like a great follow on from QB.

I'm just over 3hrs into this and have enjoyed it so far, it's quite creepy which I didn't expect. The enemies are pretty tactical and seem to be working together to flank you or force you into the open.

My copy turned up from Amazon, and it came with a free soundtrack CD which I wasn't expecting.
I'm seriously going to have to get on and finish Metro Exodus first.
I can't stand leaving games half played.

This is a bit good, had to pull myself off last night after a couple of hours. Helped by the story being right up my street, particularly if you enjoy Remedy style.

It's taken me by surprise as it wasn't quite what I expected. The presentation is great.

Control on console is brilliant - as long as you play on the right hardware

Overall, I do think Control is worth checking out - especially so if you're on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X - as it's absolutely fascinating from a design perspective. I'm not just talking abot the visuals as such (though they are unique in many ways) but more in how the game doesn't hold your hand. Yes, you're given objectives to achieve, but there's no on-screen pointer telling you where to go. It's down to you to survey the environment and generally be more observant than you need to be in the usual triple-A title. It's the way games used to be, and the way I like them. Combine that with the state-of-the-art visuals and the brilliant combat and Control simply has to be played - but it's PC or the enhanced consoles that play the game best. Right now, the base PS4 and Xbox One versions do need work in getting them into shape.

I started this Friday and so far it’s really good.
My only complaint is that the map doesn’t show a lot of the time. Which makes getting around more difficult than it should be.
Anyone else experienced this?

I started this Friday and so far it’s really good.
My only complaint is that the map doesn’t show a lot of the time. Which makes getting around more difficult than it should be.
Anyone else experienced this?
On the Playstation you press up on the d-pad to show the map.

On the Playstation you press up on the d-pad to show the map.

I know how to bring up the map, it just doesn’t appear most of the time, which makes navigating a pain.
Looking online and it seems it’s a widespread issue, and I’m lucky I’m playing on an X, as it seems the game is almost unplayable on base models.

I know how to bring up the map, it just doesn’t appear most of the time, which makes navigating a pain.
Looking online and it seems it’s a widespread issue, and I’m lucky I’m playing on an X, as it seems the game is almost unplayable on base models.
I don't know why but my brian cell said 'he only sees the map at the fast travel points' when I read your post. :facepalm:

I personally haven't had this issue on my game but even with the map available the navigating can sometimes be head scratching.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom