Creed III / Rocky IX (Now On Prime)

Perfect 'Trilogy' Capper Or A 'Rocky' Film Too Far?

• Total voters
Interesting move. Gives him a lot more say over the character anyway.

Remains though wholly unnecessary. The second one wasn't great, but it concluded the story for me.

Interesting move. Gives him a lot more say over the character anyway.

Remains though wholly unnecessary. The second one wasn't great, but it concluded the story for me.
Yes, it did conclude things in a nice way, but I had such a good time with part 2. One of those films to give the rare buzz leaving the screening where I wished every cinema trip could be like that. The meet between Rocky and Drago in the restaurant literally gave me goosebumps! Agree that I'm not sure where things can go from here, but then I thought that after Rocky II...:D

Talk about flogging a dead horse. Rocky IV was the last for me 😆

And Stallone absolutely has to come back. Even if it's in a minor capacity.

im all for letting the Rocky character die off and letting Creed take on a new protege, maybe rocky's unknown grandson or something like that... history repeating itself and so on...

Last edited:
Fair enough he's not the central driving force, hence why the prequel tv show talk?
Doesn't look like he will be producing creed 3 either
I do find it a little odd, and it's dulled my previous enthusiasm for the project somewhat. Dress things up how you like, it's still Rocky IX . On the back of a lot of critical praise for his performance in the first Creed in particular, it's a shame he won't be back to round things out for his character. I'll settle for a small cameo, but it feels a little cheap to potentially kill him off between movies...

I do find it a little odd, and it's dulled my previous enthusiasm for the project somewhat. Dress things up how you like, it's still Rocky IX . On the back of a lot of critical praise for his performance in the first Creed in particular, it's a shame he won't be back to round things out for his character. I'll settle for a small cameo, but it feels a little cheap to potentially kill him off between movies...
Creed is young Creed's story, dude! Balboa provides some legacy and connection to those films, but Creed was not Rocky VI; if you think that you cannot have actually watched the film.

They did a really interesting thing, creating something new and connecting it to something old. It was also about a Black American man going through some of the same issues the Italian American guy had lived through in earlier decades. There is no need for Rocky to be in it anymore, crying over Adrian and skulking around gravestones, no need at all.

Creed is young Creed's story, dude! Balboa provides some legacy and connection to those films, but Creed was not Rocky VI; if you think that you cannot have actually watched the film.

They did a really interesting thing, creating something new and connecting it to something old. It was also about a Black American man going through some of the same issues the Italian American guy had lived through in earlier decades. There is no need for Rocky to be in it anymore, crying over Adrian and skulking around gravestones, no need at all.
Yes, it's primarily Creed's story now, but with what Stallone did with his cancer storyline for the first, and more so bringing the Dragos back, it was still very much his show to a point. After giving him such a big role in both Creed spin offs, it's a little sad to him just not appear, never mind the fact Stallone has delivered some of his very best work here.

Yes, it's primarily Creed's story now, but with what Stallone did with his cancer storyline for the first, and more so bringing the Dragos back, it was still very much his show to a point. After giving him such a big role in both Creed spin offs, it's a little sad to him just not appear, never mind the fact Stallone has delivered some of his very best work here.
Yeah, I don't mean to be morbid but Rocky's story is kind of done now, you'd expect to see a funeral for Balboa in the new movie, no one wants to see him in a nursing home or in hospital again.

one of the biggest characters to ever grace the screen since movies were a thing.... it would be a crime if they kill him off, off screen, between movies... That said im not sure him not being in this one means the character is dead but also given the balboa/creed connection from the very start it is gonna be odd with him not being in it.

one of the biggest characters to ever grace the screen since movies were a thing.... it would be a crime if they kill him off, off screen, between movies... That said im not sure him not being in this one means the character is dead but also given the balboa/creed connection from the very start it is gonna be odd with him not being in it.
I'd not be bothered in the slightest, the character has had so many movies already.

More concerned they have a good story for Creed 3, because the template has been done a lot and finding a new angle in 2021/22 will be a challenge.

I really liked the first Creed, thought it was fresh, different and had a new story to tell, even with the use of the Evertonian bellend, Bellew!

I'd not be bothered in the slightest, the character has had so many movies already.

More concerned they have a good story for Creed 3, because the template has been done a lot and finding a new angle in 2021/22 will be a challenge.

I really liked the first Creed, thought it was fresh, different and had a new story to tell, even with the use of the Evertonian bellend, Bellew!

yeah i liked Creed despite Below being a bit crap and the story line of "1 more fight before prison" was a bit rolleyes as well but mostly a solid movie.

I rewatched Rocky 5 last night. I had forgotten boxer-actor Tommy Morrison had died in 2013, from AIDS 😔

It’s not a terrible film, very well acted with Talia Shire leading the way with her excellent performances
That's weird, as I've just found myself watching one of those Top Of The Pops : 1991 episodes that BBC4 like so much, and it played the video for the official song 'Go For It'. Bloody dreadful track, and should be consigned to the 90's...

I rewatched Rocky 5 last night. I had forgotten boxer-actor Tommy Morrison had died in 2013, from AIDS 😔

It’s not a terrible film, very well acted with Talia Shire leading the way with her excellent performances

i quite like how Rocky, who's been a professional boxer for years and years at this point, still has weird street moves :D

...and how can anyone not get excited at Mickey saying "1 more round cos mickey loves ya".... that would literally raise me from the dead.

but yeah overall the weakest rocky movie inc the creed films

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom