Critique my breakfast thread

The photo doesn’t do it justice. It was a very good breakfast. Côte Brasserie. The sausage was lovely, beautiful mushrooms. Two perfect poached eggs, amazing sweet tomato, Bacon could’ve been crispier. All top ingredients. Oh yes, two slices of bread of your choice, also jams. Came with a cloudy apple juice or orange and a hot drink (including latte etc) The best bit- special offer of £10.90 all in

Service was exceptional.

871F1BAC-1821-4DE4-B271-349DD57AC89C.jpeg

The photo doesn’t do it justice. It was a very good breakfast. Côte Brasserie. The sausage was lovely, beautiful mushrooms. Two perfect poached eggs, amazing sweet tomato, Bacon could’ve been crispier. All top ingredients. Oh yes, two slices of bread of your choice, also jams. Came with a cloudy apple juice or orange and a hot drink (including latte etc) The best bit- special offer of £10.90 all in

Service was exceptional.

View attachment 1232770

A well done poached egg is a beautiful thing, on quality brown toast with French butter and it could turn me full-on vegetarian

I agree, wonderful way to eat eggs. Like velvet.

I agree, wonderful way to eat eggs. Like velvet.
Just need to understand the secret for cooking them this way at home. Have you tried the silicone type moulds?

I don’t do them at home to be honest, as I just can’t manage it well enough. generally I do fried. In butter, the Gary Rhodes way.

We have the silicone moulds, whilst good, nice runny yolk etc. they're not restaurant quality. The marks on those whites make me think the egg was dropped into a pan inside cling film, cooked and then released.

Hmmmmm, interesting. I’ll have to have a go at this poacher egg malarkey.

I’ve tried the scrambled eggs cooked three ways. Next will be coddled eggs.

Yes it does look like a pavement pizza! 😂

Not a good thread to read 30 hours into a 48 hour fast. I wasn't feeling hungry at all before. I will be eating some eggs and bacon come 3pm tomorrow.

Crispy skin haddock, toasted tiger stick, egg finished in same pan a little ghee, little Maldon smoked seasalt with mustard and dill.

20191218_073209.jpg

Decided to try making poached eggs for the first time. Surprisingly quick and simple and came out with an almost perfect yolk with no snot.

4FE2371D-1A93-4E01-B043-2AC213884DF0.jpeg

Yeah nobody likes a snotty egg

Griddle done chorizo and sweet cure bacon with rich yoke eggs on brioch lightly done in the pan with the bacon and chorizo.

20200105_104532.jpg

Brioche again this morning with large mushroom, duck and hen eggs, dry cure bacon and chorizo.

Quick, easy and tasty for us.

20200118_120424.jpg

20200118_120429.jpg

MORE BRIOCHE 😀😁

20200128_082114.jpg

Dry cure bacon, black pudding, chorizo & rich yoke eggs done in chilli oil and hot banana ketchup added because I likes it.

Last edited:
Well would you believe it 😆

Late one due to prepping a batch stir fry making later today.

Brioche, blue eggs, cured smoked bacon with black pudding.

20200209_121753.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom