Quantcast

Critique my Steak Thread.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Speaking of steaks. Which sauces do people like with theirs? I’m not talking about Pepper/Béarnaise sauce covering the steak, more of a side sauce.

Got to be English for me. Some steaks don’t need it but it’s nice to have it there to give the meat a little wipe before it’s popped into your mouth.
None for me. Just a sprinkle of sea salt is all a steak needs IMHO.

crashcris

Speaking of steaks. Which sauces do people like with theirs? I’m not talking about Pepper/Béarnaise sauce covering the steak, more of a side sauce.

Got to be English for me. Some steaks don’t need it but it’s nice to have it there to give the meat a little wipe before it’s popped into your mouth.
I make a mean mayonnaise, which quite frankly enhances everything, so for me it's steak, chips, English mustard and mayonnaise. Get all that on one fork and it's flavour sensation's overload.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
If out and not fancying the sauces I would go for English mustard or if at home and with the one above - some hot banana ketchup.

As with @hyperfish sea and steak are made for each other.

And with @crashcris I really enjoy mayo with steak or steak burger when having them in France :)

Top Bottom