Critique my Steak Thread.

Speaking of steaks. Which sauces do people like with theirs? I’m not talking about Pepper/Béarnaise sauce covering the steak, more of a side sauce.

Got to be English for me. Some steaks don’t need it but it’s nice to have it there to give the meat a little wipe before it’s popped into your mouth.
None for me. Just a sprinkle of sea salt is all a steak needs IMHO.

Speaking of steaks. Which sauces do people like with theirs? I’m not talking about Pepper/Béarnaise sauce covering the steak, more of a side sauce.

Got to be English for me. Some steaks don’t need it but it’s nice to have it there to give the meat a little wipe before it’s popped into your mouth.
I make a mean mayonnaise, which quite frankly enhances everything, so for me it's steak, chips, English mustard and mayonnaise. Get all that on one fork and it's flavour sensation's overload.

If out and not fancying the sauces I would go for English mustard or if at home and with the one above - some hot banana ketchup.

As with @hyperfish sea and steak are made for each other.

And with @crashcris I really enjoy mayo with steak or steak burger when having them in France :)

Didn't' know this thread existed.

21 dry aged aberdeen agus ribeye

Done on a super heated cast iron skillet with a SPG blend

Attachments

• 20201013_180716.jpg
    20201013_180716.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20201013_194602.jpg
    20201013_194602.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20201013_194421.jpg
    20201013_194421.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 120
Nice marbling :)

Awesome, do they do online?

Edit: found them :)

@aVdub religion aside, these people are dreadful. I ordered two rump steaks, which were adequate. 3kgs of mixed lamb cuts and 500g neck. In 3kgs of lamb cuts I could not find a single piece of meat I could identify as a cut of lamb. I cooked the whole lot down to pick the meat off the bits of bone and threw most of it in the bin. The neck was slightly better but still lots of tiny bits of bone in it.

@aVdub religion aside, these people are dreadful. I ordered two rump steaks, which were adequate. 3kgs of mixed lamb cuts and 500g neck. In 3kgs of lamb cuts I could not find a single piece of meat I could identify as a cut of lamb. I cooked the whole lot down to pick the meat off the bits of bone and threw most of it in the bin. The neck was slightly better but still lots of tiny bits of bone in it.

Got to say the images I see on their advert and the sales pitch looked really good and I would have ordered on that alone, if as I said was different in my deleted honest post.

Is there a chance to feedback to them and receive a refund/replacement?

I might have a go at that. Thanks.

T&C's you can't complain unless you keep the product as delivered :facepalm:

So I left a review:

I ordered 3 of these and received 3kgs of sweepings off the factory floor. Not one single piece was identifiable as a cut of meat. Not even even suitable for pet food as too many bone shards.

Last edited:
T&C's you can't complain unless you keep the product as delivered :facepalm:

So I left a review:

I ordered 3 of these and received 3kgs of sweepings off the factory floor. Not one single piece was identifiable as a cut of meat. Not even even suitable for pet food as too many bone shards.
I feel that if an animal heading for the dinner table was treated with a different method of slaughter then it would taste better...but obviously you never got to...:offtopic: or wanted to taste your meat

Tonight’s sacrifice, even 2020 can’t fudge this up for us!
DAB1050B-116D-4A85-99BE-5AB89606598C.jpeg

So that's your starter and main sorted... :devil:

Tonight’s sacrifice, even 2020 can’t fudge this up for us! View attachment 1432714
looks good we have just enjoyed a couple of rather large Rib-Eye Steaks and Stir-fry Veggies used loads of butter, but still think its healthier than the various spreads with all those magic potions in....
We have Lidl's here and was surprised how good the steaks were as we normally get them from Taunton....French Meat can be strange at times....

i can never cook steak decently for some reason, and I often have it when eating out...

tho, I've had some ropey ones in restaurants too!

i can never cook steak decently for some reason, and I often have it when eating out...

tho, I've had some ropey ones in restaurants too!
Simple rules, get a good cast iron pan. Good, aged beef from a butcher and then season the meat not the pan with oil and fresh ground pepper and salt.

Let it rest, then devour.
72EE7282-9868-48E0-BA92-E999BED67DDD.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom