Cummings should be goings

The Govenator describes new eye test and terminates his sky contract.

Govester is funny and doesnt realise it, a night at the edinburgh fringe in the future maybe?

Glad to see the BBC potted Emily Maitlis from Newsnight over her unprofessional behaviour.
It might start being watchable again 😏

Glad to see the BBC potted Emily Maitlis from Newsnight over her unprofessional behaviour.

I’ve watched her opening statement and am not sure what’s unprofessional about it? She seemed to repeat the facts presented, and highlight the thoughts of many people.

Have the BBC publicly reprimanded her? I haven’t seen anything about that.

I’ve watched her opening statement and am not sure what’s unprofessional about it? She seemed to repeat the facts presented, and highlight the thoughts of many people.

Have the BBC publicly reprimanded her? I haven’t seen anything about that.

Maybe when watching it you need the dom Cummings eye test to work out if she was reprimanded or not. 🤣

I’ve just seen that the BBC issued a statement about maintaining impartiality, and that they should have clarified that Maitliss’ statement was a precursor to the questions they would be asking.

“The statement added: "We've reviewed the entirety of last night's Newsnight, including the opening section, and while we believe the programme contained fair, reasonable and rigorous journalism, we feel that we should have done more to make clear the introduction was a summary of the questions we would examine, with all the accompanying evidence, in the rest of the programme.

"As it was, we believe the introduction we broadcast did not meet our standards of due impartiality."

According to her Twitter, she asked for the night off (obviously at short notice, so probably in response to the statement), and hasn’t been sacked etc.

Did Cummings give her some advice how to respond 🤔

“I’m sorry, I need the night off as my eyes are playing up so I’m going to take a drive to Barnard Castle to check them out?”

“I’m sorry, I need the night off as my eyes are playing up so I’m going to take a drive to Barnard Castle to check them out?”
Haha yeah could be, I mean there are so many double standards flying about here, you can't rule anything out. 😅

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom