Cummings Statement

Haven't Durham Police clear him of breaking any lock down rules?

The way the media have hunted him and his family down is a disgrace.

Personally I'd do what ever it took me to make sure any member of my family was safe.

We've seen over the last couple of days that his home has become a bear-pit with the journos (who should absolutely be reprimanded for their lack of social distancing), but surely this wasn't happening back in March when they made the journey? Or did i misunderstand that part of his explanation?

As I was listening to the tale unfold, I have to say, it reminded me of one of my kids' "What I did In the holidays" essays they had to do when they were about 11.

They've been camped out after him since he helped Boris win the election. If press can't find anything they will create the situation by stalking, bribery, wire taps, chase you until you crash and die.

They know opposition will back them like baying wolves to get rid of Cummings (and ideally Boris). Especially the SNP gobshite & pointless Lib Dem leader.

Press freedom has gone too far in my view when it because harassment, stalking, invasion of privacy.

The media are a disgrace but they were safe at their London home, no question about that.

The media are a disgrace but they were safe at their London home, no question about that.

So wife too ill to look after 4yo then if Dom gets too ill who can do their shopping and look after their kid? I've took food to family & friends during this lockdown due to either "at risk" or symptomatic and all local (within 10 mile). His family are in Durham so that's his support network. Simple decision he made, be with your family.

Without being responsible for infecting 100's more of course :smashin: Sensible actions.

He was sensible, as he said clearly in court earlier. :facepalm:..... what happened to the 3 labour members who went to , 2nd home, and another to a funeral wih 100 plus others and lastly , I'll just pop of to my Dad's Birthday party. No media witch hunt.......I wonder why?

Personally if you don't think the media have an agenda the way they've acted , I think you need to give your head a wobble. Or is that how you'd expect the UK media to hunt down someone carrying a 4 year old?

He was sensible, as he said clearly in court earlier. :facepalm:..... what happened to the 3 labour members who went to , 2nd home, and another to a funeral wih 100 plus others and lastly , I'll just pop of to my Dad's Birthday party. No media witch hunt.......I wonder why?

Personally if you don't think the media have an agenda the way they've acted , I think you need to give your head a wobble. Or is that how you'd expect the UK media to hunt down someone carrying a 4 year old?

I'm referring to you not him! You should have realised by now from my postings that I support his decision.

You said "Personally I'd do what ever it took me to make sure any member of my family was safe "

I said: Without being responsible for infecting 100's more of course unless life/death :smashin: Sensible actions.

So wife too ill to look after 4yo then if Dom gets too ill who can do their shopping and look after their kid? I've took food to family & friends during this lockdown due to either "at risk" or symptomatic and all local (within 10 mile). His family are in Durham so that's his support network. Simple decision he made, be with your family.

You really think, a man with his connections would have no other support availble to him at London? :D

You really think, a man with his connections would have no other support availble to him at London? :D

Of MP's and civil servants! He's a weirdo nerd type. His family are the safest bet. I wouldn't have trusted many of my friends with my kids! Mum, sister . . yes.

If my wife were ill and my kid needed care while I was trying to continue with a critical job mine would be off to my Mum's too.

In times of trouble//unknown you seek your family out more than ever (well I do anyway). I've spent last 6 week shopping for Mother, Mother-in-Law & uncle and likely will for weeks to come yet.

Of MP's and civil servants! He's a weirdo nerd type. His family are the safest bet. I wouldn't have trusted many of my friends with my kids! Mum, sister . . yes.

If both him and wife would have required hospitalization, his kids would have been taken care of by the authorities. His parents wouldn't have been put at risk then either.

If both him and wife would have required hospitalization, his kids would have been taken care of by the authorities. His parents wouldn't have been put at risk then either.

authorities or . . . . . . Mum&Dad or sister hmmmmmm hard choice that one :rolleyes:

Your having a laugh.

He already said his 20 something sister had agreed to help so not putting elderly mum & dad at risk. They have a farm, mum & dad in one house, Sister in a separate house and a small cottage thing for them to stay at. All very sensible and worked out to risk no one, be a burden on no one and keep 4yo safe with trusted family as needed at least half a mile from nearest neighbour. All very logical.

Last edited:
You're having a laugh falling for his story. His parents are in their 70s, covid could have killed them.

come on, as if they didn't have any other options in London to fall back on, what about his wife's family in London?

He kept a safe distance from his parents. Wouldn’t you? He wouldn’t want to infect them, obviously.

I wouldn't have gone anywhere near my parents if I had any covid symptoms.

He could have infected the residents of Barnard Castle when he went for a stroll, risking spreading the virus.

Last edited:
come on, as if they didn't have any other options in London to fall back on, what about his wife's family in London?

He could have infected the residents of Barnard Castle when he went for a stroll, risking spreading the virus.

I'm not interested in him enough to know his family situation. If his wife's family are down London then you could have a point, except its is sister in Durham that offered to shop for them during isolation and look after 4yo if needed.

People are really making too much of this. I can understand why press & Lab/SNP/Libs want to bring him down, and a few Tories he might have rubbed the wrong way. He doesn't come across as a likeable person to be sure.

Last edited:
So he made decisions that some will question, and some will say broke or bent the guidelines. But listening to the press conference, it was clear to me who the losers were. And that was the press. There was a explanation of his movements and why he took the decisions he did. Yes, I agree the reasons for the drive to Barnard castle were dubious but he did keep social distancing. I believe he would have been very careful not to be near others.

The Press exposed themselves as just baying for blood. They were hopeless, running round in circles, pointless questions that had already been answered, just because they hated the man.

Actually, Dominic Cummings, who up to now has been portrayed as some machiavellian figure lurking in the shadows and pulling the strings, has gone up in my estimation. He was calm and considered, and did not lose his temper with the media. Not many of us would have been able to do that for over an hour.

To say that we are all going to ignore the guidelines because of Mr Cummings is crazy. We are not sheep. We know what is safe and sensible and will continue to be careful for our own sake.

If you want somebody to wave finger at look at this lot in Bournmouth today.

242f082e-e3d3-40e0-a810-4bfaf1855177.jpg

If my wife were ill and my kid needed care while I was trying to continue with a critical job mine would be off to my Mum's too.

In times of trouble//unknown you seek your family out more than ever (well I do anyway). I've spent last 6 week shopping for Mother, Mother-in-Law & uncle and likely will for weeks to come yet.
BBC London news 3:45.
They interviewed his neighbours who said they were helping vulnerable people or people who need help (including shopping) so there was support for him
Flyer that was put through all the doors in his neighbourhood
241C373E-1F0F-4555-AE65-E62B25BA12BA.png

I still don’t understand the logic of driving to the castle to ‘test his eyesight’.
If I thought my driving might be a danger & I needed to test my eyesight, I would not have my wife & child in the car with me during the test. That defies logic if you’re a ‘good husband/father’!
What is he thinking? If my eyesight goes, & I die in this test, I’m taking you with me?! :confused:

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

...So, he didn't break any laws then.

Just defying logic and quacks like a duck.

If there is a police action or a court case against him, will be interesting to see how things pan out.

If us "normal" people were stopped by the police while driving to a castle to check my eyesight with my wife and 4 year old son .............................?
Hypocrasy is hypocrasy regardless of politcal views or sides.
The media are scum but so are politicians.

...except its is sister in Durham that offered to shop for them during isolation and look after 4yo if needed.
Wouldn't it have been preferable for her to drive down to London and stay with them?

Any truth in it being his wife's bday the day they went to BC?

Wouldn't it have been preferable for her to drive down to London and stay with them?
I would of thought that was a much safer and sensible thing to do.instead a family with covid symptoms decided to do what they did.its crazy that he and others think it reasonable.
I dont care about cummings but i do care about the massive number of avoidable deaths.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom