Cummings Statement

Any truth in it being his wife's bday the day they went to BC?
I don't know about that but he freely admitted he drove there contravening the stay at home and essential travel only. There have been dozens of fines issued for people driving for a jolly during lockdown. Will the government now refund those people who were fined if Cummins doesn't face a summons.

This is not my thoughts, this is what Mrs Gibbsy has said.

Shades of the whole ‘it was within the rules’ expenses scandal.

99.99% certainly true.
All the media are saying her birthday was on the same day. She’s been a journalist for the Spectator for decades, so it’s not something they would all get wrong as there would be plenty of journalists who know her personally.

His whole statement just stinks from start to finish.
If you start to dig into what he said it is all nonsense.

Who drives to a local castle to test if their eyesight is good enough for a long drive and has their kids in the back whilst doing that test?

How many other families up and down the country had both parents with coronavirus or coronavirus like symptoms but kept to the rules and made do with the childcare?

He got caught doing what a load of other people in the country have done and got fined for. As the person that runs the country who none of us elected he should be held to a higher standard.

He needs to go along with all those reporters/photographers outside his house.

He got caught doing what a load of other people in the country have done and got fined for. As the person that runs the country who none of us elected he should be held to a higher standard.

He needs to go along with all those reporters/photographers outside his house.

Who Boris? We who voted Tory voted for them knowing Boris was leader ??

Last edited:
I know I sound a bit picched ossifer but I'm just driving my car to see if I'm fit to drive.

I know I sound a bit picched ossifer but I'm just driving my car to see if I'm fit to drive.

Well Michael Gove apparently nips out for a drive to test his eyes as well :laugh:

I'm not sure how gullible you have to be to swallow all this to be honest. Clearly the government think enough people are though, which is why they're trying it on so heavily.

I dont like this sarcasm about HRH Gove. A truly loyal and honest hero of the people.

Well this is what its really about

Tusk mocks Cummings over lockdown furore
Former president of the European Council Donald Tusk has mocked Dominic Cummings, as the ex-Vote Leave chief battles allegations he broke the UK's coronavirus lockdown.
In a tweet, Mr Tusk addresses Mr Cummings, who is UK PM Boris Johnson's top aide and currently embroiled in controversy over a 260-mile trip to County Durham.
Mr Cummings and No 10 insist no laws were broken - but that hasn't stopped Mr Tusk from issuing the jibe:

Donald Tusk

This is apparently Cummings and his Brexit friends’ rule: that they leave when they should stay.

Complete over reaction and its just political for those Remainers/EU Federalists who want payback. Enough said. Time to move on with important stuff.

Well this is what its really about

Tusk mocks Cummings over lockdown furore
Former president of the European Council Donald Tusk has mocked Dominic Cummings, as the ex-Vote Leave chief battles allegations he broke the UK's coronavirus lockdown.
In a tweet, Mr Tusk addresses Mr Cummings, who is UK PM Boris Johnson's top aide and currently embroiled in controversy over a 260-mile trip to County Durham.
Mr Cummings and No 10 insist no laws were broken - but that hasn't stopped Mr Tusk from issuing the jibe:

Donald Tusk

This is apparently Cummings and his Brexit friends’ rule: that they leave when they should stay.

Complete over reaction and its just political for those Remainers/EU Federalists who want payback. Enough said. Time to move on with important stuff.
Why would the salty EU get involved or even be remotely interested in the little Englanders? 🤔

Why would the salty EU get involved or even be remotely interested in the little Englanders? 🤔

Payback/revenge. I'm sure they think if you unravel team Boris they can get us back or at least swing any deal totally in their favour.

Not little Englanders . . Englanders & Welshie's

Tusk & "The Old Alco" will be remembered for loosing UK partly due to Cummings efforts. Only have bitter revenge left (or booze).

Last edited:
Yeah, either that or the big black hole we have left needs filling.
Some think it's nothing to do with brexit and the good hiding remain took. I'm inclined to disagree.

That's true, additionally in what i'm sure is a massive coincidence it was also his mums birthday the day he drove to Durham........

Last edited:
Posted this in the Covid section but not every Tory MP is towing the Boris line

Sir Roger Gale who happens to be my local MP while he may have his faults his opinion on this isn't one of them

Payback/revenge. I'm sure they think if you unravel team Boris they can get us back or at least swing any deal totally in their favour.

Not little Englanders . . Englanders & Welshie's

Tusk & "The Old Alco" will be remembered for loosing UK partly due to Cummings efforts. Only have bitter revenge left (or booze).
Probably the same reason we make comedy's like allo allo and dads army

This is funny voiceover for cummings when press door stepped him on sunday..

Warning both of these contain offensive language

And here's the alternative cummings statement...

Of MP's and civil servants! He's a weirdo nerd type. His family are the safest bet. I wouldn't have trusted many of my friends with my kids! Mum, sister . . yes.

If my wife were ill and my kid needed care while I was trying to continue with a critical job mine would be off to my Mum's too.

In times of trouble//unknown you seek your family out more than ever (well I do anyway). I've spent last 6 week shopping for Mother, Mother-in-Law & uncle and likely will for weeks to come yet.

It was his nieces who offered to help, yet all they apparently did was leave shopping on the doorstep, as Tesco/Asda/Ocado did for the large majority of the population who followed the rules to “Stay at Home”.

Even when he was apparently unable to get out of bed for 10 days (although he never got a Covid test?), they didn’t offer to drive to the hospital to pickup his potentially Covid-positive wife (who also never had a test) and his Covid-negative son (were hospitals testing <5 year olds then?), and instead made him get out of his bed, that he couldn’t get out of, and drive 2,3,4 or 5 miles to the hospital to collect them. Some time after which, his wife laughed at their son (he has a child you know) “administering Ribena to Dom..”, which is an odd thing to do if you think his father is Covid-positive.

Rather than throwing the Brexit tantrum at people who actually listened to his contrived statement, maybe you need to consider that your own bias is showing?

At least one positive has come from it;

1EF1CE98-8578-4607-AD98-003309A1FCC2.jpeg

Alistair Campbell goes full on malcom tucker in a tirade against johnson, cummings and the government.

This is laugh out loud comedy gold, who needs comedy with govester, cummings and Johnson. Armando Iannucci was right he would never have thought of this stuff as scripts for the thick of it and it would have seemed too fantastic back in 2000s

Campbell distills our anger in 9 minutes, enjoy...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom