Cummings Statement

Honest answer, I don't care and wouldn't know any other adviser from general public.

Thats the point, he advises Boris. Boris makes the decision (or doesn't if your into conspiracy theories).
Spend a few minutes watching & see how many people you spot wearing shorts & a TV shirt.
Do you see ANYONE in shorts & t-shirt?

Honestly do you also take the position of - until I’ve personally gone into space, so I can see the Earth in its entirety, I’m not going to dismiss the idea that the Earth is flat?
I don’t believe in atoms as I haven’t seen them.
Until I see CCTV footage or he confesses, Charles Manson is innocent :rolleyes::laugh:

Last edited:
At least the liaison committee is about to start soon and we can stop talking about fudgeing tracksuits...

Perhaps download a Cummings face mask to go with the tracksuit...

0_frontjpeg.jpg

So far, going by Boris at the committee, it seems that "move on" is the new buzzword. Will that be on the podium tonight? And can we count how many times it's used in the briefing?

I think I have to bring this out again...

Last edited:

Cooper can't get the PM to budge on Cummings
6531b85c-9a5b-450a-8f0d-452bc88eda7f.jpg

Jessica Parker
BBC political correspondent
Labour’s Yvette Cooper

Labour’s Yvette Cooper didn't hold back.
She is a veteran scrutineer and tries to crystallise the accusation that the PM is putting political concerns, in keeping his adviser, above the national interest.
But no matter how many of them try to get Boris Johnson to budge on this, it hasn’t worked.
However, he’s set himself up for a difficult balancing act, saying he understands the feelings of people who are angry about the whole thing whilst also effectively saying he doesn’t agree with their point of view.
An attempt also to suggest that the affair has turned into something of a political “ding dong”, strung out by the media.

Boris is answering MP’s questions at the moment by video link. However, I think there’s a technical problem, as he’s giving answers that bear no resemblance to the questions being asked. He needs an advisor.

Boris is answering MP’s questions at the moment by video link. However, I think there’s a technical problem, as he’s giving answers that bear no resemblance to the questions being asked. He needs an advisor.

Same as most MP's then.

What impact can this petition have?
What impact do most petitions have? They express an opinion. In this case hundreds of thousands of people would like Cummings sacked is what it tells me.

However, if Johnson is true to form he’ll ignore this and stick with his puppet master.

What impact do most petitions have? They express an opinion. In this case hundreds of thousands of people would like Cummings sacked is what it tells me.

However, if Johnson is true to form he’ll ignore this and stick with his puppet master.

Argh, thought it was one of those petitions, that the HoC has to debate.

I did look for evidence of dress code (sado) and amazing what you can find on line. Still can't see anything about dress code for Special Advisers (if that's what he is). Just find this interesting:

This is also referenced https://assets.publishing.service.g...ment_data/file/566900/CSMC_November_2016.docx nothing really specific on Dress Code

An extract:

We do not have a specific dress code. Information relating to dress code is contained in the Ministry of Justice’ Conduct Policy which is available to all staff on the Intranet site. The relevant excerpt is shown below.​
3.4 Dress​
Under the Civil Service Code you will:​
‘always act in a way that is professional and that deserves the confidence of all those you deal with’.
In some instances our customers will expect us to present a smart or professional appearance while at work or on official business. If there is a particular business need, you may need to follow a certain dress code. In these circumstances, managers should:​
  • make sure we do not discriminate for any reason
    • consider what is appropriate dress to meet the business need and avoid being unnecessarily strict
    • remember that if an employee’s religion means they must follow a particular dress code, this must be respected
    • make sure that, if necessary, employees wear identification badges or security passes
    • give staff uniforms if needed, for example, gowns for court ushers.
You will not wear badges or display slogans or anything which shows you are a member of a particular political party. You may wear small badges showing your membership of a civil service trade union.​
Because we have a number of business needs, we do not have a standard dress code. As a result, this guidance is meant to provide a framework only. Ask your manager what dress code is in place in your workplace. Your managers will normally discuss your dress code with local trade-union representatives.
The underline section is a possible to "no scruffy look" but then he just advises Boris and maybe he's not bothered?

This isn't a recent sloppiness by DC, he's always dressed like that before he became target No.1.
I can only find one picture where he has a tie when he was summoned to an official committee hearing.

Anyway, all irrelevant really as he clearly broke the Covid-19 guide on not leaving home with symptoms.

Last edited:
This thread's veered widely off topic. Do we need a dedicated political fashion thread?

"Pick your style: are you Gandhi or Cummings?" Something like that. We could open a poll.

Why the hell are there pictures of Gandhi everywhere? o_O

Has someone tried to compare Cummings to Gandhi? Can I expect a Hollywood movie about Cummings' heroics? :laugh:

Back on the other side of the looking glass, I see Johnson has seen the fire burning out of control, but decided it definitely needs more petrol.

This thread's veered widely off topic. Do we need a dedicated political fashion thread?

"Pick your style: are you Gandhi or Cummings?" Something like that. We could open a poll.

Others started the attack based on his appearance. Don't know why seeing as thread was about his statement and breaking the Covid-19 guidelines. One member was incredulous that I could think there wasn't a dress code for him. Just showing I can't find one.

Just a quick one for whoever likes to play the game, "Whose really the gaffer?" :)

Who forbids the PM? The Queen?

What's her game!!? :eek: :laugh:

Agreed.

Add fuel to the flames and cause further deflection from the real issues.

We were speculating that in the government thread.

But the problems such as with care homes and testing aren't going to magically disappear just because of Cummings being the big news.

So delaying focus on them at the cost of further political damage seems foolish. But then I don't really know what makes sense anymore with regards to how this government goes about things!

We were speculating that in the government thread.

But the problems such as with care homes and testing aren't going to magically disappear just because of Cummings being the big news.

So delaying focus on them at the cost of further political damage seems foolish. But then I don't really know what makes sense anymore with regards to how this government goes about things!
Agree totally.this government will do anything to divert attention from the really important stuff.
"Lets move on" seems to apply to everything.if there is ever an enquiry into this mess, the charge of murder should be applicable in a court,to several of these fools

An interesting article that explores the damaging impact of the Cummings fiasco...

How Dominic Cummings could ruin the UK’s coronavirus response

‘Anger over senior government adviser Dominic Cummings’s behaviour under lockdown may have consequences for the public’s willingness to adhere to government guidelines during the coronavirus pandemic, psychologists warn. Several members of the SPI-B subcommittee of Sage’

“If you lose trust, it undermines adherence, and if people stop adhering to the restrictions that we need to put in place to deal with the pandemic, then inevitably infections will increase, and inevitably that will lead to more fatalities,” says Stephen Reicher, a professor of psychology at the University of St Andrews and a member of SPI-B‘

‘Regardless of the details of what exactly Cummings did or didn’t do, says Reicher, the impact is clear. He says;

“We can argue till the cows come home about what he actually did,”

“What is a stone-cold hard fact is in the impact it has had.”

How Dominic Cummings could ruin the UK’s coronavirus response — WIRED UK

Last edited:
In ordinary times I'd be overjoyed about Cummings keeping his job, because it highlights what an incompetent, weak, low-skilled, selfish, and poor decision-maker Johnson really is. He's nothing but a showman, who's built a career on bluster and lies. But these are not ordinary times. As it's been pointed out above, the actions of Cummings will almost certainly erode the lockdown measures, which will in turn lead to hundreds, or maybe thousands more deaths over the coming months. The fact Johnson is either unable to comprehend that, or actively prefers to witness those deaths than sack Cummings, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's unfit for office.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom