Cummings Statement

If true, then unelected Cummings effectively ordered those pathetic insulting tweets in support of himself from Cabinet ministers; and Priti Vacant has risen very slightly in my estimation (athough should have been banned from govt for life after seriously breaching the ministerial code and may still be brought down by those bullying allegations) for not copying the other cucks

Amazing what just a lowly adviser is capable of doing!

What we need for this cabinet is a Top of the Pops top 10 weekly countdown, to see whose on the up and on the down.

Looks like he is back up to full strength.muzzling experts that he doesnt agree with.

You missed off the Sherlock Gav :D

As always though, I can tell you I for one am shocked.

When the advisor becomes the story and indeed the headline , well time for a PM to cut ties . It becomes damaging and counter productive , much like Blair and Campbell years .

From memory, do people recall the distance or duration of Cummings drive to Barnard Castle, you know, the infamous eyesight test?

From memory, do people recall the distance or duration of Cummings drive to Barnard Castle, you know, the infamous eyesight test?

He lied through his arse maybe ?

60 miles round trip, wasn’t it?
I was curious to see if anyone would have jumped in with "30 minutes or thereabouts". I posted back on page 12 of this thread that the distance was approx 28 miles and the driving time approx 45 minutes. The round trip of approx 90 minutes was hardly a 'short' drive, but 30 minutes was often bandied about as that is what Cummings suggested it may have been.
Of course, the whole of his statement and his answers to questioning, was carefully constructed to portray an absolute non-issue. The starter of this thread did not see any problem with Cummings behaviour, until accepting a de facto breach of quarantine. Kudos to @psikey for acknowledging the facts.

When the advisor becomes the story and indeed the headline , well time for a PM to cut ties . It becomes damaging and counter productive , much like Blair and Campbell years .
One more politically damaging move and he's out.

...He better be or else. The voting public, particularly marginal Tory voters, will take note.

One more politically damaging move and he's out.

...He better be or else. The voting public, particularly marginal Tory voters, will take note.

He's done enough already to be "out". If the public chose to look.

I didn't have that much of an issue with the breach of quarantine.
Not that much of a surprise that a self-entitled ***hole who manipulates people and the media en masse believes they're above it all.
It was wrong and he should just have been shoved in a backroom out the public eye if he was so important to the ongoing crisis.

It was the pathetic attempts at justification, the web of obvious lies and the unfailing support of him, his lies and the repetition of them by the PM and cabinet members that said to me "enough was enough" with the current Tory government and BoJo as "leader"

I'm just not that stupid to believe it, to swallow it and accept it.

No, but thanks to him Britain is out in the cold.

:rolleyes: The majority voted for the direction we are taking.

You had to extract the info/views from both sides and make a descision, not one bloke called Cummings.

You had to extract the info/views from both sides and make a descision, not one bloke called Cummings.
There is more than one thread devoted to one of the government's senior political advisors - it shows how important some people think Cummings is.

Mis-Info, lies, anything to swing the vote. Trump, Farrage, Boris, Cummins, can you not see the pattern here? People made a choice between facts and fantasy, not two different sets of truth. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" looks like Churchill was not their only role model.

Mis-Info, lies, anything to swing the vote. Trump, Farrage, Boris, Cummins, can you not see the pattern here? People made a choice between facts and fantasy, not two different sets of truth. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" looks like Churchill was not their only role model.
Well I've heard the stories from both sides, all the so called facts from both sides, all the opinion pieces, all the personal attacks by remainers (many in these forums still).

I still vote out as I'm sure majority of leavers do. 61 days to go.

In my own work/personal life I know of nobody that voted leave change their mind, unlike a few remainers that have, that value democracy more than their own personal view.

If the majority have been lied-to and a party wants to campaign on re-joining in 4 years time then we can vote again.

Thats Democracy. Use your anger/disappointment on something else until election time.

No total truths on either side. Just opinion and projections (and threats) on an unknown future.

Last edited:
Can we try to keep this about Cummings and the investigation? I tend to avoid the B forums because I don’t want to read about it.

Can we try to keep this about Cummings and the investigation? I tend to avoid the B forums because I don’t want to read about it.
Agree, but its only because of Brexit your even still discussing this unelected advisor to Boris Johnson.

Others far more serious and rarely gets mentioned now, compared to others

2-1 to the SNP at least

What did Margaret Ferrier do – and which other high-profile figures have broken coronavirus rules?

The Margaret Ferrier one potentially infecting the other MP's and everyone on the train and actual tested positive, so far worse and still in office.

Not forgetting:

THE SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford has come under the spotlight after it emerged he travelled over 600 miles from London to his home in Skye three days after lockdown and then went into self-imposed isolation.

The MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber has become the focus of social media debate as pressure grew on the government for Boris Johnson's top adviser Dominic Cummings to be sacked over his decision to drive 260 miles from his London home for child care purposes.

Last edited:
Agree, but its only because of Brexit your even still discussing this unelected advisor to Boris Johnson.

Others far more serious and rarely gets mentioned now, compared to others

2-1 to the SNP at least

What did Margaret Ferrier do – and which other high-profile figures have broken coronavirus rules?

The Margaret Ferrier one potentially infecting the other MP's and everyone on the train and actual tested positive, so far worse and still in office.

Not forgetting:

THE SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford has come under the spotlight after it emerged he travelled over 600 miles from London to his home in Skye three days after lockdown and then went into self-imposed isolation.

The MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber has become the focus of social media debate as pressure grew on the government for Boris Johnson's top adviser Dominic Cummings to be sacked over his decision to drive 260 miles from his London home for child care purposes.

We can discuss Cummings without going into Brexit though. This is about him breaching lockdown guidelines.

Regarding Margaret Ferrier, I regard her behaviour as disgusting. She can't be sacked, other than by Westminster doing a recall on her (go and read up on the Recall Act) and triggering a by-election. If she had that much belief in herself, she should stand down, trigger a by-election and stand as an independent candidate and see if her constituents still support her.

As for Blackford, he did what every other MP did at the start of lockdown and returned home. If you're going to condemn him, you need to condemn them all (with the obvious exception of the ones who don't have second homes due to being London based).

We can discuss Cummings without going into Brexit though. This is about him breaching lockdown guidelines.

Regarding Margaret Ferrier, I regard her behaviour as disgusting. She can't be sacked, other than by Westminster doing a recall on her (go and read up on the Recall Act) and triggering a by-election. If she had that much belief in herself, she should stand down, trigger a by-election and stand as an independent candidate and see if her constituents still support her.

As for Blackford, he did what every other MP did at the start of lockdown and returned home. If you're going to condemn him, you need to condemn them all (with the obvious exception of the ones who don't have second homes due to being London based).

Agree with what your saying but again, many have broken some Covid rules (as shown in article) but only focus is on Cummings by Remain backing types because he is seen as a key reason for Brexit.

Indeed, Corbyn himself broke rules and now suspended from his own party for lack of action with Jewish concerns.

People go for Cummings as he's an easier target to get fired than replacing Boris. And he comes across as an arrogant arse so most would like him to fall flat on his face anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom