Currys PCworld Team Knowhow Service....

You must have a good store.

It's a lottery with who you get to speak to. You got one of the good ones, unfortunately there's a lot of useless ones too.
They took on a lot of Indian/South African call centres/live chat teams and they don't know what they're doing which causes confusion and ends up delaying things.
They do get trained though but training isn't the best, even before COVID.

Wouldn't buy a kettle cord off them.

They'd probably try to sell me an extended warranty and aftercare package for it.

honestly its nice to hear the positives with Currys or any Retailer, we naturally have that bad habit of complaining when things go wrong but don't mention the good since its just expected perhaps.

I had issues with JL recently but it was due to LG, Covid and 3rd party repairers, JL still sorted it in the end with a good outcome so came through in the end.

I'm going to purchase a refurb or cheap TV to keep as back up during those bad days when the main TV goes down.

JL are not all their cracked up to be either we have had 2 ipad's and 2 iphones off them over the last few years and no probs with 3 of them as we didn't need to have anything repaired.

The ipad pro we bought over 3 yrs ago developed a screen fault just before the 3 yr warranty ran out. We managed to contact them 2 days after the warranty ran out (during the lockdown last autumn) and they arranged to have it picked up for assessment/repair.

A week later they contacted us and said it was out of warranty, can't do anything. After various phone calls with them the best they could offer us was a repair at about £275 or a remanufactured one with a short warranty for over £400. We told them to get lost and will be warry about buying from them again.

JL are not the firm they once were

They have been left behind by the competition.

I think all these companies have a tough time with modern, savvy, picky, demanding, social media threatening customers

We all want the greatest selection, at the lowest prices ever, then have it price matched on top, then want 5 years warranty as standard, then want next day delivery, then want 14 day no questions asked open box returns, and a barrage of returns and replacements for all kinds of weird and wonderful reasons.

Reading all the threads you see the same issues and frustration against all the major retailers; John Lewis, Richersounds, Currys etc. They all have a mixture of good and bad. They all have similar stories and outcomes.

It’s tough show with a tough crowd 😂

Last edited:
I can 100% guarantee it will come back damaged as I happened to my C7 when Currys Collected it for repair. If you only have the standard 5 year warranty they will just keep taking it away to fix with no replacement or refund. Just been through the whole process just as lockdown started. I could only get a resolution by emailing the CEO team. In the end they scrapped my C7 off and gave me a voucher to buy a C9.
First pic is how I received I back the first time after a new main board was put it.
The second pic is how I received I back the second time after having a new panel put in.
Hello
I can 100% guarantee it will come back damaged as I happened to my C7 when Currys Collected it for repair. If you only have the standard 5 year warranty they will just keep taking it away to fix with no replacement or refund. Just been through the whole process just as lockdown started. I could only get a resolution by emailing the CEO team. In the end they scrapped my C7 off and gave me a voucher to buy a C9.
First pic is how I received I back the first time after a new main board was put it.
The second pic is how I received I back the second time after having a new panel put in.
Hello there,I just read your post and I have had the identical drama that you had my c7 has gone back for the 3rd time after 2 screens and bezel dented in 2 places .... would you mind sending the CEO email address you emailed please ?

Im now anxious about my oled being picked up, I take good care of it and we all know moving them you have to be very careful with how you hold them and pressure on certain parts, they are awkward to move and the chance of damage is pretty high. I will be taking lots of pics before they collect.

Have you taken pictures of the TV just in case?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom