Currys PCworld Team Knowhow Service....

honestly, we just dont really have any "real options" we have done all that we can. we are now left with wishful thinking that someone might actually do something other than just saying the same fluff.

The irony...sent them a strongly worded facebook message and 10 mins later gift card appeared in my inbox for the full £1599! Just about to head off to see if my local store has the 55" CX in stock! They replied about 30 mins suddenly claiming the voucher was sent yesterday! They must think I was born yesterday! But at least I got a good result in the end and got the full amount I paid back in 2017! Truly awful company though. I'll be interested to see if I get any reply to my complaint(s).

I can accept, within reason, that they will occasionally fall short as regards products/service. The main problem is that they keep closing down methods of communication. I won one of their special promotions recently and was promised that I would receive my winning cheque within 28 days. When it got to 25 days I began to suspect that something was amiss so phoned the helpline number. I was told that they couldn't (wouldn't) escalate the query until 28 days had elapsed and asked me to ring back on Thursday last week. I rang again on Thursday and was then told they still couldn't raise a query until Friday. I rang again on Friday and the helpline number had been taken out of service! I then sent an email to customer services and it quickly bounced back with the message "this mail box is no longer active"! Surprise, surprise it is now 33 days and my cheque has still not arrived.

I can accept, within reason, that they will occasionally fall short as regards products/service. The main problem is that they keep closing down methods of communication. I won one of their special promotions recently and was promised that I would receive my winning cheque within 28 days. When it got to 25 days I began to suspect that something was amiss so phoned the helpline number. I was told that they couldn't (wouldn't) escalate the query until 28 days had elapsed and asked me to ring back on Thursday last week. I rang again on Thursday and was then told they still couldn't raise a query until Friday. I rang again on Friday and the helpline number had been taken out of service! I then sent an email to customer services and it quickly bounced back with the message "this mail box is no longer active"! Surprise, surprise it is now 33 days and my cheque has still not arrived.

Yeah the problem is the poor service seems like it's across the board right now and is getting progressively worse.

i must have taken a dumb pill tonight. i have just signed up to twitter to try get a response in there. but for the life of me i am unable to get a message into teamknowhow main page.... i found the private message rubbish with its auto ask a questions rubbish. but dont they have a main page like facebook that anybody can read or is it all done in private messages? god help me im getting old

I'm no good with twitter but hope you get something sorted out! I got a CX earlier today, very happy with it!

I tried twitter and quickly got a reply from Currys asking me to send a private message. Apparently the first one I sent was open for all to view! I'm not very good with it either. I then clicked on the link to send a private message but it's not been acknowledged. I'm not entirely sure that I have sent it properly. I will check again tomorrow. I just wish they would provide a phone number or email address. With twitter you are limited to so many characters, not ideal when you are trying to make a complaint.

its not just me then....( thank god ). just been looking just now. do i click on one of them send a private messages below everybody elses posts? or will that be in the wrong place? how hard can it be to just send them a simple message... why cant i see an obvious tab to click to start new message like on facebook.....
sorted, not sure its a public message but i have now spoken to someone who has just told me that someone has claimed my voucher and spent it..... you cant make this shyt up....

Last edited:
its not just me then....( thank god ). just been looking just now. do i click on one of them send a private messages below everybody elses posts? or will that be in the wrong place? how hard can it be to just send them a simple message... why cant i see an obvious tab to click to start new message like on facebook.....
sorted, not sure its a public message but i have now spoken to someone who has just told me that someone has claimed my voucher and spent it..... you cant make this shyt up....

How on earth has someone spent the voucher?!

Currys outdo themselves and hit a new high. Three cheers for hitting that Currys, it took time, a massive effort and a huge amount of dedication but you've done it, you've surpassed all previous efforts.

We probably didn't credit you with what you had achieved up until now it and didn't think you could go any further, but you did.

Your customer service scaled that mountain. The high of having an even sh1**13r customer service than you've ever had before.

:clap:

update number ( who gives a sh+t )
i actually got a message on twitter from knowhow and it seems that they have raised an escalation case again for me ( this is the 3rd time this has been done ). but to the lady's credit i also asked about my voucher being claimed by someone else.
she had it checked for me and from what they can tell NO one has claimed it but the only way to be sure is when and if the careplan team finally make a decision it will come up and maybe the voucher would reflect this.....
yes i know what your all thinking." but how long do you wait" well you will all be pleased to hear and some may even be shocked to hear that i need to wait 72 hours for a reply.............

this thread is fast becoming like tommy coopers last ever show.......
funny but ultimately ends in very sad tragedy .....

mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely I wouldn't be the only one to have had a happy ending. :blush:

Although I fear I may not receive another in a few years time WHEN the replacement panel fails out of warranty! :(

this thread is fast becoming like tommy coopers last ever show.......
funny as f+ck but ultimately ends in very sad tragedy .....

Talking of Twitter... the Team Knowhow feed is an interesting read!

Also there is a journalist (Alice Beer) who is asking for stories such as yours as Currys is working with her to resolve issues as a matter of urgency. Maybe worth a shot?

Last edited:
wow thanks guys. Alice Beer cant be message on twitter. and the link under her name is for currys and it takes you to the infamous but ultimately useless homepage.
she does state to send a private message with reff numbers etc etc . but how do you do that if i cant send her a message? anybody have any idea how this twitter bloody works????

I don’t think you can send private messages on Twitter unless the person follows you.

I think you can only send a private message if someone invites you to do so, or follows you as mentioned by @Goooner . When I first sent an "open" message to Currys, I received a reply with a link which allowed me to send them a private message. I did this and raised a complaint which included the fact that their competition helpline number (03452 160044) had been taken out of service so was no longer an option for me to discuss my issue. They have replied today and requested that I phone the same number to discuss matters. Guess what, it is still not working!

wow thanks guys. Alice Beer cant be message on twitter. and the link under her name is for currys and it takes you to the infamous but ultimately useless homepage.
she does state to send a private message with reff numbers etc etc . but how do you do that if i cant send her a message? anybody have any idea how this twitter bloody works????

She follows me so I can try to ask her to read through this thread later if you like?

morning all, well day 37 and back in here. i have tried and tried to find a way to contact Alice Beer but it would be easier to chat to yogi bear.
i have been told by knowhow to stop contacting them on both facebook and twitter. to save any confusion on their part...lol.... yeah i know.... like its my fault this situation is still ongoing after 37 days.........i think i might go back down to the store and speak to the wall next to the exit and see if i get the same reply i get from everybody else.......i wish i was smarter and able to flood their system with messages and emails but thats just being childish. but sometimes its the little things that keep us sane....

not that it matter but here is another place your efforts are wasted..

and another

and lets not forget the address to send a paper and ink letter to is....
customer services
Currys
PO Box 1687
Sheffield
S2 5YA
United Kingdom

Last edited:
Shocking! And I thought my experience was awful. I'd send a full written complaint in recorded, tell them if it's not resolved you'll attend a small claims court to get a resolution.

Shocking! And I thought my experience was awful. I'd send a full written complaint in recorded, tell them if it's not resolved you'll attend a small claims court to get a resolution.

not cool is it....... anyways to better news.. has your new tv arrived yet?

morning all, well day 37 and back in here. i have tried and tried to find a way to contact Alice Beer but it would be easier to chat to yogi bear.
i have been told by knowhow to stop contacting them on both facebook and twitter. to save any confusion on their part...lol.... yeah i know.... like its my fault this situation is still ongoing after 37 days.........i think i might go back down to the store and speak to the wall next to the exit and see if i get the same reply i get from everybody else.......i wish i was smarter and able to flood their system with messages and emails but thats just being childish. but sometimes its the little things that keep us sane....

not that it matter but here is another place your efforts are wasted..

and another

and lets not forget the address to send a paper and ink letter to is....
customer services
Currys
PO Box 1687
Sheffield
S2 5YA
United Kingdom

Yup! I‘ve not had a response from her either. Maybe she was flooded with WAY more details than she expected when she posted her tweet!?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom