Cyrus ONE Cast Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

HDMI ARC is a great inclusion, lacking Bluetooth not so much.

Buy the original and add an inexpensive, decent streamer.

Same job but about £500 cheaper.

I would recommend being careful with Cyrus regarding updates for their customers
I have the Lyric and asked them a while ago if they would install an update to include Chromecast. I got a flat no. My Lyric is now just an amp and a CD player. I ended up buying the Cambridge CXN to get a decent streamer. And Cambridge is where my money will go in the future. You need to look after customers to keep them loyal.

I would recommend being careful with Cyrus regarding updates for their customers
I have the Lyric and asked them a while ago if they would install an update to include Chromecast. I got a flat no. My Lyric is now just an amp and a CD player. I ended up buying the Cambridge CXN to get a decent streamer. And Cambridge is where my money will go in the future. You need to look after customers to keep them loyal.

The Lyric does not have the ability to include Chromecast.

Nor is it merely an ‘amp and a CD player’.

It is a 5 input dac, and an impressive preamp with sub management.

I think your post is disingenuous, and that you do not understand your Cyrus.

Last edited:

Totally agree about the hardware and I am a Lyric owner, however the app to control the Lyric - Cadence is an extreme form of torture that should be reported to Amnesty International, it is totally useless and now refuses to connect to my Lyric. It is typical of smaller HiFi companies that for many years have produced quality hardware but when software control came along they did not invest properly into software development and testing. This will be the downfall of these companies in the new paradigm of software driven hardware.

I am now at the stage that I am looking to replace my Lyric with a Lyngdorf 1120 when they become available because as 2170 owner I can vouch for the quality of Lyngdorf's software development and RoomPerfect is a revelation.

I seem to hear that about a lot of bespoke software...

I’m not sure why small companies such as Cyrus don’t simply buy in one, as it were.

It can’t be worth the expense and customer complaints that follow to do your own.

I do understand the Lyric. The point I was making is that without Chromecast there isn’t a way to stream Amazon Music, Deezer or Spotify directly through the Lyric. Cyrus haven’t bothered to install either Chromecast or add more music services. So therefore the CXN meets those requirements with both Chromecast and AirPlay. Therefore I have plugged the CXN through my Lyric and use it to play CD’s, which brings me back to what I said in my post.

Understood. But I don’t know why you were complaining that Cyrus refused to update the firmware to include Chromecast?

It was never possible. The Lyric was not built with Chromecast in mind and can’t have it installed.

It would be interesting to know the output chips they use in this amplifier?

Buy the original and add an inexpensive, decent streamer.

Same job but about £500 cheaper.
Probably get more functions and quality as well, doesn't work if you've only room for a one box setup though

Probably get more functions and quality as well, doesn't work if you've only room for a one box setup though
There's the rub. I have the normal One and a separate DAC. Given where they are, I'd rather fewer wires.

HDMI ARC is a great inclusion, lacking Bluetooth not so much.
The One Cast does have Bluetooth, just not the AptX version found in the One HD as Cyrus believe most people will do streaming via cast.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom