Dali owners thread

Nerved One

Ex Member
Reaction score
Seeing other speaker owner threads, I thought it time we appreciate the things Dali bring to the party. I first came across Dali speakers a few years back when looking for a 5.1 setup. Other brands were auditioned, but when I had a listen to the Ikon range, it was a big Aaaaa, that's what I was after kind of moment.

Some time later I moved to the Helicon range which I have now. Actually I liked the 400s so much I traded the other speakers I had to move back to stereo 2.0. Brilliant with all the music I've thrown at them. I won't be changing them anytime soon.

What do other Dali owners make of their investment ?

Last edited:
Hi, I've got the Dali suite 2.8 package for my lounge set up. Got the centre & rears powered by my denon avr 3312 & the fronts off of my leema pulse! Tried them with an onix oa21,soap but found the dalis better off the leema so the onix powers pmc tb2 for my dj,mixing room! Also got a set of Dali sr-5 for front heights once I get round to it!!!

I've only got a couple of Dali Lektor 1s, and I had an Ikon Vokal (MkI) centre before my upgrade. I've had a few other small speakers but the Dalis were the only ones that I just can't get myself to pass on. I've sold the centre since it really had no use anymore and I've relegated the Lektor 1s to surround duties, but I just love their sound too much to pass them on.

The only downside is that the upper ranges are not that cheap, hence the move to XTZs; to be honest, the sound of the speakers is somewhat similar, so I'm happy with my choice.

Last edited:
Hi,

In my living room, I have a Dali 2.8 Suite (front speakers, center speakers, and rear speakers) without subwoofer. Everything is powered by a Onkyo 608 AV receiver.

I have ordered a
a) SVS PB-1000 (sub woofer)
b) Monitor Audio GS-FX Gold Signature (as a replacement rear speakers)

Hi,

Guys just seen this thread and great idea.. I have the dali helicons 800 mk1.. I bought them to replace my old mission 773 in my 5.1 setup...!

When I demoed them they were running in a 2 channel stereo setup and they sounded amazing the sound stage was just there... So I bought there and then ..

Well roll on a few weeks I now have them running in a 2 channel stereo setup with a T+A V10 Tube amp with sonos and ps3 phat for sacd cd's.. Looking to add a DAC and Turntable and have a nice music setup

My pioneer was not doing them justice for music on a side note there is a lad on here that had his dalis sprayed cosmic black or something and they looked mint....Really nice.. And he had his s600 sub up for sale at about £500...

Also looking for Beresford tc-7220 'Cough technarchy Cough' so can use them again in the 5.1 setup when watching a movie..

Yes, I've just added Studio Connections cables to my Dali Helicon's and they sound awesome now.

Things just sound right with Dali....instruments natural...good bass...and the combo of ribbon tweeter and soft dome is a work of art.....

Trying real real hard not to look at the Epicon range...really I am !

Tell me about it like i said i went and demoed the 800 to add to 5.1 setup and they sounded so nice as a 2 channel stereo setup

I had to have them setup for music they sound so natural,warm and engaging.... They have actually got me back into music..

I just bought some van damme tour grade 4 core 4mm so bi amping at the mo and thinking of upgrading again soon funds permitting... lol hifi is addictive and expensive...

brand new dali owner here, and when i say brand new i mean fresh out of the box like yesterday evening haha!
im very new to the av scene which i happened to bump into by accident
the zensor 5's were my first choice of speakers, then whilst researching the zensor 5's i ran across the fazon f5.
these are the speakers that i truly want, but at the price im forced to not buy them at the moment
i happened to see a great deal for the zensor 7's brand new being sold for less than the cost of the 5's and i bought them
i must say what i heard from the 3 hours i messed around with them yesterday i am really impressed.
ive boxed the cambridge audio s30 until i start the bedroom set up.
i will be upgrading my s50 center speaker to the vokal at the end of the month.
im currently driving them through a denon avr 2113 amp
the fazon f5's will have to stay on the shopping list for a while

Dali Zensor 7 fronts, zensor vocal, and zensor 1 as surrounds, EF 12 sub in a 5.1 setup.
Love the soundstage. Amazing sound. Higher models are expensive for the diminishing rate of return.
Only upgrade i'm thinking of is to a detached house to enjoy them at higher volume, which i can't at the moment because of neighbours.

rosenelson, how would you rate the vokal vs any other center you have listened to?

thulaniG, sorry I wouldn't be able to help you on this as I haven't heard to any other center apart from BOSE(in their demo rooms). My views would be that of an amateur.
Compared to BOSE i found this better especially for the price difference.
All i can say is it's crystal clear. I'm happy with it and wouldn't go chasing perfection to be honest. I'm happy if it sounds good to my liking.
Work's well even in night time viewing mode on the amp(DRC).

cheers,
i was drifting between the zensor vokal and the ikon vokal
ive just been reading up on keeping things matched and tonality and all that,
and since im very pleased with the 7's, how wrong can go with the zensor vokal?

thulaniG said:
cheers,
i was drifting between the zensor vokal and the ikon vokal
ive just been reading up on keeping things matched and tonality and all that,
and since im very pleased with the 7's, how wrong can go with the zensor vokal?

I had the ikon centre before upgrading to the helicon. The combo of soft dome and ribbon tweeter work very well. If you already have zensor then stick with it, but ikon will be better.

Yes, I've just added Studio Connections cables to my Dali Helicon's and they sound awesome now.

Would that be the Helicon 400's?

I've been gathering "Best of...", "Editor's Choice", "Recommended Components" issues of popular Audio Magazines for years, and one product is consistently on every list - Dali Helicon 400.

That's a pretty high endorsement.

I would dearly love to have a pair of Helicon 400, but the £5000/pr price tag nearly gives me a heart attack. Still, one can dream.

From the specs I have, the Helicon 400 go down to 31.5hz at -3dB, that means very likely 25hz at -6dB. For TWIN 6.5" bass drivers, that is DEEP.

I confess I'm green with envy.

Steve/bluewizard

I love the Dalis I went for the 800 because they came at a good price but I did look at the 400 more so for the size, what I do like is the style of the 800 over the 400 with the extra driver I also prefer the look of the mk1 over the mk2 but I am biased, woud love to run the 800 and 400 along side see way the difference ad benefits between the both....

Last edited:
I love the Dalis I went for the 800 because they came at a good price but I did look at the 400 more so for the size, what I do lie is the style of the 800 over the 400 with the extra driver I also prefer the look of the mk1 over the mk2 but I am biased, woud love to run the 800 and 400 along side see way the difference ad benefits between the both....

Do you have the MK1 or Mk2?

Well like I said i am a little biased towards the mk1:thumbsup:... Prefer the all wooden effect

I have started a Dali project, I have bought the Helicon Centre MK2 and Phantom in walls for surrounds, I will need to save for the 400 or 800 fronts.

The all wood is stunning on the MK1's.

Anyone selling them in Rosewood or Black, let me know ;)

Last edited:
From the current "Editor's Choice Awards" issue of "The Absolute Sound" magazine, they have this summary of the Dali Helicon 400 MKII -

In addition to improved finish, the MK.II version of the original Helicon 400 offers updated woofers and better parts-quality. The design strives for realistic tonal balance and succeeds in laying down a solid orchestral foundation without cheating on the power range of 100hz to 400hz. The dual 6.5" woofer are able to generate a reasonable sense of slam and satisfying level of lower-midrange punch. Harmonic textures are plush and vivid, especially when driven from Tube amplification. Overall, a speaker you can safely "marry" for life.

- Better quality.
- New woofers.
- Realistic Tonal Balance.
- Bass slam.
- Midrange punch.
- Plush vivid Harmonic Textures.
- A speaker you can Marry for life.

Sounds good to me.

Now, if I could just win the lottery.

Steve/bluewizard

From the current "Editor's Choice Awards" issue of "The Absolute Sound" magazine, they have this summary of the Dali Helicon 400 MKII -

In addition to improved finish, the MK.II version of the original Helicon 400 offers updated woofers and better parts-quality. The design strives for realistic tonal balance and succeeds in laying down a solid orchestral foundation without cheating on the power range of 100hz to 400hz. The dual 6.5" woofer are able to generate a reasonable sense of slam and satisfying level of lower-midrange punch. Harmonic textures are plush and vivid, especially when driven from Tube amplification. Overall, a speaker you can safely "marry" for life.

- Better quality.
- New woofers.
- Realistic Tonal Balance.
- Bass slam.
- Midrange punch.
- Plush vivid Harmonic Textures.
- A speaker you can Marry for life.

Sounds good to me.

Now, if I could just win the lottery.

Steve/bluewizard
I phoned Dali and he said it was just the crossovers that were upgraded in the mk 2 not the driver's. I compared the mk1 to the mk2 and the 25 anniversary and the Euphonia and I still preferred the mk1. To tell you the truth there were not that much in it the mk1 sounded a bit warmer

I forgot to mention that I also got a home demo of the Dali Epicon 6 now they were the only other speaker I preferred to the mk1 Helicon 400

I forgot to mention that I also got a home demo of the Dali Epicon 6 now they were the only other speaker I preferred to the mk1 Helicon 400

But we have to stop somewhere right? When I kick back and listen to the system now, I don't feel anything is missing...so I'm just going to enjoy the system as is for a while before I change anything....if I change anything....most likely to be a streaming solution though....

But we have to stop somewhere right? When I kick back and listen to the system now, I don't feel anything is missing...so I'm just going to enjoy the system as is for a while before I change anything....if I change anything....most likely to be a streaming solution though....
You are absolutely right that's exactly what I have been doing all week pure bliss :thumbsup:

i honestly thought this forum would have more dali users
i need to find somewhere to demo the fazon f5's

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom