Dali owners thread

Decided I may go back to separate speakers later this year rather then a soundbar, looking at the DALI Fazon Sat with the DALI Fazon LCR as the centre channel, anybody have these set up and what are you thoughts on them?
I don’t really listen to a lot of music so this would be only for surround sound for movies.

Decided I may go back to separate speakers later this year rather then a soundbar, looking at the DALI Fazon Sat with the DALI Fazon LCR as the centre channel, anybody have these set up and what are you thoughts on them?
I don’t really listen to a lot of music so this would be only for surround sound for movies.
The dali fanon lcr sound fine. I had them on the back at some point. I take it you don't want to go bigger.

The dali fanon lcr sound fine. I had them on the back at some point. I take it you don't want to go bigger.

Due to the lay out of my room I need a smaller set up unless I start moving internal doors so not really an option to go bigger.

Due to the lay out of my room I need a smaller set up unless I start moving internal doors so not really an option to go bigger.
They will do you find then. What sub you thinking about

They will do you find then. What sub you thinking about

I’ve not really looked at the sub or the amp yet.
I like the look of the marantz cinema 40/50 for the amp but open to any suggestion. 😃

I’ve not really looked at the sub or the amp yet.
I like the look of the marantz cinema 40/50 for the amp but open to any suggestion. 😃
Marantz cinema 40 50 will be fine with them 👌what about svs 1000 or 2000 something like that 🤔

@Topmetom 2 just wondering if you ever did swap back to Dali from Arendal? I'm considering a similar change myself, 1723 monitors to Rubicon 2.
I nearly went back to Dali but a deal came up on the Perls. I would not of hesitated going back to the Dali however. Nice speakers with a lovely sound. I still have Dali atmos though.

Ah interesting. I think they would be way out of budget for me. I've got a very small room (9x12) and while the 1723 monitors are great, the demise of the 1961 range means it's very difficult to have same brand surrounds and height speakers. Dali seems to fit the bill here as I could do Rubicon mains and Opticon surrounds. The on-wall options and lack of toe-in required could really help. We find ourselves listening to music a lot lately too and I'd like to try Auro3d on my Denon x8500ha.

Stupid question of the day. I assume you can invert the on-walls (Opticon, Rubicon) so they are completely upside down and the tweeters as at ear level?

Ah interesting. I think they would be way out of budget for me. I've got a very small room (9x12) and while the 1723 monitors are great, the demise of the 1961 range means it's very difficult to have same brand surrounds and height speakers. Dali seems to fit the bill here as I could do Rubicon mains and Opticon surrounds. The on-wall options and lack of toe-in required could really help. We find ourselves listening to music a lot lately too and I'd like to try Auro3d on my Denon x8500ha.

Stupid question of the day. I assume you can invert the on-walls (Opticon, Rubicon) so they are completely upside down and the tweeters as at ear level?
You can indeed. The tweeters are movable for horizontal or vertical alignment. I used mine on their side absolutely lovely…the midrange is much better on dali than the others.

Edit….stop now as im looking at epikores! In my dreams haha

Last edited:
I remember looking at the s280 as on wall then dismissing it, now im looking at on walls again…id forgotten how nice they were. Although there are some good deals on Epicons at the moment. What Rubicon would you get?

I think the Rubicon 2's would work for L/R and give me a good base for the rest of the room. If I was bananas enough to go with a Auro3d arrangement I could get a second pair of Rubicon 2's; one for center and the other for center height. Perhaps the Opticon or Rubicon LCR for my side surrounds and then Opticon 1's surround height.

So many options with Dali. Alternatively I could just get the Rubicon Vokal and do all Opticon 1's for the height speakers. VOG could be an Opticon LCR then.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom