Dali owners thread

Center question ? As we all know i have opticon lcr, but , i have a ikea cabinet which is very deep. So the speaker is right at the back for tv viewing.
im thinking of buying a opticon vokal , but, am now considering a rubicon vokal? Is that a silly idea?

You not looking MK 150/Arendal 1723 S/XTZ Cinema anymore? :( Assuming movies are main priority still. Did you get to listen @mb3195 1723 S system or other members M6s for comparison?

No ive sorta stopped looking around at speakers. I didnt get any takers for my Opticon so gave up..the arendals are far too big. The center would be ok but left and right i cant accommodate

Looking at the specs, they look quite similar but of course the Rubicon is a higher class and cost. If that and how it looks works better for you then why not.

Just wondering, is the phantom S-80 an inwall version of the Rubicon LCR? I know the tweeter module is the same.

No ive sorta stopped looking around at speakers. I didnt get any takers for my Opticon so gave up..the arendals are far too big. The center would be ok but left and right i cant accommodate

If you like what you hear then "no need to fix it, if it ain`t broken". :)

Rubicon Vokal vs. Opticon LCR detective work.

While the drivers look quite similar they are not. Specs show 29mm (vs 28mm) soft dome with a different type waweguide and the ribbon looks bit different aswell on the whitelist explosion pictures, frequency response reaching higher. Mid-bass drivers looks similar outside, but likely still not 100% same. I believe there is higher quality parts used in the Rubicon audio crossover design aswell.

Cabinet is larger with dual 6,5" mid-bass drivers with higher power handling which sounds great for center channel! You should definitely get one for home demo if you ask few dealers and report back do you feel it`s worth it! :) Who knows you might fancy to swap your L/R to Rubicons later on.

If you like what you hear then "no need to fix it, if it ain`t broken". :)

Rubicon Vokal vs. Opticon LCR detective work.

While the drivers look quite similar they are not. Specs show 29mm (vs 28mm) soft dome with a different type waweguide and the ribbon looks bit different aswell on the whitelist explosion pictures, frequency response reaching higher. Mid-bass drivers looks similar outside, but likely still not 100% same. I believe there is higher quality parts used in the Rubicon audio crossover design aswell.

Cabinet is larger with dual 6,5" mid-bass drivers with higher power handling which sounds great for center channel! You should definitely get one for home demo if you ask few dealers and report back do you feel it`s worth it! :) Who knows you might fancy to swap your L/R to Rubicons later on.
Yes, thats what worries me...changing left and right..haha i wonder what dealer would send one out?

Yes, thats what worries me...changing left and right..haha i wonder what dealer would send one out?

Who was the forum advertiser who spoke often in this thread? Allan, Audio Affair?

Also AVO which is still forum advertiser has Rubicon Vokal in stock and they have offered speakers, poweramps, subwoofers for home demo, for members! So give em call!

Here are some pictures of my completed compact home theater. I didn't have a lot of space to work with, and the speaker placements are not ideal by any means, but I'm very happy with the result. The Q90R produce a bright, colorful and sharp image with surprisingly good black levels, and the Oberon and Alteco speakers combined with the Denon 3600 create a much bigger sound than expected. It still needs some tweaking, and I may do a little bit of acoustic treatment on the ceiling and back wall, but I'm already getting that cinema feeling in my living room. Thanks for all the help, guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_024853.jpg
    IMG_20200311_024853.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200311_024829.jpg
    IMG_20200311_024829.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20200311_030753.jpg
    IMG_20200311_030753.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200311_030814.jpg
    IMG_20200311_030814.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20200311_203444.jpg
    IMG_20200311_203444.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 161
Does anyone 'toe in' their Dali's?

My front floorstanders sit slightly wider than my couch, and wonder if I should be pointing them in slightly towards my seating position

Does anyone 'toe in' their Dali's?

My front floorstanders sit slightly wider than my couch, and wonder if I should be pointing them in slightly towards my seating position

You didn´t specify which Dalis you have, but most of them are not to be toed it! It´s mentioned in the manual:

The speakers are designed to meet our wide dispersion principle, so they should NOT be angled towards the listening position, but be positioned parallel with the rear wall.

Hey everyone, I’ve owned my Helicon 800 Mk1 in cherry for a few years from new. My wife and I have been hard at it for a couple of years and I’m finally going to give in so she can be happy. They’re too big for her. (Totally different motivations from me but I love her so what can you do?). It’ll have to be bookshelf or stand mounts to replace them. Need advice!!! Also need people to tell me what they think I should offer them for. They’re in very good condition with boxes. I paid £2k to Richer Sounds when they had a batch of them and were selling them cheap. They retailed at £4,500 at the time, reduced because the Helicon mk2 were out. You’ll all know these speakers. I think they’re beyond stunning but what can I do? I want to stay married....... Thoughts and advice please. (Not on my marriage!!!!)

Yes, they are amazing. I had the H800mk2 and I still miss them. I also loved the way they looked. My room is too small they stood about 2,8m apart from each other. Therefore the soundstage was not right, but I loved the sound.

So I tried the smaller and woman friendlier Euphonia MS4 and they are great too and sonically even better, to my ears. And now the soundstage is right too. I combine them with subwoofers.

So even though the H800 is a wonderfull speaker, the smaller MS4 (or Epicon 6) are worthy replacements. Give it a try.

If you must.. Try the H300mk2.. Wonderfull sounding monitors, and combine them with two subwoofers. You'll be amazed how close this will come to the H800mk2. You'll propably need DSP for good bass and for the crossover.

Last edited:
Wow you dont have the center as well? Truly stunning speakers
Yes I do. Not matching sadly. But the Mk2 centre. I’ll keep this as it’ll always fit. It’s the L/R I need to replace sadly. A simple pair.

Yes, they are amazing. I had the H800mk2 and I still miss them. I also loved the way they looked. My room is too small they stood about 2,8m apart from each other. Therefore the soundstage was not right, but I loved the sound.

So I tried the smaller and woman friendlier Euphonia MS4 and they are great too and sonically even better, to my ears. And now the soundstage is right too. I combine them with subwoofers.

So even though the H800 is a wonderfull speaker, the smaller MS4 (or Epicon 6) are worthy replacements. Give it a try.

If you must.. Try the H300mk2.. Wonderfull sounding monitors, and combine them with two subwoofers. You'll be amazed how close this will come to the H800mk2. You'll propably need DSP for good bass and for the crossover.
Thank you SO much. Truly helpful.

Does anyone have a view on what they might be worth in the Classified’s? (Helicon 800)

Asking price in between min. 2500 and 3000 euro (for a pair) if in excellent state.

I had the dali helicon mk1 400 and 200 for years and loved them, but they were to big for my room.
I did try the ms4 but did not like them.
Screenshot_20200523-215935_Dropbox.jpg
Screenshot_20200523-215833_Dropbox.jpg

Dali ms4
Screenshot_20200523-221357_Dropbox.jpg

Also tried dali epicon 2 did not like them. Preferred the epicon 6 but couldn't afford them at the time.
Screenshot_20200523-220859_Dropbox.jpg

What was it that you didn't like about the MS4? Too dry? The black H400 is beautiful! I wish Dali had the MS4 in black.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom