Dead To Me (Netflix UK) renewed for final S3, S2 May 8, 2020

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
‘Dead To Me’ Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix Dark Comedy

Created by Feldman, Dead To Me centers on Jen (Applegate), a sardonic widow determined to solve her husband’s recent hit-and-run murder, and Judy (Cardellini) an optimistic free spirit who’s recently suffered her own tragic loss. When the two women meet at a support group, they become unlikely friends, despite their polar-opposite personalities. But as they bond over bottles of wine, Entenmann’s cookies, and a shared affinity for The Facts of Life, Judy desperately tries to shield Jen from a shocking secret that could destroy her life as she knows it.

The show also stars James Marsden (Steve), Ed Asner (Abe) and Brandon Scott (Nick).

Feldman executive produces with Jessica Elbaum (Gloria Sanchez Productions.), Christie Smith and Applegate, and Adam McKay and Will Ferrell for Gloria Sanchez Productions.

Last edited:
dead-to-me-1-1.jpg

dead-to-me-9.jpg

dead-to-me-2.jpg

dead-to-me-3.jpg

dead-to-me-4.jpg

dead-to-me-5.jpg

dead-to-me-6.jpg

dead-to-me-7.jpg

dead-to-me-8.jpg

Finished this too. It has some good moments but gets a bit woman's hour by the end in which the #metoo hoard will appreciate.

We watched the 1st two, fairly good so far.

from the below link, seems he
was killed either in defense or commit suicide

'Dead to Me' Creator on That Finale Ending: "It's Not Exactly What You Think" :)
I think we all assumed he came at her and she shot him. If they spin it to a; my life's over and he shot himself, I wouldn't buy that. He was a wheeler dealer who went to what ever lengths to get on. If they stuck his neighbour as the shooter now phoning the cops, I'd go with that but they had her call to supposedly arrange for the two of them to get rid of the body in season 2. If he'd suicided she could've just called the law.
It also got to me that Judy never got arrested for knowing of criminal activity, knowingly living off stolen funds/house/car etc. and that's all fine. She would be down for clearing the bank account - which would've had a joint signature needed to close as standard and no doubt mobile activity alert -, admitted a crime and never even so much as interviewed or cautioned. Her admitting to bash the car would've left her with a criminal prosecution and registered violent criminal but I bet she'll carry on in whatever/care home etc. season 2. And apparently the car owner was blind as he would've seen Jen (who he had various confrontations with) as he left his home and the car number plate as they drove when off when he was right at the car. The cops would've shown him her image.
And where did the sick leave cop get his police issue gun and police car from during the mock kid bust?
This is definitely a farce that you can't look too deeply into.

Watched it over Sunday & Monday, loved it, VERY watchable for me, 10 half hour eps was perfect for a binge
Kinda trashy, popcorn munching don’t think too hard about it-type stuff.
I’ve Always liked Applegate & Cardellini & they were great together.
Look forward to the second season if it gets renewed

Ditto everything above. Even down to the days lol.

Not quite loved it but very watchable.

Always had a soft spot for Cardellini since her E.R days :love:

We binged this last Bank Holiday weekend and quite enjoyed.
The length of episodes were spot on and I managed to stay awake for the lot.

We finished this last night (watched last 4 eps in one go)

Enjoyed it, Christina Applegate had some great moments that had me proper laughing out loud (especially when she was trying to hook up with the muscle guy). Decent ending too.

Would give it a solid 7/10 I think.

She will play Michelle, who has been described as wry and down to earth with a relaxed charm and infectious wit. She forms a connection with Judy (Linda Cardellini) at the Assisted Living Facility, where Michelle's difficult mother lives

I'm really looking forward to this, the first series was something I wouldn't normally watch but it was so good!

We finished this last night (whole lot over 3 eves) - unfortunately it wasn't half as good as season one and I found myself bored for a large portion of it.

We finished this last night (whole lot over 3 eves) - unfortunately it wasn't half as good as season one and I found myself bored for a large portion of it.

That's a shame, I liked the 1st season, will give this a go at some point still.

That's a shame, I liked the 1st season, will give this a go at some point still.
Definitely don't give up on it.

I loved it, but having just finished it, wow, it's dark AF. Some great humour, but very little of it. But the acting carried it.

But was saddened at the end, on-one died to carry on the theme. And i wonder what the commission is on a $20m sale?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom