Bargain Expired Decent deals at Musicraft for arcam receivers

dollag

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking on their special offers tab, seem to be some great bargains. Thought i'd share. Seems to be well know in the atc speaker world

Last edited:
A real shame Arcam didn’t implement Dirac properly - the only thing that would stop me buying. These prices are great.

A real shame Arcam didn’t implement Dirac properly - the only thing that would stop me buying. These prices are great.
It works fine with the latest firmware V4.31. The only issue remaining is that you have to set your speakers to large and the crossover to 200Hz during calibration, after that you can set whatever speaker size and crossover you like.

I've had my AVR390 for over a year and tried all kinds of work rounds, but having done the update over Christmas it is working really well. I have all matching speakers on the base level, so I don't need to worry about the single crossover setting either, which might be the other issue for some.

PS. That is tested with REW and my ears. :)

Interesting development! How does that workaround avoid the issue from occurring? Does it mean the main speakers don’t get corrected in the sub 200Hz region as that’s no good either - any chance you can show me some REW plots?

I can stump up for the 390, but I am not sure, all things considered it would be better for me than my Marantz SR7011 for movies as I get on well with the Audyssey stuff and Dynamic EQ is great. Sure SQ for music would be better but the configurability of Audyssey and the 2ch settings pinned to the CD output on the Marantz are really good.

Might wait and save for 850 once end of line prices like these are more common...that’s how I got an AV9 + P7 many moons ago at about half price.

Is the fix/workaround documented by Arcam?

Thanks for the info.

On my phone now, so a short reply. It does correct below 200Hz info is in the 550 thread along with my recent rew results.

Save others searching.

Special offers

Wonder if new products are coming or just dealers had enough of having to prop up such flawed products & ditching them altogether?

Arcam has announced several new gears. Maybe new AVR will come this year?
Maybe time to jump on the wagon....Any thought how AVR850 would compare with A39 or A49?

If you bought a new Arcam AVR from them and then the AVR developed a fault do you have to return it to the supplying dealer or can you take the faulty unit to any dealer for repair?
Assuming it is under the manufacturer warranty
I know that Arcam no longer accept returns direct from the end customer.
kc

Arcam has announced several new gears. Maybe new AVR will come this year?
Maybe time to jump on the wagon....Any thought how AVR850 would compare with A39 or A49?
Are you on about combining an AVR with an integrated amp, if so the A49 is your best option as it has class G amps like AVR850 and also has AV bypass mode which the A39 does not have, previous A38 did have this.

I now have the old AVR360 + P38 and am tempted by the AVR850. But I wonder how much I would miss by not using an integrated amp and if I should go down a different path.

A39 will not be able to replace the A38 in new world, they made a backward turn by not having AV/HT bypass IMO. You could buy 850 try it on its own and with your A38 and decide from there. If you want more than the A38 then you’d be best going for A49 for ease of integration.

Yes. The two options could be (1) AVR850 or (2) AVR390+A49.

Yes. The two options could be (1) AVR850 or (2) AVR390+A49.
Depends on your surround speakers & listening levels. Several reports of the 390 being a bit weedy & shutting down. Obviously offloading the front pair would help.

I think the 850 would be the better option, you can always add an integrated later if funds allow and you feel you need it

Not listed as a dealer on the Arcam website and they don't mention Arcam products anywhere else on their website. Wonder how that would impact on the warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting development! How does that workaround avoid the issue from occurring? Does it mean the main speakers don’t get corrected in the sub 200Hz region as that’s no good either - any chance you can show me some REW plots?

I can stump up for the 390, but I am not sure, all things considered it would be better for me than my Marantz SR7011 for movies as I get on well with the Audyssey stuff and Dynamic EQ is great. Sure SQ for music would be better but the configurability of Audyssey and the 2ch settings pinned to the CD output on the Marantz are really good.

Might wait and save for 850 once end of line prices like these are more common...that’s how I got an AV9 + P7 many moons ago at about half price.

Is the fix/workaround documented by Arcam?

Thanks for the info.
The NAD T 758 V3 and T 777 V3 are worth considering

Looks like they are all spoken for now. Seemed a nice knowledgeable guy.
I asked him if he would be getting any more in but it seemed he was not impressed with the company and never want to deal with them again. So that would be a 'no' then.

If anyone managed to snap one up on here they were very lucky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom