Deleting Freesat Channels

barryc808

On a Humax HDR-1000s, when you delete Freesat channels from the EPG, does it just remove the listing for that channel number or is the channel itself removed?

For example, I delete ITVBe on channel 118, will ITVBe remain deleted regardless of any reshuffles? Or have I just deleted channel 118 and should a reshuffle occur and a new channel ends up in 118, will 118 remain hidden/deleted?

REPASSAC

I believe it removes the logical channel number> this should ensure that it will remain deleted until either a freesat tune or reset.

TJT1

You could try deleting a channel that you deffo don't want, then try accessing it by channel number.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
You could try deleting a channel that you deffo don't want, then try accessing it by channel number.

It works the same as channels hidden by postcode. If you enter the channel number or try to set a manual recording the channel doesn't exist, until you return it using a freesat tune unles of course you have a foxsat-hdr with the custom fitmware, Using the channel editor you can unhide ITV channels hidden by the setup postcode.

This is the way to fix the BBC recordings causing duplicate recordings from different regions or nations at the same time.

TJT1

OK fine, but what about the OP's question in his second paragraph?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
OK fine, but what about the OP's question in his second paragraph?

They will remain deleted (hidden). Since I deleted the problem channels from both my Freesat + boxes.

On both a first generation box and 2nd generation they have remained deleted (actually hidden).

There has been lots of changes since I deleted them.

None of the unwanted BBC channels have come back.

Freesat background updates respect any manual channel deletions.

Quick check

A few days ago a new HD channel was added on LCN 174 (PICK-HD).

All the OP has to check is that his box has 174 and not the one that was deleted.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom