Denon announce new AV Receiver line-up including 11-channel X6300 - article discussion

I am guessing the 6300H will sell very very well. I doubt it will 'technically' be better than the 7200W but the gap will probably not be huge.

11 channels of amplification in the 6300H vs 9 channels of amplification in the 7200W = Compromises have to be made to hit a price point.....

Still, looking forward to hearing the 6300H in action as it should be interesting to compare to the 7200W which is a fantastic AVR :).

11 channels of amplification in the 6300H vs 9 channels of amplification in the 7200W = Compromises have to be made to hit a price point.....

Yes but the compromises can be made in how much profit they make selling each one, instead of any sort of hardware compromises.

Can just do exactly the same hardware as 7200W with the two extra channels and just take less profit for each one. Guaranteed it is still a very sizeable profit per unit in the couple of hundreds.

Would anyone pay £700 for 2 channels of amplification from an AV receiver? Seems a bit over priced when the 4300 model with 9 channels is only £1199 v £1899 for the 6300.

Smart choice would surely be the 4300 model and add a power amp, which would actually be a better overall package for same/or less money?

if you have room for more boxes fair do, surely the attraction is a one box solution at a fraction of the cost of the anthem,does the 6300 not have more than just 2 extra channels.

Loving the new Denon website, just thought i would mention it. :)

Loving the new Denon website, just thought i would mention it. :)

Just shows how quickly new Receivers are released. The 6200 is shown as 'New' on the website but its replacement is already announced.

Hi - I am somewhat of a newby in this dazzling world of AVR's and wireless speakers. So that probably causes my ignorance shown out of my questions:
1. the AVR x4300H has a 'normal' FM/AM tuner, can I use the HEOS speakers to actually select the signal from this tuner to play in each room I like (and where I have HEOS speakers, OR is HEOS kind-of 'only' connected to the internet and the streaming-services there (including my own music library on my home network)? Has anyone experience with a large room and open kitchen? If I play the FM radio in the main living room through the cable-attached speakers, and in the kitchen through HEOS, is there a noticable delay? (echo-effect).

2. Furthermore, I see ONLY a FM/MW antenna plug - but we also get HD-TV (over Sat. and/or cable), can these AVR boxes play the sound from these boxes too, or are these HDMI connections only for DVD's and the like?

Sorry if these are obvious questions - I used to build my Audio stuff myself, long time ago, before my profession took up all time....

Thank YOU !

Quick question for anyone than can help me: I want to run a 5.1.2 setup in my living room, send HDMI OUT2 to the bedroom TV and have 2 speakers at my backyard as Zone 3.

I know that X4300H fits my needs for this setup, but what happens if I want to add 2 more speakers (5.1.4 or 7.1.2) in the future? Will it be possible to do it and when Zone 3 is activated, 2 channels from the 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 setup to be disabled so the receiver can power Zone 3?

I've been waiting a year or so to replace my X4000. I want Atmos and DTS-X but have been waiting for a new "Killer" feature.

The Audyssey App and the ability to adjust Audyssey without going for the pro option is that feature for me.

I'll be looking to purchase the X4300 or possibly the X6300 in the new year.

Lee

The lack of any Dolby Pro Logic programs on the Denon X4300 and X6300 is a big error in my mind. I'm use to not being able to get THX, except on a couple of makes. Not sure whether to go for the Yamaha or new Pioneer which cover more of my wants, I only need 9 channels 7.2.2 so have to have a listen to the various new AVRs to ensure I don't miss out on something in next couple of years, not to worried about HEOS, but even the X4300 comes with a free HEOS1 HS2 speaker for £1299 through Richer Sounds.

The lack of any Dolby Pro Logic programs on the Denon X4300 and X6300 is a big error in my mind. I'm use to not being able to get THX, except on a couple of makes. Not sure whether to go for the Yamaha or new Pioneer which cover more of my wants, I only need 9 channels 7.2.2 so have to have a listen to the various new AVRs to ensure I don't miss out on something in next couple of years, not to worried about HEOS, but even the X4300 comes with a free HEOS1 HS2 speaker for £1299 through Richer Sounds.

While the Yamaha x50 models still included Pro Logic processing alongside Dolby Surround, the new x60 models have ditched them. The new Yamaha models omit all Pro Logic upmixing options previously available onboard the x50 models in favour of just a Dolby Surround option.

Dropping prologic is a downside in my opinion. While Sky, Netflix and Amazon are improving with their Dolby Digital coverage terrestrial broadcasts are still predominantly 2 channel.

Dropping prologic is a downside in my opinion. While Sky, Netflix and Amazon are improving with their Dolby Digital coverage terrestrial broadcasts are still predominantly 2 channel.

You can still use Dolby Surround upmixing or Neural:X on stereo content, but this would result in all the speakers present being utilised. One option is to configure a second speaker configuration that omits the presence speakers and then engage this second setup using the SCENE feature. You can now apply DSU to content without the presence speakers being engaged. You also still get DTS Neo:6 upmixing, but the back speakers would be mono if using this mode.

You can still use Dolby Surround upmixing or Neural:X on stereo content, but this would result in all the speakers present being utilised. .

I used to have Dolby Surround systems before Prologic was launched. If my memory serves me correctly just stereo fronts and a mono rear without a center channel.
It's the lack of a center channel that would bug me.

Lee

I used to have Dolby Surround systems before Prologic was launched. If my memory serves me correctly just stereo fronts and a mono rear without a center channel.

Lee

Don't let the name confuse you. This isn't the Dolby Surround of yesteryear and is a new system primarilly designed to give you pseudo Atmos in a suitable setup:

Dolby Surround Upmixer

Clients who invest in a Dolby Atmos home theater naturally expect to get full use of all of their components, even when the content they are playing is not mixed in Dolby Atmos. This includes taking advantage of overhead and Dolby Atmos enabled speakers to further enhance the playback experience.

Included in the Dolby Atmos technology bundle is a new advanced upmixer designed to be compatible with traditional channel-based as well as Dolby Atmos speaker systems. The Dolby surround upmixer expands the audio of legacy channel-based content, including native stereo, 5.1, and 7.1 content, for playback through a Dolby Atmos system—regardless of speaker number or placement—while simultaneously honoring and maintaining the artist’s intent for the mix.

The Dolby surround upmixer analyzes and processes multiple perceptually spaced frequency bands, accurately steering each individually. The result is a surround playback experience characterized by precisely located audio elements and a more spacious ambience.

In a Dolby Atmos system, the channel-based mix is fully honored. Dolby Atmos enabled speakers and overhead speakers are employed to lend a sense of atmospherics or room effect to the listening experience. This new technology will process and upmix channel-based content to as many as 17 speaker locations at listener level and 10 Dolby Atmos enabled or overhead speakers. Note: To maintain an accurate frontal audio image, the upmixer will not send upmixed audio to the front wide speakers or any speakers that are located between the left, center, and right speakers. Audio is not upmixed to the center surround speaker.

A center spread on/off control enables the user to spread the center image across a wider front soundstage. This optional feature is ideally suited for playback of two- channel music content or playback of channel-based content in a home theater design that employs a wider screen configuration than typical installations.

The Dolby surround and center spread function should be selected from the AVR or preprocessor user interface or from the system’s remote control.

It is a pity that Dolby couldn't come up with a new name for it to differentiate it from the Dolby Surround matrixing of times gone by.

Don't let the name confuse you. This isn't the Dolby Surround of yesteryear and is a new system primarilly designed to give you pseudo Atmos in a suitable setup:

It is a pity that Dolby couldn't come up with a new name for it to differentiate it from the Dolby Surround matrixing of times gone by.

Hmm, looks like the purchase is back on then.

Dolby should have come up with a new name. Some of us have been at this from the very start and still have decent memories. :)

Lee

Lee
Dolby Surround, the 2016 version, does a pretty good job of upmixing DD stereo broadcasts. Dialogue is firmly lodged with the centre channel and the surrounds, where content allows, can be well used. The use of front heights or upfiring Atmos speakers help expand the front soundstage. Receiver display should show Dolby Surround.

Dolby Surround, the 2016 version, does a pretty good job of upmixing DD stereo broadcasts. Dialogue is firmly lodged with the centre channel and the surrounds, where content allows, can be well used. The use of front heights or upfiring Atmos speakers help expand the front soundstage. Receiver display should show Dolby Surround.
When I swap the X4000 for the X4300 or X6300 I'll be installing 4x B&W ceiling speakers for a 5.2.4 configuration.
Probably in the New Year now as building work through Christmas doesn't go down well.
Alarm bells sounded when you see prologic has been dropped for Dolby Surround.

They should have named it Dolby Surround 2 or something else.

Some of us owned Dolby Surround Receivers before prologic was introduced. I remember upgrading to a Prologic Receiver and choosing a suitable Center Speaker. :)

Lee

When I swap the X4000 for the X4300 or X6300 I'll be installing 4x B&W ceiling speakers for a 5.2.4 configuration.
Probably in the New Year now as building work through Christmas doesn't go down well.
Alarm bells sounded when you see prologic has been dropped for Dolby Surround.

They should have named it Dolby Surround 2 or something else.

Some of us owned Dolby Surround Receivers before prologic was introduced. I remember upgrading to a Prologic Receiver and choosing a suitable Center Speaker. :)

Lee

The Surround upmix will be played through the ceiling speakers, as will Neural:X. My previous receiver, Denon 2310, had pro logic but the wife didn't want any speakers on the wall so I never got to hear it. Atmos with Surround and it's ability to use upward firing speakers is the perfect solution. The front soundstage is greatly expanded, much in the way that heights would do I imagine and as I said the upmixing of standard discs is very good.

The 6200/6300 is an excellent receiver and at the moment there are still 6200s available at bargain prices. Capable of driving on board 5.2.4 I would certainly buy one of these over a 4300. The 6200/6300 are made in Japan unlike the 4300.

Has anyone used the Audyssey app yet & if so views please.

I can't find the app in the iOS App Store

Last edited:
I'm officially a X6300 owner now, first class service from Allan @ ideal AV.

Currently just running in 7.1 & tbh it's not any better than my Onkyo 5008, however when I get round to installing Atmos speakers I'm confident the investment will be worth it.

Just started watching Blade and its sounding great [emoji1303]

Have you run Audyssey and bought the App?

the app is not out until the new year.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom