Denon announce new AV Receiver line-up including 11-channel X6300 - article discussion

Looking forward to the release of the X6300. It's great to have a one box solution for all channels. I can see us recommending this to many clients.

HEOS is great too. We've spent a bit of time with it and it's a definite alternative to Sonos with some added advantages.

It's about time Audyssey upped their game. I like XT32 but it's inflexible compared to ARC and Dirac. Now the end user doesn't have to shell out for Pro to get similar flexibility. Looking forward to see how this performs.

Last edited:
It's the one box solution that will tempt me too. Have the Denon 7200W(A) and was going to buy a separate amp for the extra 2 channels but can see me selling this now and putting the cash towards this.

It's the one box solution that will tempt me too. Have the Denon 7200W(A) and was going to buy a separate amp for the extra 2 channels but can see me selling this now and putting the cash towards this.

Definitely agree. We run the 7200 with a ÂŁ17k MK Sound 5.2.4 speaker system which shows how competent it's is.

It will be interesting to see what the 7200 will be replaced with eventually.

The AVR-X6300H did look very impressive, with 11-channels, built-in HEOS and the Audyssey App, not to mention an attractive price. I can see that model doing very well.

the x6300h looks awsome,they will sell loads of these,one box 11 channel and brilliant price,denon going for world domination.

Any pics of the rear of the 6300 please. It's not on either of Denon's web sites yet.

Definitely agree. We run the 7200 with a ÂŁ17k MK Sound 5.2.4 speaker system which shows how competent it's is.

It will be interesting to see what the 7200 will be replaced with eventually.

I'm guessing the AVR-X7300H ;-)

No sorry, the way the AVRs were setup made it difficult to actually photograph their rears but the layout follows the standard Denon design, with the HDMI inputs and outputs at the top and all the speaker terminals in a line along the bottom and everything else in the middle.

I'm very puzzled, but pleased also, how Denon are selling the new top 11-channel model, the AVR-X6300H, for an initial price of ÂŁ1,899 when the previous top model, the nine-channel Denon AVR-X7200WA has only in the last few months been reduced by ÂŁ300 to ÂŁ2,199 at Peter Tyson????
As everyone says, this 11-channel one-box solution to either 7.1.4 Atmos or 11.1 Audyssey will appeal to very many people. If it auditions anything like the X7200WA Denon should sell it by the lorryload. Especially as it costs less than HALF of Anthem's MRX 1120!

I'm very interested in a one box 7.1.4 solution and had just about come to terms with the astonishing price of the MRX 1120. Then I see this.

For the saving, I'm going to have to try and keep the credit card locked away until October. If it's not well reviewed then at least the MRX 1120 price might come down a bit.

I'm very interested in a one box 7.1.4 solution and had just about come to terms with the astonishing price of the MRX 1120. Then I see this.

For the saving, I'm going to have to try and keep the credit card locked away until October. If it's not well reviewed then at least the MRX 1120 price might come down a bit.

IMO the Anthems are now overpriced. Yes they sound very good and ARC is pretty special but we still choose to run Denon and Marantz in our systems.

IMO the Anthems are now overpriced. Yes they sound very good and ARC is pretty special but we still choose to run Denon and Marantz in our systems.

Do you notice a difference on your m&k setup when using an average power amp?

We've run various Anthems, Lexicon, Rotel, ADA and now Lyngdorf power amps.

Yes they do make a difference. We're only using on LCR as the Denon does a fine job of powering the surrounds and heights.

Have been thinking about upgrading my denon and decided to hang on when I heard the next wave would have heos capacity. However I do wish they would bring back the dab tuners it would then truly be a great one box rules

Have been thinking about upgrading my denon and decided to hang on when I heard the next wave would have heos capacity. However I do wish they would bring back the dab tuners it would then truly be a great one box rules

You actually get better quality radio via the internet radio provision so DAB isn't really that much of an advantage if at all.

You actually get better quality radio via the internet radio provision so DAB isn't really that much of an advantage if at all.

Ah right I never knew that. Thank you. So does that mean I can receive say absolute 80's thru the Internet radio? To be honest it's only one I listen to!

Ah right I never knew that. Thank you. So does that mean I can receive say absolute 80's thru the Internet radio? To be honest it's only one I listen to!

Have a look on vTuner to see if it listed. If it is then yes, you should be able to get it via most AV receivers that rely upon vTuner for their internet radio provision.

Is this the channel:
Absolute 80s

If so then I don't think it is included within vTuner's available stations?

Unfortunately, with Internet radio, not all radio stations are available via the provider that is installed into the hardware.

The Absolute 80's etc are available via TuneIn.

Just checked vtuner absolute 80's is listed however most of the other absolute stations say Internet only and this one with other decade ones just says London so presume that means they are not available via the internet which would seem odd?

Looks like job done by Denon and a lot of people will be waiting for the launch. Looking forward to a proper road test.

There's like gazillion 80's station on the net. I have at least 10 of them on my AVR. I believe that the absolute one can be replaced by something else.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom