Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Just my phone to be honest, Sony x compact, don't have airplay or premium Spotify, is airplay something I can just download, I just use the Sony music app.

On a separate note, I've ran audyssey again with the silvers, I'm just struggling to set up the two fronts, basically if I turn off the sub (example) the two fronts really tinny, struggling to set the Base up, I'm just using single wire.

Airplay is only available as an option if you've an Apple device. It cannot be installed or used to stream content via non Apple devices.

On a separate note, I've ran audyssey again with the silvers, I'm just struggling to set up the two fronts, basically if I turn off the sub (example) the two fronts really tinny, struggling to set the Base up, I'm just using single wire.

I'd suggest you designate them as being SMALL and redirect frequencies below 80Hz to the sub. THe issue you have is more than likely down to the content you are playing as opposed to an issue with the settings or your speakers?

I'd suggest you designate them as being SMALL and redirect frequencies below 80Hz to the sub. THe issue you have is more than likely down to the content you are playing as opposed to an issue with the settings or your speakers?

I've tried numerous content, the front speakers say that are set at full band, they are the only ones it won't let me manually change

I've tried numerous content, the front speakers say that are set at full band, they are the only ones it won't let me manually change

If you aren't being allowed to set them as SMALL then you setup isn't acknowledging that you've an active sub within your setup.

If you aren't being allowed to set them as SMALL then you setup isn't acknowledging that you've an active sub within your setup.

I can set them to small, I've not set them crossover to 80, sub mode LFE, LPF for LFE 110Hz,
I've turned the sub off to listen to them alone, still no Base, even if I turn it up there is no air whatsoever coming from the woofer at the rear of them.
I've reset to factory defaults also and still the same. The single wires are on the top terminals on the speaker I've tried switching them but no suck luck.
Content I've tried sky HD music channels, sky films, music from external source. Once the sub is on its fine but it's so tiny with the front three.

Don't set LPF of LFE to anything other than 120Hz. THe ceiling used for the LFE channel while mixing film soundtracks is 120Hz. If setting the LPF filter below this then you are discarding aspects of the LFE channel.

There's no need to turn the sub off or not use it while listening to stereo content. Your speakers will actually benefit if using a sub because you are increasing their headroom in relatu=ion to upper frequencies.

Try the PURE DIRECT mode to see hoe that sounds?

Don't set LPF of LFE to anything other than 120Hz. THe ceiling used for the LFE channel while mixing film soundtracks is 120Hz. If setting the LPF filter below this then you are discarding aspects of the LFE channel.

There's no need to turn the sub off or not use it while listening to stereo content. Your speakers will actually benefit if using a sub because you are increasing their headroom in relatu=ion to upper frequencies.

Try the PURE DIRECT mode to see hoe that sounds?

To be honest I might be being picky, I left the speakers to run in for 6 hours on low volume this morning.
I never turn the subs off but our of curiosity I wanted to hear the speakers alone, they sounded much more punchy in the shop with no sub as they do now. Once the subs are on it sounds great.
I'll try and re run audyssey again but with the sun set at 25% rather than 50.

Dante appreciate the replies and help I know its taking your time up.

When you say that you turned the sub off, do you mean you simply turned it off or do you mean you changed the front speaker sizes to LARGE? Switching the sub off would result in the frequencies being redirected to that sub from speakers set as SMALL no longer being portrayed. If this is the case then this is why you've lost the bass.

Also, post calibration do the bass management manually and do not settle on using the speaker sizes the calibration resulted in.

No I turned it off, I have two and turned then both off, this was after calibration though. Whiles they were off, I changed the speaker to small, base management as in adjust the level?
I only had tannoy hts before this and whiles these already out the box sound much better but just lack any base at low volumes.

No I turned it off, I have two and turned then both off, this was after calibration though. Whiles they were off, I changed the speaker to small, base management as in adjust the level?
I only had tannoy hts before this and whiles these already out the box sound much better but just lack any base at low volumes.

This is why you've lost the bass. If you set a speaker as being small then the receiver redirects all frequencies at and below those speakers' crossover settings away from the speakers and out to the sub. You've turned the subs off without telling the receiver that they are no longer in use. If you want to disengage them then do so via the receiver's speaker configurations and set them to NONE.

Right I see, I'd still rather leave them on.

So If I now set the speakers as small, then re run audyssey again then?

Then I can adjust anything afterwards if I feel I need too.

No, you need to set the speaker sizes and crossovers after running the calibration. I'd suggest you run Audyssey with the subs turned on and then designate all your speakers as being SMALL. I'd then suggest you set them with a 80Hz crossover.

The calibration doesn't take into consideration any bass management configurations entered prior to running it and simply erases any settings you've made in relation to the bass management.

Right I see, I'd still rather leave them on.

So If I now set the speakers as small, then re run audyssey again then?

Then I can adjust anything afterwards if I feel I need too.
Set up your speakers crossovers post calibration manually as outlined by dante. If you want to try the speakers without engaging the sub then use Pure Direct, this will send the full signal to the speakers as they will be treated as full range, the sub will not receive any signal and will be mute.

Great, I'll try this again tomorrow morning now or later if I get chance.

Again appreciate the help. You spend a lot of money, you want it set up correctly.

The single wires are on the top terminals on the speaker I've tried switching them but no suck luck.

Have you got link bars between the HF and LF binding posts?

Have you got link bars between the HF and LF binding posts?

Yes first thing I checked, would it make a difference bi-wired

Yes first thing I checked, would it make a difference bi-wired

You'd remove the bridging plates if bi-wiring. Bi-wiring on its own it a pointless exercise. Even bi-amping using an AV receiver isn't ging to provide much if any benefit. If just running single wiring to each speaker then leave the plates in place and it makes no odds as to which you use the LF or the HF terminals to connect the wires to.

You'd remove the bridging plates if bi-wiring. Bi-wiring on its own it a pointless exercise. Even bi-amping using an AV receiver isn't ging to provide much if any benefit. If just running single wiring to each speaker then leave the plates in place and it makes no odds as to which you use the LF or the HF terminals to connect the wires to.

Yeah thought that.

Done audyssey again, dials on sub set at 120, volume at 25%, result levels on sub came at -12db, fronts large, front crossover full band, manually changed to small and front crossover at 60.

Not had chance to listen yet though, will do in an hour

If the sub level is -12db post calibration then this is an indication that the sub's own gain/volume is probably set to high prior to the calibration. Turn the sub's gain down and run the calibration again and try to get the resulting sub level on the receiver closer to 0db.

If the sub level is -12db post calibration then this is an indication that the sub's own gain/volume is probably set to high prior to the calibration. Turn the sub's gain down and run the calibration again and try to get the resulting sub level on the receiver closer to 0db.

Yeah I remember you telling me this before, I'll do this again now. The crossover dial for calibration on the sub, should this be maxed for calibration then put to 120 afterwards?

The sub's own filter shoud be set as high as it can go prior to the calibration and left that way post calibration.

Well after many many many months I finally found time to wall mount a spare set of kef eggs I have as front heights above my front speakers.

Off to watch John Wick on UHD

Hi all just setup my X2200W and after some advice.

How do I easily get it to playback the sound as it is in the source, I am playing films back from my server with HD audio but the display doesnt say this is what is playing? Have tried the direct button but this doesnt seem to work and makes everything very quiet.

It doesnt play ball well with my ps4 pro, if I set the display setting on the pro to automatic I get sound but no display. If I manually set to 2160p yuv420 it displays fine and says everything is ok for 4K/HDR but the TV does not say HDR is playing when it used oto do when directly cabled from the PS4.

Thanks!

Hey folks!

Is there somewhere I can order a replacement Audyssey mic for the x2200w? I've misplaced mine during a move and would like to calibrate :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom