Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Hey folks!

Is there somewhere I can order a replacement Audyssey mic for the x2200w? I've misplaced mine during a move and would like to calibrate :(
Don't worry. It's in the same safe place as my Onkyo remote and I don't have a clue where that is.

Ask Denon support, you'll need your serial number.

What sound mode do most people use for music?
Just stereo so the two fronts and sub?

I'm still un-sure on the set up, My two fronts seem to come alive when I pick direct or pure direct.

I've tried all different settings, multi stereo, DTS, when I pick these it seems to be the centre speaker that does all the work.

What sound mode do most people use for music?
Just stereo so the two fronts and sub?

I'm still un-sure on the set up, My two fronts seem to come alive when I pick direct or pure direct.

I've tried all different settings, multi stereo, DTS, when I pick these it seems to be the centre speaker that does all the work.
I always use stereo. Usually but not exclusively direct.

I always use stereo. Usually but not exclusively direct.

I used to with the Tannoys but they didn't sound right, the silvers are much better.

Anybody added a power amp to this av receiver? Or is it a waste of time/money?

I use stereo but that's because I'm not sure if my Q2020i's support anything else! Plus I'm only 2.0 at the moment.

Think I just heard what I believe is referred to as a DTS MA bomb:eek:. So watching The Revenant 4k through my Mass 7.1 set-up when a loud BANG sounded from the speakers and no sound, even though the picture kept going. Wasn't even a loud scene. Nearly had a heartattack! Skipped back and the sound started fine. Even replayed the same scene without issue.....I've had the amp for about 10 months without issue. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Think I just heard what I believe is referred to as a DTS MA bomb:eek:. So watching The Revenant 4k through my Mass 7.1 set-up when a loud BANG sounded from the speakers and no sound, even though the picture kept going. Wasn't even a loud scene. Nearly had a heartattack! Skipped back and the sound started fine. Even replayed the same scene without issue.....I've had the amp for about 10 months without issue. Any thoughts?

The DTS bomb wouldn't result in you losing audio output and would result in loud shriek like distortion. I'd suggest the issue was just a HDMI hiccup between the source and the receiver as opposed to it having anything to do with the DTS bomb.

The DTS Bomb is an authoring error on some DVDs and Blu-ray discs that are encoded with DTS soundtracks. It causes a rare incompatibility with some brands and models of Blu-ray player and/or A/V receiver. If that sounds maddeningly vague, the problem is difficult to diagnose and nearly impossible to predict… until it happens.

I’m the Bomb… The DTS Bomb!

The DTS bomb wouldn't result in you losing audio output and would result in loud shriek like distortion. I'd suggest the issue was just a HDMI hiccup between the source and the receiver as opposed to it having anything to do with the DTS bomb.
Fair enough. I'm not that knowledgeable on these things. I Googled it when it happened and from a description I read it kinda fit the DTS thingy:smashin:.... When I think about I had an issue earlier in the day with the picture on the same player. Maybe the cables on the way out?

It could indeed be a cable issue if you are also experiencing video dropouts.

Had an update this morning, anybody know what for?
Says Overall performance

After the update on my X2200W the USB front panel 5v output switches on & off intermittently.
This is a problem as I use it to trigger my Marrantz MA6100 Sub Amp.
Can anyone tell me whether I can go back to the previous firmware ?
I have a previous firmware copy on my PC which can be loaded to a USB stick.
I don't want to experiment, bearing in mind the USB power problem might trash the firmware completely.

After the update on my X2200W the USB front panel 5v output switches on & off intermittently.
This is a problem as I use it to trigger my Marrantz MA6100 Sub Amp.
Can anyone tell me whether I can go back to the previous firmware ?
I have a previous firmware copy on my PC which can be loaded to a USB stick.
I don't want to experiment, bearing in mind the USB power problem might trash the firmware completely.

On the 3200 you can update the firmware through the web interface. Put the IP address in your web browser and then navigate to 'General -> Firmware'.
I don't know if this is the case with the 2200, but it's worth checking.

Does anyone know how to block Spotify on the 3200? It's causing me a massive headache.
If a friend attaches to my wifi, they can send a stream to the amp. That's great - but when they leave, and even travel to another country, they can still control the amp as there is no authentication with Spotify Connect. By design, it allows the last person to control the amp irrespective of the network they are on.

The answer from Spotify for this is to open the app and steam to it - which will kick the last user off so they lose control. Fantastic - but they fail to mention you can only stream to devices with Spotify premium.

They only choice I can see at the moment is to either:
1) Disconnect the amp from the network entirely
2) Pay Spotify their ransom demand, so I can kick people off Spotify Connect.

There doesn't appear to be a way to disable this feature. The best I can do is to disable the network when in standby, which will stop me from being woken up by friends accidently selecting my amp (or if it was the last used device).
I've not looked at port blocking yet, as Denon / Spotify provide no port information, but if it's uPnP based, then it'll probably try to use a different port anyway. While I'm comfortable with firewall rules, I can't run a whitelist for a home network, as I'd need to add an infinite amount of stuff to it.

Any ideas?

Guys please help
Wanna listen to music from my nas thru my 3200, but select it from my phone without looking at TV

Is there an app or Bluetooth etc

Many thnx in advance

It works fine with remote and tv but really wanna control it from garden on phone

On the 3200 you can update the firmware through the web interface. Put the IP address in your web browser and then navigate to 'General -> Firmware'.
I don't know if this is the case with the 2200, but it's worth checking.

Does anyone know how to block Spotify on the 3200? It's causing me a massive headache.
If a friend attaches to my wifi, they can send a stream to the amp. That's great - but when they leave, and even travel to another country, they can still control the amp as there is no authentication with Spotify Connect. By design, it allows the last person to control the amp irrespective of the network they are on.

The answer from Spotify for this is to open the app and steam to it - which will kick the last user off so they lose control. Fantastic - but they fail to mention you can only stream to devices with Spotify premium.

They only choice I can see at the moment is to either:
1) Disconnect the amp from the network entirely
2) Pay Spotify their ransom demand, so I can kick people off Spotify Connect.

There doesn't appear to be a way to disable this feature. The best I can do is to disable the network when in standby, which will stop me from being woken up by friends accidently selecting my amp (or if it was the last used device).
I've not looked at port blocking yet, as Denon / Spotify provide no port information, but if it's uPnP based, then it'll probably try to use a different port anyway. While I'm comfortable with firewall rules, I can't run a whitelist for a home network, as I'd need to add an infinite amount of stuff to it.

Any ideas?

Tell your friends to enable the setting "Show local devices only" on their Spotify app OR tell them to pay attention and not choose your amp when using Spotify Connect outside of your home.

whats the consensus on the new firmware, any additions, fixes, worth the upgrade?

whats the consensus on the new firmware, any additions, fixes, worth the upgrade?

DEnon have actually started posting the changelog for the update to their servers. The updates are bug fixes so it would be advisable to apply them as opposed to ignoring them. THe view the cjangelog, go here:

Denon Firmware/Changelog Download

You'll need the serial number of your receiver in order to be able to gain access to the changelog and or the firmware download.

Is the distance for Atmos enabled speakers in the main distance setting supposed to be from LP to speaker or the reflected distance? I've set the speaker to ceiling height but the distance showing on the main page is only showing the direct distance.

Hi guys I'm trying to get a few radio stations on the amp.. but there a bit long winded. Is there a quick way I don't know about.

Hi guys I'm trying to get a few radio stations on the amp.. but there a bit long winded. Is there a quick way I don't know about.

I use the remote app on my phone or ipad - see post above.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom