Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Thanks Mark. Bit confused though - you use the output to connect to an xbox one x? I presumed the two outputs were only for screens?
I use the monitor 2 output to a different HDMI input on the TV, so then I can have my game settings pre set on this and don’t have to keep changing them depending on what I am watching on the TV. So basically everything goes into the AVR then I have one hdmi lead out to HDMI 2 on the TV for all content that is not Game and then one HDMI lead out from monitor 2 to HDMI 1 on the TV which has my game preset settings for when playing Xbox.

I use the monitor 2 output to a different HDMI input on the TV, so then I can have my game settings pre set on this and don’t have to keep changing them depending on what I am watching on the TV. So basically everything goes into the AVR then I have one hdmi lead out to HDMI 2 on the TV for all content that is not Game and then one HDMI lead out from monitor 2 to HDMI 1 on the TV which has my game preset settings for when playing Xbox.
That's genius! Great idea, Will have to try this. Thanks for the explanation

can you actually change the output settings on each HDMI output then (ie have different settings for each output)

also i assume the x2200w can deal with Full 0-256 range and that i dont need to use my PC to output a limited range

can you actually change the output settings on each HDMI output then (ie have different settings for each output)

also i assume the x2200w can deal with Full 0-256 range and that i dont need to use my PC to output a limited range
I am not sure on the AVR settings, I am talking about picture modes game/non-game on the tv. I think monitor 2 is just a direct copy of monitor one but it means you could have it on 2 displays?

Got you. So you set the settings on the TV separately per hdmi input

Got you. So you set the settings on the TV separately per hdmi input
Yes that’s correct as saves having to switch from TV picture mode preset to Game mode preset and vice versa every time I want to play the the Xbox.

Switched my amp on this morning to a message that my tv doesn’t support hdmi 2.2 which it does but why is it suddenly saying this when it was fine yesterday?

because HDMI is the crappiest standard of them all. Maybe on par with miracast.
Switch everything off, unplug that cable, replug, switch on and hope for the best. If not, try some other cable.

May need a backup then factory reset, then restore too.

I had similar problems with my LG TV and this Denon.

May need a backup then factory reset, then restore too.

I had similar problems with my LG TV and this Denon.
I've got LG C6 TV. It's never done this before. Thinking of upgrading my amp for the Sony 1080. Won't be for a few month though.

Switched my amp on this morning to a message that my tv doesn’t support hdmi 2.2 which it does but why is it suddenly saying this when it was fine yesterday?
My amp did that last night about 7;30pm just as I switched on to continue watching Apple’s wwdc event on my Apple TV (I’d been watching it on my iPad to that point) but I was greeted with audio only on whatever I tried selecting. I did the switch off from the mains and it came back ok but I missed the bit I’d been waiting 90 minutes for! The announcement about the “death of iTunes” every click bait headline had been screaming at me for days! I really do need to change my amp, but all the reviews still claim Denon are the mutt’s nuts!

Turned amp on after I got home from work and it’s working normally, no idea what the problem was.

I think I know the answer already - but does anyone know if it's possible to pass 1080p 120hz through this receiver? My new TV accepts 120 hz signals - but I don't believe the receiver does more than 60 hz on any resolution - forcing me to run two cables - one to the receiver and one to the TV, in order to use my gaming PC with it.

Hi guys wonder if anyone could help me out here...
I have my 2200 hooked up to my skyHD box and 4K player (Panasonic UB900) with a 5.1 setup. I'm convinced that when watching films on sky movies the sound is better, more fuller, and emersive than when watching disc based content on the 4K player including UHDs! Here the sound seems really subdued even though the front display reads TrueHD, DTSHD etc. For example I flicked Blade Runner 2049 on via Sky the other day and thought to myself this sounds better than my bloody UHD disc!! Surely the 4K should be much better?

Any settings I should be looking at to resolve this? I have my TV connected to the 4kplayer via a separate hdmi due to issues with banding if this helps?Much appreciated

Last edited:
Hi guys wonder if anyone could help me out here...
I have my 2200 hooked up to my skyHD box and 4K player (Panasonic UB900) with a 5.1 setup. I'm convinced that when watching films on sky movies the sound is better, more fuller, and emersive than when watching disc based content on the 4K player including UHDs! Here the sound seems really subdued even though the front display reads TrueHD, DTSHD etc. For example I flicked Blade Runner 2049 on via Sky the other day and thought to myself this sounds better than my bloody UHD disc!! Surely the 4K should be much better?

Any settings I should be looking at to resolve this? I have my TV connected to the 4kplayer via a separate hdmi due to issues with banding if this helps?Much appreciated

I know you have probably checked this already, but are both of them on "Pure" or "Direct" audio setting? The UHD player might be on a "scale down to stereo" type setting.

Hi all - bit of a long shot but I'm desperately trying to avoid sending the unit back to Sontec for further repair. I had my x3200 in for repair with them a short while ago for an unrelated fault. Since receiving the unit back I've been unable to connect through Spotify Connect, but more worryingly I'm not able to factory reset either to try and resolve the issue. Is there anything else I could try to avoid being without the unit for another 6 weeks?! Thanks in advance

HI everyone,

So I have the following setup

Denon AVR-X2300W
Sony 75Z9D TV

I have connected the TV with HDMI through both the ARC inputs between TV and receiver. I have been also using older sennheiser wireless TV headphones whenever I play Playstation which is connected to the AVR GAME input. Whenever I want to use the headphones I simply connect the audio cable into the phones jack in front of the AVR.

Now I bought new Sony WH-L600 Wireless TV headphones which need to be connected either through HDMI or an opitical cable.

I am totally overwhelmed now as I could not make this work.

I want to connect the headphones to the AVR thus I hate not tried a direct connection to the TV yet.

I connected the optical cable on the back with in the digital audio in “1 TV audio” input. And as i have some experience with my older Harman Kardon Avr, I assumed I will be able to switch within the GAME input that I use for the PS4, the correct audio input. I also went to the input select screen and added optical in the digital column of the GAME setting
Input Assign AVR-X2300W

But I can’t get it to work because I cannot figure out how to switch to that digital input while on GAME. At least it used to work like this with my old Harman Kardon.

So my expectation would be this:

I play Playstation 4 with the speakers until I need to switch over the sound to the headphones. Then I simply change the sound input on the AVR remote and the sound changes from speakers to headphones. This should be possible right?

Alternatively I tried quickly the connection with an HDMI cable and simply connected it to the AUX input on the front panel. But as expected that does not work since I have to then switch from GAME to AUX INPUT and there is no sound there as the Playstation is wires to GAME.

Would super appreciate any help. Thanks!

The optical on the 2300 is input only. It cannot output audio from that connection. The only headphone out on the 2300 is the headphone jack on the front. When inserted the speakers will be automatically muted. There is no way around this. The HDMI out passes video only unless it is in standby and it will pass audio and video through to the TV.

Your optical out would have to be made via the TV.

The optical on the 2300 is input only. It cannot output audio from that connection. The only headphone out on the 2300 is the headphone jack on the front. When inserted the speakers will be automatically muted. There is no way around this. The HDMI out passes video only unless it is in standby and it will pass audio and video through to the TV.

Your optical out would have to be made via the TV.

Thanks for the reply. So what is the input select for where I can add under digital the optical option?

Also does this mean that I have no means to connect now these headphones with my current setup? Do I have to connect the headphones directly to the TV then?

EDIT: would a converter like this then work? Or would I use quality with the audio?
https://www.amazon.de/Adapter-Tosli...9YHNC53N950&psc=1&refRID=DA8N3MWM99YHNC53N950

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the reply. So what is the input select for where I can add under digital the optical option?

Also does this mean that I have no means to connect now these headphones with my current setup? Do I have to connect the headphones directly to the TV then?

EDIT: would a converter like this then work? Or would I use quality with the audio?
https://www.amazon.de/Adapter-Tosli...9YHNC53N950&psc=1&refRID=DA8N3MWM99YHNC53N950
You cannot connect by optical to the receiver. The receiver cannot pass audio from optical, only receive it.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
You cannot connect by optical to the receiver. The receiver cannot pass audio from optical, only receive it.
Ok thank you. But I could make this work with an HDMI connection then? Would you know how in that case?

Ok thank you. But I could make this work with an HDMI connection then? Would you know how in that case?
Maybe it could work with a HDMI splitter, I don't know. Perhaps others can inform you better than I.

Maybe it could work with a HDMI splitter, I don't know. Perhaps others can inform you better than I.
Thank you again! But why do you think I would need a splitter? Is it not possible to have the picture coming from one HDMI source and the sound from another?

Last edited:
Thank you again! But why do you think I would need a splitter? Is it not possible to have the picture coming from one HDMI source and the sound from another?
That would work with a blu ray player that has two HDMI out. The receiver will only pass video unless it is in stand-by when it will pass both video and audio. The TV will be connected to the Monitor HDMI. Have you tried the Zone 2 HDMI which is a mirror image.

My experience with headphones is limited to wired. Simple plug into the front socket. No delay, no sync issues.

That would work with a blu ray player that has two HDMI out. The receiver will only pass video unless it is in stand-by when it will pass both video and audio. The TV will be connected to the Monitor HDMI. Have you tried the Zone 2 HDMI which is a mirror image.

My experience with headphones is limited to wired. Simple plug into the front socket. No delay, no sync issues.

Phew I need to play around with the zone 2 options. This is going over my head :) thanks for all your help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom