Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Hi. My remote for my X2200W has decided to only work when it feels like it. I've tried new batteries but still the same. Any idea what could be causing the issue or is there some type of replacement I could get?

Hopefully has fixed the handshake problem with sky Q boxes - I know both companies have been working on it

New firmware update out. Says it is just a bug fix. I took the plunge anyway and all seems to be working OK.

I saw this and I was a little nervous as the previous update was so painful. Fortunately, this time it was smooth. I watched the progress percentage gradually climb. I feared that it would drop back to 0 but it didn't.

Either I was lucky not to do it at a busy time (Friday 5pm) or they have upgraded their servers since last time.

I have not noticed any difference but I have not gone looking for one.

Hi. My remote for my X2200W has decided to only work when it feels like it. I've tried new batteries but still the same. Any idea what could be causing the issue or is there some type of replacement I could get?

Hi, do you have an iPhone? If so try the Denon Remote App.

The new firmware seems to have fixed the sky q issue I was having which is a bonus. But finding that there is now an issue with Eco settings not sticking when you save it and power cycle. I factory rest after the firmware updated as I havent done this is a long while wondering if this corrupted something.

Also another issue, as I have a smart plug for all my entertainment device (kills power to all my devices when not using ie over night) turning the plug back on the amp powers on by its self then turns the tv on afterwards. Even though amp was in standby before turning off. Turning off the TVs (Samsung) Anynet+, which also disables the ARC feature fixes the issue. But never did this before the update. Just wondered if anyone else having issues after this update?

The new firmware seems to have fixed the sky q issue I was having which is a bonus. But finding that there is now an issue with Eco settings not sticking when you save it and power cycle. I factory rest after the firmware updated as I havent done this is a long while wondering if this corrupted something.

Also another issue, as I have a smart plug for all my entertainment device (kills power to all my devices when not using ie over night) turning the plug back on the amp powers on by its self then turns the tv on afterwards. Even though amp was in standby before turning off. Turning off the TVs (Samsung) Anynet+, which also disables the ARC feature fixes the issue. But never did this before the update. Just wondered if anyone else having issues after this update?
No idea regarding the power cycle issue, but great to hear the sky q issue seems to be fixed. I'm fed up of not being able to use the harmony remote, so will have to try again.

Hi, do you have an iPhone? If so try the Denon Remote App.

Yeah tried the app I keep having connection issues with the receiver and find the app very unresponsive like theres a delay to everything. Denon put me on to Sontec Electronics who have quoted me £68 for a replacement just wondered if there was a cheaper way around it?

Just to confirm, was the sky q issue you was having the one where the screen goes black when changing inputs from sky q and back again? This update has definitely fixed that for you?

Just to confirm, was the sky q issue you was having the one where the screen goes black when changing inputs from sky q and back again? This update has definitely fixed that for you?
Yes, that was the issue, and just to confirm it's still an issue, just had it. So back to the work around of making sure TV and Denon are on and tuned to respective channels (tv to hdmi of denon, denon to Cable/satellite). Only then turning on sky q box. Then to turn off doing that in reverse. Annoying still!

Yes, that was the issue, and just to confirm it's still an issue, just had it. So back to the work around of making sure TV and Denon are on and tuned to respective channels (tv to hdmi of denon, denon to Cable/satellite). Only then turning on sky q box. Then to turn off doing that in reverse. Annoying still!
It's a real PITA, have the same problem on my X6200. If I watch something on blu ray I have to turn off the player and the Denon before turning on SkyQ, then turning back on the Denon. If I forget to turn off the Denon and just go straight to Sky, it's the dreaded black screen. It has to be a Sky problem.

It's a real PITA, have the same problem on my X6200. If I watch something on blu ray I have to turn off the player and the Denon before turning on SkyQ, then turning back on the Denon. If I forget to turn off the Denon and just go straight to Sky, it's the dreaded black screen. It has to be a Sky problem.
There's a whole thread about it on the sky help community. They are apparently looking at it, but been testing since April so would have expected something by now. Not sure it's solely sky side though as other avrs and devices don't have the problem. It's the way they handshake I believe

Hi folks. Apologies if this has been discussed previously and I didn’t see it, but i’m having an issue with my 2200 wherein it has powered itself down twice in the last week with no way to power it immediately back on. No indicator light showing (red or otherwise) and no response to button presses. After being left alone for a period of time (15 mins+) it appears to be in standby again (red light).

The first time was after extended use so i suspected possible overheating (it is not enclosed) but the second was after only a few minutes use some days later.

I saw mention elsewhere of resetting the microprocessor that deals with the power but not sure how to achieve that on this model. Any advice or help would be appreciated!

I've got a Denon X2200 amp with Monitor Audio Mass Speakers surround sound speakers and would like some advice. I am having an extension done at my house and therefore thought I would get 2 or 3 speakers put in to the ceiling of the extension (3 metre extension. Someone has mentioned that I should get some Bluetooth 5 Ceiling speakers.

What I would like to use the ceiling speakers is for them to output the same audio that is being played out of the surround sound speakers, and also if possible be able to play music out of the ceiling speakers alone.

Is it feasible to do this and is so do I need some sort of transmitter plugged into the amp to send a signal to the bluetooth speakers? Also what if anything should I advise the electrician to do wiring wise and can anyone recommend any speakers.

Also is it personal preference if I should have the speaker cables to the Mass speakers running under the floorboards and channeled in to the brick work or have it running under the flooring and leave the brickwork alone? (we will be having new flooring put in). I haven't decided if I want to wall mount my TV yet or have it on a TV cabinet. I've got the speakers currently sitting on a TV unit at the front, and the rears are on stands. I do have 2 speaker mounts that I used before as well. My concern is if I channel into the walls to lay the cable and then later decide to re-arrange the set up.

In addition, the current phone line point is the hallway, so the Sky Q Router is plugged into there, along with a hard drive, and ethernet adaptor. If I wanted to hard wire sky Q, should I run an ethernet cable under floors from hallway to the Sky Q HD box? Is running an extended lead from the current phone line point a lot more complex as I understand that just using a simple extension lead could lead to signal issues with Sky Q so they always recommend that the router is connected with a filter direct to the point in to the house, and not on an extension lead.

I may be over thinking things but as some new flooring is going down I thought it best to get the prep work done in advance to save regrets later.

If anyone has got pictures of the set up their TV to give me ideas that would be useful also.

I had an extension built 2 years ago, tried to plan for wiring/cabling as well as I could but still ended up making several mistakes. My first thought is if I was doing it again I'd try to avoid having anything permanently run under floors or through ceilings because a. what if the cable/wiring fails and b. what if I want to replace it and c. what if I want to reconfigure/add to a system. Channeling or at least finding a way to make cabling accessible/replaceable would be the way I'd go if there's a next time.

I'd also invest in a new amp once there's something on the market that's 'affordable' and has the option of adding additional speakers (maybe including bluetooth speakers). I think yamaha do that, maybe others too - really haven't researched that recently.

Could you get a sky engineer to move it? I have virgin cable and called them asking them to move the entry point into the house which they did without much hassle. It cost but not that much from memory.

I have a Denon AVR-X2200W that I think needs a firmware update. If I go to its web interface and select General/Information, it says the firmware version is 4600-9481-4085, and its DTS version is 3.90.50.00. If I go to the firmware update page it says the AirPlay firmware is version P105271.1300.0. However, no matter what I do on the Web Update page, nothing happens. If I go to merely the update page it asks me to select a file, but I don't have a file. I am unable to get an update file from Denon's web page. What do I need to do?

I have a Denon AVR-X2200W that I think needs a firmware update. If I go to its web interface and select General/Information, it says the firmware version is 4600-9481-4085, and its DTS version is 3.90.50.00. If I go to the firmware update page it says the AirPlay firmware is version P105271.1300.0. However, no matter what I do on the Web Update page, nothing happens. If I go to merely the update page it asks me to select a file, but I don't have a file. I am unable to get an update file from Denon's web page. What do I need to do?

Sorry if this is a silly question but it is connected to the Internet, isn't it? :)

Have you tried on the AVR in Settings -> General -> Firmware? Not sure why you are using the Web interface.

The web interfce is how I connect to the Denon. I put the ip address of the denon into my browser, press enter, and it connects. I get the full menu on the left of the screen, and the submenu for whatever I have selected on the left show up on the right. So, I go to General->Firmware and I get a screen that looks like
Capture.PNG
If I select Update, it asks for a file (which I don't have). If I select Web Update it just hangs and if I want to continue I need to unplug the unit so it re-boots.

Set the NOTIFICATION --> UPDATE option to ON.

Now simply select the WEB UPDATE option at the bottom of the menu.

The receiver will automatically check for available updates and ask wheher ypu want to download and install them if and when one is available,

You'd need to download the file from Denon's site and then load it onto a usb stick if wanting to manually apply an update. This is what using the UPDATE option is expecting and obviously cannot detect a USB drive or an update because you've not inserted a USB stich with such an update into the receiver's USB input.

If the receiver isn't notifying you that there's an update available after enablling the update notification then there isn't an upfate available for your receiver.

Last edited:
Found the problem - Apparently there is an error during version display mode
IP SCALER ERR 01.

Any ideas on how to reset this?

Cheers,
Ivan

Hi!

I am also facing the same IP scaler error 01 on X4400H.
Wonder if there's any solution?

Cheers,
eisoe

Last edited:
Hello. Just replaced the board in my subwoofer. Because it was not working for a weeks I have now noticed something that was properly happening before. When I turn on the tv and play a channel on sky q etc my Denon app says all the channels are being used on the output. The problem is the subwoofer is not used unless I press the sound mode button on the remote to reactivate the sound mode I am already in. Then the subwoofer green light comes on. I use dts neu x mainly. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom