Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Hello. Just replaced the board in my subwoofer. Because it was not working for a weeks I have now noticed something that was properly happening before. When I turn on the tv and play a channel on sky q etc my Denon app says all the channels are being used on the output. The problem is the subwoofer is not used unless I press the sound mode button on the remote to reactivate the sound mode I am already in. Then the subwoofer green light comes on. I use dts neu x mainly. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?
Does the sub kick in when you turn the volume up?? I don’t use active standby I leave my sub on all the time? It may not be this and just a thought?

Does the sub kick in when you turn the volume up?? I don’t use active standby I leave my sub on all the time? It may not be this and just a thought?
I fixed it by having the tv at a higher volume when turning the activity on with my harmony remote. I also increased the gain but the sub seems a bit too high volume now but it’s the only way to get it to activate on the non loud channels.
Also when I go into my settings screen on the denon the mute logo appears. What’s that all about?

Hi folks, can I just check, did the X2200W definitely get the firmware update for Dolby Vision passthrough?

Yep it did.

Will not pass HDR10+ if your TV supports it, no receiver has this ability at the moment.

Thanks for that, yes it’s a GZ950 which is arriving tomorrow. It does support HDR10+, but the bulk of my viewing will be DV or HDR10.

I’m guessing there is no way of knowing if the 2200 will get a firmware update to allow HDR10+ pass through, so a UHD player which supports it with dual HDMI outputs would be the best way forward?

I’m guessing there is no way of knowing if the 2200 will get a firmware update to allow HDR10+ pass through, so a UHD player which supports it with dual HDMI outputs would be the best way forward?
I have the 65FZ802, so no DV on there for me but HDR10+ capable. I have my Pioneer 4K player with just the video going to the FZ and audio to my Denon 6200. It's not a problem apart from not having on screen information when using the Denon.

Volume level change.
Normally I run my audio at around 30 for sky but last night I found I had to turn it upto over 40 to get the same level. The sane thing has happened with my firestick.
I am not aware I have changed anything, although my granddaughter controls the tv when she is here so she may have unwittingly changed something.
Any ideas or an diagnostics I can try to sort it out.
Not aware of a recent software update but could that have changed anything.
Any help would be appreciated

Volume level change.
Normally I run my audio at around 30 for sky but last night I found I had to turn it upto over 40 to get the same level. The sane thing has happened with my firestick.
I am not aware I have changed anything, although my granddaughter controls the tv when she is here so she may have unwittingly changed something.
Any ideas or an diagnostics I can try to sort it out.
Not aware of a recent software update but could that have changed anything.
Any help would be appreciated

The dynamic volume setting on the audyssey settings can affect the volume , off being a lot quieter and light being a lot louder (and from what I've found better).
Otherwise it could be the source input level setting
Neither are things I would have thought it would be possible to accidentally adjust though...
Hope you get it sorted

solved

Looks like she changed the sound mode.
Changed it back to movie and all ok.
Thanks for the help.

how can I see if my denon avr-x3200W suport HDR10 10+ and dolby vision
78841585_2639272992846863_220600425244524544_n.jpg

Your AVR receiver itself doesn't give info on what HDR formats it supports and you need to rely upon the information Denon give regarding its abilities. The receiver doesn'r process the HDR and simply passes it through and out to a display that can.

It will pass through HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG, but has no support for HDR10+

No AV receiver manufacturer is currently supporting HDR10+

I think mine is the X2200, I found it initially very quiet soft to, I used the mic thing and Audyssey to set it up, distances etc but then turned it all off, so not processing at all. Was much better then.
Do find films on bluray or streamed vary so much in levels and volume needs to be adjusted for each film really. Some I am like -12db others can't go less than -20db or the windows will blow out!
Justice league on amazon on Friday eve was a great example!

I think mine is the X2200, I found it initially very quiet soft to, I used the mic thing and Audyssey to set it up, distances etc but then turned it all off, so not processing at all. Was much better then.
Do find films on bluray or streamed vary so much in levels and volume needs to be adjusted for each film really. Some I am like -12db others can't go less than -20db or the windows will blow out!
Justice league on amazon on Friday eve was a great example!

Turning off Audyssey has no effect upon the distance of level configurations. These are in effect regardless of the mode the receiver is in and whether or not Audyssey room EQ correction is engaged.

Your receiver is calibrated in accordance with an industry trcognised reference level. This same llevel is used in the studios mixing soundtracks. Disengaging Audyssey doesn't change this fact or effect the master volume scale on the AV receiver.

Thanks I know it didn't change distances or anything, I was trying to say I have turned off all EQ etc and anything that could affect how it sounded. Much better since doing so.

It is a fact that dspite room EQ corrction correcting the audio in accordance with "ideals" set aside to suggest how audio should sound i.e. FLAT, it is also a fact that no one individual has the exact same preferences when it comes to what they defined as being "better audio". THe EQ correction can make audio sound less exciting and it is often suggested that bypassing this EQ correction gives those listening to stereo sources a better listening experience. It should also be said that Audyssey down samples all audio to 48kHz. There's also the misconception that toom EQ correction in some way improves the audio. THis is in fact incorrect and its purpose is to try account for abnormalities with your room's acoustics. If the room has no such anbormalities then you'd not gain anything by usng room EQ correction.

Room EQ correction's purpose is to address abnormalities with your room's acoustics and isn't something that "adds" to the audio.

Last edited:
Hi all, I seem to have hit a block with my 2200. The last update seems to have corrupted it somehow. When you switch on, it will try to start normally with the flashing green led, then will just drop back to a flashing red led. Switching it off and on four or five times will eventually allow it to start up and work fine. Then after about 30-60 minutes you will lose all sound. Switching off and on again will allow it to work fine with no further problems until it is switched off.

I reverted back to ver 4400-3421-4063 , and whilst the problem isnt as bad as before, it is still there. Applied the latest again, and still the same problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi. Spotify connect no longer works on my AVR. Also can’t get airplay to work. it is connected to WiFi fine and I can get to the portal. Is Spotify still working for everyone here?

edit: nevermind. Didnt realise if you hide sources it disables them too. All sorted

Last edited:
It is a fact that dspite room EQ corrction correcting the audio in accordance with "ideals" set aside to suggest how audio should sound i.e. FLAT, it is also a fact that no one individual has the exact same preferences when it comes to what they defined as being "better audio". THe EQ correction can make audio sound less exciting and it is often suggested that bypassing this EQ correction gives those listening to stereo sources a better listening experience. It should also be said that Audyssey down samples all audio to 48kHz. There's also the misconception that toom EQ correction in some way improves the audio. THis is in fact incorrect and its purpose is to try account for abnormalities with your room's acoustics. If the room has no such anbormalities then you'd not gain anything by usng room EQ correction.

Room EQ correction's purpose is to address abnormalities with your room's acoustics and isn't something that "adds" to the audio.
Not sure if I'm understanding your comment re. Audyssey, dante01 - do you mean that with Audyssey enabled on the amp it downsamples to 48kHz during every day use or during the running/set up of Audyssey?

Audyssey wouldn;t downsample audio already encoded as 48kHz such as almost all video content you are currently going to get on discs, but it would effect HD audio such as FLAC.

Last edited:
I assume we will not get EARC on the x2200w ?. Seems silly to upgrade to another receiver only for this.

No. THere are no plans to provide an eARC update:

No models predating the Xx400 models will be updated.

Note that new hardware is required for eARC. Therefore, older AV receivers cannot be updated to receive eARC feature. On the other hand, all Denon AV receivers featuring eARC will be backward compatible to ARC.

I'm having problems with arc with my Sony AF9 oled TV , when I say problems what I mean is it's simply not working. I've factory reset both the amp and the TV and it's still not working. When it worked I used to get a message on my TV indicating whether audio was using the TV speakers or the audio system but I don't get those messages anymore. I've enabled bravia sync control on the TV which needs to be on for arc to work and arc is on on the amp obviously . The problem I have is I don't know whether the issue is with the amp or the TV . Anyone else had problems like this and sorted it out?

Ta

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom