Answered Denon AVR X2400H ARC problems

stewbold

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. Up until yesterday I had no problem with the ARC connection between this amp and my LG OLED TV (B6). For some reason it has stopped working. I have checked the TV setting and the Sound Out setting is set to Audio out (optical/HDMI ARC). Simplink ((HDMI-CEC) is on. I have gone through the set up in the amp menu and HDMI Control is on as is ARC. When I run the set up assistant-TV Audio Connection I only get Digital Optical or Analog L/R as choices and not HDMI/ARC. Am I missing something? I have tried unplugging everything to no avail. Tried the second HDMI out on the amp to no avail. Optical out from the TV to the amp works but not ideal as the volume cannot be controlled via the TV or Sky remotes.

Thank you

The digital audio output (speaker) settins on your TV would be either TV, optical or HDMI ARC. THhere's not an option that encompasses and includes bothoptical and HDMI ARC under a single heading.. Select the HDMI ARC option and not the optical option.

Thanks Dante

Under the Sound Out menu the first option is "internal TV speaker" and the second is "Audio Out(Optical/HDMI AAC) So on my TVs there is such an option?

IMG_1197.jpg

What options are there for the DIGITAL SOUND OUT setting? Can you set this to something other than AUTO?

Have you tried a new HDMI cable? ARC can be temperamental when it comes to the HDMI cable being used.

I have tried several HDMI cables to no avail. The amp is only a few weeks old so I will speak to the vendor (Richer Sounds). Thanks for your help Dante.

Exact same problem

AVRX2400H
LG OLED55B7V

Received both on Sunday
ARC worked once. Then stopped and hasn’t worked since
Replaced cables, reset everything to default, pared everything back to a single connected device.......nothing seems to work

Would be interested to hear what Richer Sounds say. I wonder if this is a firmware issue (trying to remember if I updated before or after the one occasion I had ARC working)

Exact same problem

AVRX2400H
LG OLED55B7V

Received both on Sunday
ARC worked once. Then stopped and hasn’t worked since
Replaced cables, reset everything to default, pared everything back to a single connected device.......nothing seems to work

Would be interested to hear what Richer Sounds say. I wonder if this is a firmware issue (trying to remember if I updated before or after the one occasion I had ARC working)

Hi Tmacca

Spoke to Richer Sounds yesterday. They suggested I speak to Denon and if they don't suggest a solution to take the amp in to the store where they will test it and if necessary will replace it. Denon suggested a factory reset which I might try at the weekend. I will let you know how I got on. It has been working fine for several weeks but suddenly stopped working. Not sure if either the TV or amp have had a recent firmware update. Not sure if the problem is with the TV or amp.

I have already tried a factory reset of both, still no joy

The closest I can get is seeing the volume controls appear on the TV display when I press volume up/down and although they appear to be doing something, I don’t get any feedback or volume display on the Denon and there’s no sound at all (from either device)

Got mine working
After trying another amp (my old onkyo 616), I managed to get sound, so I knew the TV was at least capable of ARC (and not physically broken)

So decided to concentrate on the Denon

Disconnected all HDMI devices from the amp and went back to basics and.....bang! ARC is working

Connected everything back up one at a time and everything still works. Including ARC

Hi Tmacca

I was just about to post the same thing! Found a solution on an AVforums post from several years ago relating to a different LG TV and a different Denon Amp. The solution was as follows:

Power off the AVR and unplug all HDMI cables and the power cable.
Waited for the system to discharge (usually when the subwoofer starts to hum ~1min).
Plug in power and TV HDMI
Power on the AVR
The TV can be on or off...
Unplug the TV-AVR HDMI cable, wait for it to discharge ~1min (didn't need to power off the TV)
Replug the TV-AVR HDMI

ARC started working.
Then I started plugging in other HDMI cables one at a time...

In that particular case he found by a process of elimination was the Blu-Ray player. When he disabled CEC on the Blu-Ray - problem solved

Good news

Weird
I had the same battle this week.
Arc just stopped
Unplugging monitor out hdmi on only amp seemed to be the magic bullet after hours of messing around

Can the OP let me know if ARC works ok other wise with this combo.. looking at the same amp

Hi Tmacca

I was just about to post the same thing! Found a solution on an AVforums post from several years ago relating to a different LG TV and a different Denon Amp. The solution was as follows:

Power off the AVR and unplug all HDMI cables and the power cable.
Waited for the system to discharge (usually when the subwoofer starts to hum ~1min).
Plug in power and TV HDMI
Power on the AVR
The TV can be on or off...
Unplug the TV-AVR HDMI cable, wait for it to discharge ~1min (didn't need to power off the TV)
Replug the TV-AVR HDMI

ARC started working.
Then I started plugging in other HDMI cables one at a time...

In that particular case he found by a process of elimination was the Blu-Ray player. When he disabled CEC on the Blu-Ray - problem solved

Good news

THANK YOU!! I had this issue with my Denon x2400 - overnight ARC and CEC stopped working properly.

I followed your instructions, turned off, unplugged all hdmi and then started jusy with TV HDMI.

All working fine again

THANK YOU!

A couple of days later I have the same issue again. This is clearly a faulty AMP right?

Same problem on 2500, the fix above cured it but then went again. Must be software or firmware? Mine's up to date.
Anyone know any more?

I’m sending mine back for repair! Not found a fix which is perm. Regret buying the amp now tbh

i had issues with my 2300 and also my newer marantz SR6012, i didn't attempt any of the fixes as mentioned above, just ended up going optical to the tv.. ARC is a flaky thing!

My 2500 is away for repair for this and other issues.
Only had it 8 weeks and been a nightmare.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom