Question Denon AVR-X2500H .... Help

Canadiain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased one of these receivers and I am stumped! No sound when hooked up to cable box or PS3 through HDMI or Optical. I tried changing imput settings but no luck. Even bypassed the receiver, with HDMI video direct to the TV and running an optical from the TV still no sound. TV is a older Samsung.

Have you hooked up all of your speakers and run through the setup wizard? Are there any test-tones on the speakers when you run the wizard ?

Yes, I ran the audyssey set up and had speaker test tones. Running 5.1 and have sound through the tuner but nothing else.

Yes, tried cbl/sat hdmi 1, opt 1 with imput mode auto, nothing. Tried Game with Ps3 thinking it might be my cable box set up with hdmi in to game slot t and tried opt 1 and 2, no sound. I think it is probably a simple set up issue but can't seem to get it right.

Thanks for all your help. I returned the receiver today for full refund. Will be looking for another receiver, hopefully Denon. I would have liked just a straight exchange but I couldn't get another AVRX2500 so I will have to watch for sales.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom