Denon AVR-X2500H Owners Thread

Just noticed my surround right speaker not working, swapped the speakers round… it appears to be the demons fault, I’ve run a test tone and silence from that channel… is it broken? Read somewhere that a factory reset should solve it

I'm looking to upgrade my TV to an LG C1, would the Denon receiver "bottleneck" performance in anyway? Particularly for HDMI 2.1 compatible devices, e.g 4k 120hz etc?

Just got a c1 to join my x2500.

Did you end up getting the c1? Any thoughts on your x2500/c1 combo?

Absolutely nothing from surround right… wonder if the channels blown 😩

ok setting this up again after house move

Samsung tv, Monitor Audio Radius one speaker, L&R surround sound speakers nvidia shield and cable box.

all speakers connected and cable box connects to hdmi port

also have nvidia shield connected to denon

However can't get shield to display on TV when selecting source

only come on when I have hdmi connected to TV and can select source

this correct or are connections wrong

ok setting this up again after house move

Samsung tv, Monitor Audio Radius one speaker, L&R surround sound speakers nvidia shield and cable box.

all speakers connected and cable box connects to hdmi port

also have nvidia shield connected to denon

However can't get shield to display on TV when selecting source

only come on when I have hdmi connected to TV and can select source

this correct or are connections wrong
I think it's in the Shield, "settings" - "device preferences" - "monitor and sound" - "power control". And there you have several options, choose what you want to do.

I think it's in the Shield, "settings" - "device preferences" - "monitor and sound" - "power control". And there you have several options, choose what you want to do.

Right had a Homer moment DOH!!

Was using the cable TV remote and trying to switch to Source. However should be using the Denon remote and pressing the media button to switch to this hdmi port.

Managed to do the Audyssey speaker set up and seems to be ok/

Are there any other settings that I need to check to get a good sound /volume. Have Monitor Audio Radius one ,sub woofer and 2 surround speakers

Cheers

Trying to establish if it's possible to stream Dolby Atmos audio from Amazon Music (I have the top package) from a mobile device to the Denon X2500H using Bluetooth or Heos? I've streamed what appears to be Atmos/360 Audio etc but the info on the Denon says it's receiving 2 Channels only and then outputting all speakers. Is this just an upmix or am I getting Atmos? Is there a better way to do this?

New subject: adding a tuner.

May have been asked before, but can I add a tuner, like the Majority Fitzwilliam 2 (optical + coax connections)? Reason: TuneIn no longer covers Finland. Yes, it might be possible to add the radio stations, but I haven't managed it yet.

New X2500h owner here. Love it so far. Just wondering about the bi-amp setting in Amp Assign. I have front speakers with bi-wire terminals. They are currently connected via two cables per speaker, but both those cables come out of the front speaker terminals on the amp - just a transplant from my previous setup. But I think the bi-amp setting may be a better solution.

The cables go through the wall so it’s hard to identify which is which, so my question is: if I’m using the surround does it matter whether the “surround back” terminals and setting Amp Assign to “bi-amp”, do I need to make sure that the surround back terminals both link to the upper or lower speaker terminals, or does that not matter?

For example, this image from the manual shows the front connectors going to the lower terminals on the speakers, with the surround connectors going to the upper terminals. Would it matter - or, worse, blow something up - if I got one of them the wrong way round compared to the other? Or do the two amps feeding the front speakers duplicate the full signal down each wire, so it wouldn’t matter if one speaker had them the other way round from what is shown in this image?

That possibly makes no sense…

1677079482546.png

Does anyone here use DeRemote? I used it a lot with my old X2100W - it was a great app for browsing DLNA server files on the AVR on screen so I didn't need the telly on. However, the 'network' screen doesn't respond to presses with the X2500H - pressing 'media servers' for example does nothing at all, no response from the app, even though the AVR can see the server. Is this HEOS messing up the DeRemote app?

Nobody has responded on this thread for ages but I have another question: does anyone know if the Ethernet port on the x2500h is 10/100 or 1000Mbps?

Nobody has responded on this thread for ages but I have another question: does anyone know if the Ethernet port on the x2500h is 10/100 or 1000Mbps?

Based on the manual recommending a switch of 100Mbps or greater, I would assume it is only 10/100. I could be wrong though.

Based on the manual recommending a switch of 100Mbps or greater, I would assume it is only 10/100. I could be wrong though.
That's what I suspected too. I have a new switch that changes LED colour to show whether it's operating at 10/100 or 1000, and it's showing that the Denon (and my Sony UHD, and my Oppo Blu, and my Fire Stick with ethernet adaptor) are all only operating at 10/100, and I was wondering if the switch wasn't working as it should. I've been able to verify this is correct for all the other devices but the Denon was proving hard to find...

... but I think it is 10/100. That's a bit annoying, but hey ho. Not as annoying as a Sony UHD player only having max 100Mbps on it's wired connection!

I'm not sure anyone should be worried about most AV equipment "only" having 10/100 connections because the bit rates required for interconnections for most AV functions are not that high.

OTOH you might begin to get issues if you have "cutting edge" UHD TV - although I would expect that the relevant equipment suppliers (DENON, SONY etc.,) would then fit their kit with 10/100/1000 interfaces to cover that, and the manuals would state that any external connectivity also needs to meet that requirement. (that's to cover their asses if/when customers complain about something not working because of the connections speeds)
("real world" example: your car is a typical 4-door hatchback and has a max speed of 90mph and meets all the legal requirements for construction, including the braking system - so you don't need to fit the brake systems, tyres, etc., from a 200+mph "supercar"!)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom