Denon AVR-X2600H with Samsung Smart TV OneConnect Box

SLyall

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - does anyone have experience of using the AVR-X2600H (or any recent Denon AVR) with a Samsung Smart TV that has a OneConnect Box and the Tizen Operating System? I'm wondering of the TV's universal remote would switch between the sources connected to the Denon AVR.

The TV's remote wouldn't cpntrol the AV receiver's source switching. You'd need to use the AV receiver's own remote to switch between sources connected to the AV receiver.

Some minimal control such as volume would be controllable via the TV's remote, but only if and when HDMI CEC and or ARC are in operation.

If looking at using a single remote then I'd suggest you look at one of Logitech's Harmony remotes which should control every aspet of your TV and AVR plus any other device you may have.

Last edited:
Many thanks - I actually have an older Denon, and just wondered if a newer one would help. I had bought the Samsung TV expecting to connect everything to it and send the sound from it to the Denon, but that creates lip-sync issues (poor show Samsung). I can route one source through the Denon to the TV via ARC and that's fine for the BluRay and for the sound from the TV, but I have one more source (Sky Q) and that has to go to the TV and then to the Denon. I can eliminate the Sky Q lip-sync issue by routing the sound from the Sky Q box in parallel to the Denon, but then I have to manually switch the Denon to use that sound rather than the sound from the TV. It's a small nuisance, but would be great to eliminate. I will think again about Harmony, but I really like the minimalism of the Samsung remote. Thanks again.

Note that conventional ARC is limited to the same audio you'd be able to access via S/PDIF optical and as such cannot convey HD formats such as TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio. It is also limited to just 6 channels of audio so cannot convey more than 5.1 encoded SD formats. You'd also not be able to convey more than just 2 channels of PCM data.

If passing audio through your TV and out to the AV receiver then it would be recommended that you use eARC (enhanhanced ARC) as opposed to just conventional ARC. eARC can theoretically conveyaudio you'd be able to convey via conventional HDMI. The AV receiver you have is eARC compliant, but no idea if your TV is? Both the TV and the AVR would need to be eARC compliant if wanting to use eARC.

In the amp setup, under hmdi setup there is an option called smart menu. If that is on then you will get an option on the tizen icon for the amp under anynet+ called AV Receiver. When you choose that you get the amp’s smart menu - you can choose source from there.
Mine is an AVR-X1600, but you should have it too?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom