Denon AVR-X3600h Problems

regular_guy28

Established Member
Reaction score
Help!!

Just got the receiver, works great with Sky Q and my Apple TV4k but not getting any audio from my older sony udp 790 blu ray player or my toshiba hd dvd ep30.

I upgraded from an Onkyo 906 and everything worked fine before.

Can anyone please help.

I posted in the main thread but received no reply.

Hi, from what I can tell yes. I’m getting picture but no audio.

Could this be an ARC issue?
HDCP issue perhaps. The older players may be HDMI 1.4 which has a lower HDCP ability. Have you tried an old DVD film in either to see if they play for both video and audio.

Yes, no audio from dvd but get a picture. I have tried connecting the blu ray player and hd dvd player to the input used by sky q and the one used by the Apple tv but no luck. I’m convinced that there is a setting wrong somewhere.

Connect either or both direct to the TV then use ARC for the audio back to the receiver or use an optical cable from TV to the Denon. Do you then get audio. Make sure you don't hot plug the HDMI.

Tre
Connect either or both direct to the TV then use ARC for the audio back to the receiver or use an optical cable from TV to the Denon. Do you then get audio. Make sure you don't hot plug the HDMI.
Ok I must be going wrong somewhere as I cant get arc to work lol.

e.g when i try to watch netflix direct from the tv no audio is returned to the receiver.

Ok, figured out that when i turned off deep colour on the tv everything works from the blu ray player and hd dvd player

Odd things do seem to happen from time to time. I bought a new Panasonic OLED and Pioneer 4K player this time last year. Plugged everything into a, then, four year old Denon X6200 and everything worked perfectly. ARC even worked for, oh what, two days then it was back to the safety of optical. :)

Hi to the AVForum

I have recently installed a Denon Model AVR-X3600H AVR unit set up in 7.1 configuration. The Denon is connected to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) unit direct via HDMI cable, assigned
to the Denon Media Player HDMI input. The Monitor 1 output is connected via HDMI to a Samsung 55 inch Smart TV. Unfortunately I am experiencing an annoying problem with my setup which I hope someone can assist me to overcome.

The problem is as follows: When I first switch on the NAS, plus the Denon amp plus the TV, I can select a TV Series on the NAS and then select the required episode that I want to watch (using the Kodi Player built into the NAS) and everything works OK. However, on an apparently random basis, after I have watched a few episodes and then try to select the next episode (or the next TV series) I sometimes get only the audio with no video or the video with no audio.

I can fix the problem sometimes by switching the Denon amp off and then on again, but that only works some of the time. Mostly I have to switch everything off (NAS, Denon and TV) and then switch it all back on again, and usually that works OK once more. The unit often plays for hours before the problem emerges, for no obvious reason.

The TV shows in question are of varying configurations – mainly 1080p or 720p with a variety of different audio, including Dolby, DTS and AAC at either 2, 5.1 or 7.1 channel settings. My usual audio setting is Dolby Digital surround. The eARC function is not used.

So I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem previously and whether you can suggest how I might overcome it? The Denon Firmware is up to date.
Regards
Geoff

Denon x3600h power issue "Help"

My denon x3600h has gone into protective mode as red led are flashing on power switch.
I have removed all speaker cables i have tryed to reset, discounting power for a time and now I have tryed factory rest by turning on while holding down tuner + & - to achieve "Initialized" but still no joy it keeps switching off straight away with power switch led flashing red quickly is there any thing else I can try as I am not sure I am going to be able sort, during this covid 19 lockdown when i would like my system more than ever as all the family are at home and movies are a real escape from the dome and gloom of the outside world. (bought from Richard sounds) Regards sid

Denon x3600h power issue "Help"

My denon x3600h has gone into protective mode as red led are flashing on power switch.
I have removed all speaker cables i have tryed to reset, discounting power for a time and now I have tryed factory rest by turning on while holding down tuner + & - to achieve "Initialized" but still no joy it keeps switching off straight away with power switch led flashing red quickly is there any thing else I can try as I am not sure I am going to be able sort, during this covid 19 lockdown when i would like my system more than ever as all the family are at home and movies are a real escape from the dome and gloom of the outside world. (bought from Richard sounds) Regards sid
If it's flashing red and turning off immediately with out any speakers connected then that suggests something serious.

You can still contact Richer Sounds and perhaps they can arrange a pick up, I believe they use DPD. You will have to have the original box to be able to send it to them. DPD will themselves do a pick up from your home and you book and pay for it online.

If it's flashing red and turning off immediately with out any speakers connected then that suggests something serious.

You can still contact Richer Sounds and perhaps they can arrange a pick up, I believe they use DPD. You will have to have the original box to be able to send it to them. DPD will themselves do a pick up from your home and you book and pay for it online.
Thanks for reply

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom